Sense NO changes S8, what are your goals?

Monk
Well, nothing at all changed for Season 8, what are you guys going to do? IDK if I want to play again as a Monk, Ive only played another class as a Main for 1 season so far, this might be easy 2 I play something else.

I would have LOVED U6 and SSS runes change to make U6 more viable and different.
Think my goal is to get the stash tab and return to my monks in NS :)
this is the first season i really dont feel like playing.
Maybe even try a UE DH for the season journey but not sure yet
10/20/2016 07:50 AMPosted by SuperFoolDk
Think my goal is to get the stash tab and return to my monks in NS :)
this is the first season i really dont feel like playing.
Maybe even try a UE DH for the season journey but not sure yet

Yeah Im most likely doing DH (So I can share gear with Monk).
I'll get my last stash tab and quit seasons forever a few milliseconds later. Took me about 3 weeks last season. Maybe a bit longer this time. We'll see.
For me, stash tab & out. Maybe DH also.
Ulliana's may be ok up to conqueror but that dungeon ! Oy !
Since season 5 I have been playing a different class that I've haven't played much of to learn its viable builds, collect the sets and BIS build items. The end goal is to get the stash tab before the season ends which pushes me to learn the class since I mostly play solo. This season I was split between wizard and monk but decided to go with monk to get back to a melee class.
I'm gonna try to hit gr 60 solo with U6. That's not a hard goal for some, but the grind to higher gr has never interested me before. I usually stop around 45 solo, skipping the grind for perfect gears and caldesans.
I took a season off(Really 2 because season 6 I was half hearted). My bro actually started playing again and he is new to the game so I guess his excited is somewhat refreshing. Enjoying the monk so far and this is the first season in a while I wasn't power leveled. Assuming they have a new game in the works (Diablo 4 Or not) just going to enjoy the ride while I can.
I was going for the stash tab, but once I got the wings I got out. It's not worth it.. Not feeling motivated to play NS either, so here's hoping BlizzCon gives us something new.
Get the tab in Softcore and go back to NS Hardcore. I just missed the tab in S7 from losing gems when pushng and I decided I REALLY hate leveling gems so......
Goal achieved :)
ended up doing the monk.. made 4 diff builds but only found ancient weapons for uliana (sigh). Deleted all from season and can now return to my NS toons

Cleared the 75gr this morning (para 615 or something like that) to end the pain of getting the stash. Was easier with uliana than i remember. Didn't even have a travelers with socket, so had to go wo gogok. Just under 40 hours spent (im no pro)
Waiting for unity and fist of AZ to drop :(

Was able to slap together innas and sage which is helping fuel my fist crafting and rerolling my gundos for decent stats.
Which set dungeon did you complete this season? This is my first season playing monk. I tried Inna's but I can't get the right balance - either my MAs kill too fast for me to group or I power down to much and can't complete killing everything in time.
10/30/2016 09:08 PMPosted by ockhamdesign
Which set dungeon did you complete this season? This is my first season playing monk. I tried Inna's but I can't get the right balance - either my MAs kill too fast for me to group or I power down to much and can't complete killing everything in time.

I did the sunwuko dungeon. Used illosory boots and in-goem. Use extra runspeed where poaaible, then just run straight through evwrything..the clones will kill most but drop a few bells to clear area before moving on... swapped skills so i didnt have bell on ledt click
Oh and don't forget to refresh sweeping wind if it's about to run out
10/30/2016 09:35 PMPosted by SuperFoolDk

I did the sunwuko dungeon. Used illosory boots and in-goem. Use extra runspeed where poaaible, then just run straight through evwrything..the clones will kill most but drop a few bells to clear area before moving on... swapped skills so i didnt have bell on ledt click
Oh and don't forget to refresh sweeping wind if it's about to run out

Around which paragon were you at and do you remember how much sheet damage you had for the clones to kill everything.
Cant remember. Maybe para 400? But dps is not an issue at all in this dungoen. If the clones dont kill the critters then just drop an extra bell
Well, I hit 60 with U6 after finding a FoA. ALMOST immediately lost interest and noticed I had a few ancients laying around and the LON rings so threw those together to make a tempest rush variant.

Farming db with innas was boring so I made a helltooth/manjuma witch doctor to do that dirty work, which also helped break the monotony.

So far my only real goal is to get an ancient blind faith helm and sultans sand 2 hander for the massive blind chance to proc the TR bracers so I can run fire epiphany.
11/07/2016 09:12 PMPosted by Pyobe
So far my only real goal is to get an ancient blind faith helm and sultans sand 2 hander for the massive blind chance to proc the TR bracers so I can run fire epiphany.

Care to elaborate on that build, that sounds interesting.

OT:
As Monk is my least played class, I decided to give it a go this season (I already finished the journey with Crusader, though). My current goal is to get a really nice speedfarm build rolling tp provide mats and DB's. I'm almost there and I'm having a lot of fun with clearing the whole screen with my bells.
I will probably not be pushing GR's with the Monk, but who nows as I'm getting nice gear for R6-generator. What I do want to have by the end of the season is all 4 monk sets in ancient to be stashed away on non season later :-)
SO my goal was to play another class, i picked DH, and it was a terrible time, I was able to do 76 and I most likely can go to 78 even 80 easily, but I just didnt have fun.

So now i'm starting over as monk :)

Never again am i doing that lol.
11/08/2016 01:08 AMPosted by Shiimiish
Care to elaborate on that build, that sounds interesting.

Instead of using epiphany:ascendance to proc your bracers with 60-80 chance to blind between the blind faith and sultan sands (not sure if additive or multiplicative).

If it turns out well then I can switch epiphany for fire rune and have a playstyle similar to the old druin TR build (without laws of Sept of course).

It's much easier to use sunwuko but God I hate the stack mechanic. I don't think it's competitive for Grifts or speed farm but always had a soft spot for TR.