Can't wait for next D3 expansion announcement

General Discussion
10/20/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Drothvader
10/20/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Province
It's all the bitter D2 fanboys that just want to see this game die because it's not "dark enough" and blah blah blah, so they spread a bunch of hype about a D4 announcement or the remakes. D3 has a lot of untapped potential ahead of it still.

D3 has had a 4+ year lifespan already as well as one expansion that is over 2 years old.

Even without the context of knowing that the D3 team has drastically downsized and most of the developers have left to WoW / Overwatch, D3 doesn't have much more potential than it already has.

Look, I wanted D3 to succeed too, but development of the game is pretty much over, this game is now in the maintenance phase of its life cycle and I seriously doubt Blizzard is going to revitalize Team 3.

Hyping yourselves up for some big new amazing thing is just going to result in you getting angry and bitter when it doesn't happen. Either love the game for the state it's in now or let it go. If you like D3, don't let me stop you from liking it. If you don't like it though, you're not going to get any "untapped potential" out of it.

I guess we'll see, but I think you're dead wrong. I also think it's a little interesting that they would update their website and put the digital download for the ultimate evil edition front and center for a game merely in "maintenance mode." Expo is coming.
10/20/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Province
I guess we'll see, but I think you're dead wrong. I also think it's a little interesting that they would update their website and put the digital download for the ultimate evil edition front and center for a game merely in "maintenance mode." Expo is coming.

You find it interesting that a company went out of its way to advertise a product so they can make money?
10/20/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Drothvader
D3 has had a 4+ year lifespan already as well as one expansion that is over 2 years old.

Even without the context of knowing that the D3 team has drastically downsized and most of the developers have left to WoW / Overwatch, D3 doesn't have much more potential than it already has.

Look, I wanted D3 to succeed too, but development of the game is pretty much over, this game is now in the maintenance phase of its life cycle and I seriously doubt Blizzard is going to revitalize Team 3.

Hyping yourselves up for some big new amazing thing is just going to result in you getting angry and bitter when it doesn't happen. Either love the game for the state it's in now or let it go. If you like D3, don't let me stop you from liking it. If you don't like it though, you're not going to get any "untapped potential" out of it.

Okay, people like you need to get something right:

"maintenance mode" is being misused so bad.

The definition of maintenance mode in gaming is "entering a stasis stage of a game that can MAINTAIN INTEREST through 5+ years without content additions or balancing changes.

Thus, D3 is FAR FROM maintenance mode because people get bored within 4 weeks already. Give it 3-4 more months with no news and the game is DEAD, there will be no maintenance mode because nobody will be playing.

If the game is going to enter maintenance mode, they will need to change quite a few things to add prolonged play-ability to the game.
10/20/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Demonmonger

As a computer scientist, I'm well aware of what the maintenance portion of a piece of software's life cycle is.

And yes, it is in maintenance mode meaning only bug fixes and small features.

Thus, D3 is FAR FROM maintenance mode because people get bored within 4 weeks already. Give it 3-4 more months with no news and the game is DEAD, there will be no maintenance mode because nobody will be playing.

This is EXACTLY what the maintenance portion of the life cycle entails... Little to nothing new and the software is only updated to maintain stability on newer operating systems and battlenet API's.
D3 only thing I play from Blizzard at the moment. I want to get Blizzcon virtual ticket but not for the price they want for 45 minutes. I don't have any hopes for anything great. It at least allows them to surprise me.
10/20/2016 12:36 PMPosted by Tetra

You find it interesting that a company went out of its way to advertise a product so they can make money?

Why would a company push a game that's in maintenance mode? The game is being pushed to the front of the site for purchase ahead of new content announcement in a couple of weeks - coincidence?
10/20/2016 12:36 PMPosted by Tetra

No, I mean they completely re-hauled the layout of the website and made the digital download of the original game and first expansion more prominent. That's not something a game company does when abandoning ship.
10/20/2016 02:34 PMPosted by Province
No, I mean they completely re-hauled the layout of the website and made the digital download of the original game and first expansion more prominent. That's not something a game company does when abandoning ship.

No, that's what a company does when they're trying to drum up sales for an undersold product.
Are people conveniently forgetting that the game has been without a director for almost 5 months now?

There isn't going to be an expansion announced. Ships without captains do not find port.
10/20/2016 01:19 PMPosted by Drothvader

As a computer scientist, I'm well aware of what the maintenance portion of a piece of software's life cycle is.

