Diablo 3 on the Nintendo Switch?

General Discussion
Nintendo finally have a console powerful enough to do Diablo 3 properly. The Diablo 3 fans would love to play Diablo 3 anywhere there is a decent internet connection.

It would not be hard at all to port the PS4/XB1 verson to the Switch. If Diablo 3 was released on the Nintendo Switch, I'd buy Diablo 3 again. Just to play it on the go.
And then you'd play for barely 2 hours if you're lucky and the thing will die and have to charge.
This Switch console idea is beyond dumb, it's just a WiiU pad on a dock with tiny detachable controllers.
Awful
If everyone is as dumb as you think Switch is dumb, then I guess there's no more innovation in the world. Everyone just pump specs until it explodes like the infamous Uncle Sam?
10/24/2016 07:41 PMPosted by Gameo
And then you'd play for barely 2 hours if you're lucky and the thing will die and have to charge.
This Switch console idea is beyond dumb, it's just a WiiU pad on a dock with tiny detachable controllers.
Awful

We don't know what the battery life on the Nintendo Switch is yet. Come back when we have information about it. No need to complain with zero information.

Seriously I think the D3 on the NS will be a great idea.
10/25/2016 08:52 AMPosted by the8thark
10/24/2016 07:41 PMPosted by Gameo
Awful

We don't know what the battery life on the Nintendo Switch is yet. Come back when we have information about it. No need to complain with zero information.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that an HD handheld that has to also support 2 extra controller attachable pieces will have garbage battery life.
Unless Nintendo has developed some kind of super battery then we all know how it's going to end up...
10/25/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Gameo
10/25/2016 08:52 AMPosted by the8thark

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that an HD handheld that has to also support 2 extra controller attachable pieces will have garbage battery life.
Unless Nintendo has developed some kind of super battery then we all know how it's going to end up...

While the battery life will most likely last longer than you are saying, the Switch is not exclusive to wireless mobile play.... it can be plugged in and docked...
If Nintendo will play nice with others, the Switch looks like it would be a good platform for most of Blizzard's games.

We really don't.
10/25/2016 09:16 AMPosted by Gameo
<span class="truncated">...</span>

"There's no way you'll be able to build a computer that's smaller than the size of this room"

The Switch being "HD" has little to nothing to do with whether it has a good battery life or not. How big of a battery do laptops / tablets have now? They've been touting "HD" for years. It's not like the Switch is going to be putting out 4k ...so 1080p or downsamppled 1080 with Nvidia won't be that demanding.

As for the controllers...really? Do you think the gyroscope in a phone eats up your battery life? Or that every handheld before the Switch was having poor battery life because it had a Dpad attached to it? Come on now. Also...the controllers detach.....so you don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize that the controllers have their own battery source.

People scoffed at the idea of the Vita being a mobile PS3 with a good battery life.
And yet it is.
The thing is not a Vita, it's basically just a portable WiiU and I'd bet my left nut you don't get much playtime when it's off dock.
Nintendo is nothing but gimmicks nowdays, hopefully emulation comes for it sometimes in the near future because I like Nintendo 1st party titles but no way in hell will I ever spend a dime on Nintengimmick again
The thing is not a Vita, it's basically just a portable WiiU and I'd bet my left nut you don't get much playtime when it's off dock.
Nintendo is nothing but gimmicks nowdays, hopefully emulation comes for it sometimes in the near future because I like Nintendo 1st party titles but no way in hell will I ever spend a dime on Nintengimmick again

Wut?

Also: Make sure you are prepared after it gets released. I'm an impatient person sometimes.
10/25/2016 12:30 PMPosted by Gameo

Then DON'T buy it. But as a person who will be getting the Switch, I'm wondering why you care so much to naysay and try to convince Blizzard to deny others like myself who would LOVE to play D3 on the switch. Who are YOU to try and vote against diversity and options on behalf of those that would like said options?
02/05/2017 01:22 PMPosted by yodataco
10/25/2016 12:30 PMPosted by Gameo

Then DON'T buy it. But as a person who will be getting the Switch, I'm wondering why you care so much to naysay and try to convince Blizzard to deny others like myself who would LOVE to play D3 on the switch. Who are YOU to try and vote against diversity and options on behalf of those that would like said options?

using with this diversity nonsense? this game is already on 4 different platforms.