And yes, it is in maintenance mode meaning only bug fixes and small features.

This is EXACTLY what the maintenance portion of the life cycle entails... Little to nothing new and the software is only updated to maintain stability on newer operating systems and battlenet API's.

So when we get large patch content it just "comes out of maint mode"

lmfao, I call bs on your response, and profession/experience, because games do not come out of maint mode, they are either rebooted or shut down.
10/20/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Demonmonger
lmfao, I call bs on your response, and profession/experience, because games do not come out of maint mode, they are either rebooted or shut down.

Just like those D2 servers?
10/20/2016 10:09 AMPosted by Kingbaztard
IKR people keep thinking on D4 thats not gonna happen, or do you see starcraft 2 forums invaded with ''please starcraft 3''?

Starcraft 2 is a good game and a great sequel while
D3 is simple boring and an Awfull Diablo game
Thats why there is no"please SC3"

U welcome
D4 won't happen, Diablo MMO would be interesting, but I think it will be an expansion + 1 new class. Would be lovely to see notes on new xpac being "up player limit to 8" "you can now actually universally trade again and form an economy". lol yeah, no D3's problems are too inherent.

I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely introced another row os tabs so they can get people playing for 2 weeks @ start of every season for the next 4 seasons.
10/20/2016 11:03 PMPosted by Drothvader
10/20/2016 07:00 PMPosted by Demonmonger

Just like those D2 servers?

Just like you said, NEW SERVERS.

I mean, come on troll....... better to ignore you than respond anymore......
10/20/2016 09:58 AMPosted by Honiidu
Not sure why some folks can't simply read what's infront of them when it's written across their foreheads.

si taht txet eht gnidaer emit drah a evah ynam esuaceb ebyaM
Dx .rorrim eht ni sdrawkcab ,daeherof rieht fo pot eht ssorca delwarcs
10/21/2016 05:37 AMPosted by LordMurasama
10/20/2016 09:58 AMPosted by Honiidu
Not sure why some folks can't simply read what's infront of them when it's written across their foreheads.

si taht txet eht gnidaer emit drah a evah ynam esuaceb ebyaM
Dx .rorrim eht ni sdrawkcab ,daeherof rieht fo pot eht ssorca delwarcs

You speak troll or is your spelling just really bad? I speak English and a couple of other languages, just not troll like you:

Diablo 20th Anniversary Panel

Get the inside scoop on what’s in store for Diablo III! Join us as Lead Designer Kevin Martens, Senior Game Designer Wyatt Cheng, Lead VFX Artist Julian Love, and Art Director John Mueller share the gritty details on the celebration plans that lie ahead for all our eager nephalem.

What: A deep-dive and Q&A on the content and features headed to Diablo III.
When: Saturday, November 5 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. PDT
Where: Panel Stage, Hall A
10/21/2016 05:17 AMPosted by Demonmonger

So now I'm a troll because I said something you didn't like?

D2 hasn't been in active development for a decade now yet those servers are still live and playable, D3 is pretty much in the same boat. The development team is now super small and D3 doesn't even have a project lead anymore. The only updates that will be made will be small patches containing bug fixes and already lined up cosmetic content.

I would not expect any major announcements from Blizzard because of it and hyping yourselves up over it will just make you miserable when it doesn't happen.
10/21/2016 07:15 AMPosted by Drothvader
10/21/2016 05:17 AMPosted by Demonmonger

So now I'm a troll because I said something you didn't like?

D2 hasn't been in active development for a decade now yet those servers are still live and playable, D3 is pretty much in the same boat. The development team is now super small and D3 doesn't even have a project lead anymore. The only updates that will be made will be small patches containing bug fixes and already lined up cosmetic content.

I would not expect any major announcements from Blizzard because of it and hyping yourselves up over it will just make you miserable when it doesn't happen.

So for the 20th anniversary celebration for Diablo, the panel is holding an in-depth Q&A session to discuss the contents and features headed to DIII to simply tell folks they are in maintenance mode doing minor bug fixes here and there, and maybe we might get the odd cosmetic upgrades? That's a hell of a strategy for a multi-billion dollar publicly traded gaming company, and awesome for public relations too nonetheless.

Successful companies are quite flexible these days: they could move and shift people around to work on, manage and implement different projects.