now you want to play the victim that he is not supporting you view. while you and others might like the idea and would love to play it on a switch. you are being selfish and not looking at the big picture. all you are doing is thinking about yourselves. most everyone agrees they want more content. everyone is complaining about how slow d3 is with getting fixes and updates. so now you want to take a already very small crew and split them into porting the game to yet another console. this means updates will be even slower. then once it is made it means they will have to test patches on yet another console giving the crew even more work meaning all players get less content and slower patches. so you want to make d3 worse for everyone so you can play it on the switch.

so please explain why you think you getting to play on the switch is more important then the needs of everyone else.
Let the Switch launch and see what happens.
02/05/2017 01:37 PMPosted by drunkie
<span class="truncated">...</span>

using with this diversity nonsense? this game is already on 4 different platforms.

now you want to play the victim that he is not supporting you view. while you and others might like the idea and would love to play it on a switch. you are being selfish and not looking at the big picture. all you are doing is thinking about yourselves. most everyone agrees they want more content. everyone is complaining about how slow d3 is with getting fixes and updates. so now you want to take a already very small crew and split them into porting the game to yet another console. this means updates will be even slower. then once it is made it means they will have to test patches on yet another console giving the crew even more work meaning all players get less content and slower patches. so you want to make d3 worse for everyone so you can play it on the switch.

so please explain why you think you getting to play on the switch is more important then the needs of everyone else.

More platforms = More players. More players = More $ for Blizzard and more satisfied returning players. It's not much more work for a company that makes BILLIONS.
02/05/2017 01:22 PMPosted by yodataco

I'm also going to say this. How is it possible that "we are being selfish" to want to play a game, that I've personally bought 3 times, on a portable platform (outside of a laptop) which would require me to purchase the game for a 4th time? How exactly is it possible that we are being selfish to request a GAME DEVELOPER to DEVELOP a GAME for what is sure to be one of the most popular GAME PLATFORMS on the planet? They already proved they could do so with the other two popular platforms, why not the only other major gaming platform? Is it not being selfish to ask they NOT build it so they can do what they are already doing for status quo?
...Got a solution. This will end the thread....Ready?

But...a !@#$%^- portable charger for 50$...use the switch all day.

Simple.

/thread.
02/05/2017 03:04 PMPosted by yodataco

I'm also going to say this. How is it possible that "we are being selfish" to want to play a game, that I've personally bought 3 times, on a portable platform (outside of a laptop) which would require me to purchase the game for a 4th time? How exactly is it possible that we are being selfish to request a GAME DEVELOPER to DEVELOP a GAME for what is sure to be one of the most popular GAME PLATFORMS on the planet? They already proved they could do so with the other two popular platforms, why not the only other major gaming platform? Is it not being selfish to ask they NOT build it so they can do what they are already doing for status quo?

there is already 4 platforms that you can play on. they have only a handful of workers to work on d3. so if you take them away to work on a switch port. that means the other platforms are not getting worked on as much. to make the port they must take coders from somewhere. so if they switch over to making a port all the people that are playing on the other 4 platforms will not be getting more content while blizzard spends time making the port. these people been begging for more content for years. it just slow to come out because d3 has such a limited crew. so all those people will be left to wait longer just so you can play the same game on a switch. that is selfish. and i hate to break it to you but porting the game to switch will not bring massive sales. this game is old and everyone wants update or a expo the same old content on a 5th platform isn't going to have a large selling power. they didn't think a full expo would sell well enough to make. no way would the switch port make enough.

so let's stop helping the players on 4 platforms so we can work on a 5th platform that will most likely have a very limited player base. that is about as selfish as it gets. i want it on my switch so the rest of you d3 players can just sit back and pick your butt till we get it.

also i still not sure this console will even sell well. it is still way under powered. they made it to hang with the xbox1 and ps4. well the ps4 has already been upped to a pro. the pro crushes the switch. xbox has a full blown next gen coming next year that will crush the pro. most likely sony is working on the ps5 to hang with the next xbox. so once again nintendo is left being the red headed step child that can't hang. they will still be great for first party games which have a large following but. but the wiiu showed you need 3rd party support to carry a system. and while it is getting love now once the xbox is out they will drop it for lack of power again. nintendo has alot to prove before.wiiu was a total flop.