How are people so fast?

Hardcore
So with the new season just around the corner I am once again wondering how are some (many?) people so damn fast.

For the past couple of seasons I've been seeing quite a lot of people hitting paragon 500-800 on day 1. That's just nuts.

Now I'm not trying to compete with them and I probably don't play anywhere near as much as they (or I used to) but still I must be doing something reaaaaaly wrong if it usually takes me a couple of days just to hit 70 lol. And the difference in pace obviously doesn't stop there XD

Any advice on how to pick up the pace a bit on progression?
Once you reach level 61 and 70, the gear is almost maximized. The trick is finding the best way to level up and survive. Like with any other game, you gain experience by the number of enemies you defeat. There are those who gain bonus experience by continuously engaging monster kills. Sometimes high density maps are much more worthy than completing a high level rift.

Players can complete Torment 10 or Greater Rift 45 without any Sets items by the use of the appropriate skills. Run Speed also plays a factor in playing time. Most Greater Rifts can be completed in under 2 minutes with one shot kills. More damage means monsters die faster. Playing in a group can help you share experience too. Pretty basic information.

This is why ranged characters can be more popular as they don't have to run around looking for monsters to hit. Melee characters are more likely to miss enemies while they run.
Sherwin, you're out of your element.

Pzypro, you do "meta" grift speedruns in four person groups until your eyes bleed. There's nothing else to say about maximizing paragon progression.

There are also guides for speed leveling to 70: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncdpv7LUzLU. Basically you need a full party, you keep it efficient, and you don't waste time sleeping or working that first day.
racing is all about practice, skill and knowledge.

you need to know what build youre going to use and what build you can use in the meantime. you also need to know what your next move is always. every moment you spend thinking about what is next is wasted time.

teamwork helps too, as the saying goes 2 heads are better than 1.

never had it in me to race, love the concept im just too dopey for it
10/21/2016 03:29 AMPosted by VeePow

I've watched plenty of people level up to know how they do it. It's really simple. It's also a lot faster to just do it yourself. Unless you already have friends or a guild to help you leech experience. Public games aren't the same in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 public games are practically non-existent.

I've leveled up to 99 in D2x HC many times in 2-3 days from cow runs. That was until Baal Runs came along and made it a little more interesting. I can assure you that ranged classes are much faster than melee. I used to be an addicted gamer who thought playing games was everything. It's not something to be proud of.

If the OP wanted to read guides from other people then he wouldn't have posted in the forums. Who has time to read guides and watch hours of videos when you can play right now? Experience the game-play first hand. If you want to level up fast then go for it. It's not as hard as people think it is.

I've power-leveled people from 1-70 in one rift map. That's 2-3 minutes. If Rifts can be completed in 2 minutes that's just some math. Most experience is gained by killing monsters. Sure, quest completions are great, but it's all about monster kills.

PS: Season 8 should begin in about 9 hours.
Once you hit lvl 70 you get a 4 man group and grind GR's.

Once you can do GR70+ in a 4 man you net between 2-6 levels per run.

Rinse repeat until you no longer care.
Hit me up if any of you mofos want to lvl up tonight, it could be like old times. We might even get to watch veepow die once or twice!
10/21/2016 07:54 AMPosted by Sherwin
It's also a lot faster to just do it yourself.

Oh Sherwin. I'll take your wackiness over the meta any day.
People play Season 8?
I'm with the op, not even 24 hours into the season and some people have full 13 piece ancient LoN builds in hardcore...
It's called botting.
10/23/2016 02:30 PMPosted by BrbWiFeNaKeD
It's called botting.

Blizzard would've noticed and they'd be banned, so no.
10/23/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Gyrannon
10/23/2016 02:30 PMPosted by BrbWiFeNaKeD
It's called botting.

you must have been living under a rock.

botting is alive and kicking.

i'd be surprised if at some point during late nights there are more bots than actual players.

and blizzard has not done any banning due to bots since the beggining of ROS, that's more than 2 years ago.
10/24/2016 12:41 PMPosted by Undisputedx
10/23/2016 03:29 PMPosted by Gyrannon

you must have been living under a rock.

botting is alive and kicking.

i'd be surprised if at some point during late nights there are more bots than actual players.

and blizzard has not done any banning due to bots since the beggining of ROS, that's more than 2 years ago.

Lots of people are botting, no doubt, but probably not much in the first 24 hours of the season.

As far as blizz dealing with botters, I'd say that they haven't ever done much to them. Here and there they'll throw out some token punishments, but they're a lot more concerned about the satisfaction of the masses than they are about catering to serious players.
10/21/2016 07:54 AMPosted by Sherwin
10/21/2016 03:29 AMPosted by VeePow

I've watched plenty of people level up to know how they do it. It's really simple. It's also a lot faster to just do it yourself. Unless you already have friends or a guild to help you leech experience. Public games aren't the same in Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 public games are practically non-existent.

I've leveled up to 99 in D2x HC many times in 2-3 days from cow runs. That was until Baal Runs came along and made it a little more interesting. I can assure you that ranged classes are much faster than melee. I used to be an addicted gamer who thought playing games was everything. It's not something to be proud of.

If the OP wanted to read guides from other people then he wouldn't have posted in the forums. Who has time to read guides and watch hours of videos when you can play right now? Experience the game-play first hand. If you want to level up fast then go for it. It's not as hard as people think it is.

I've power-leveled people from 1-70 in one rift map. That's 2-3 minutes. If Rifts can be completed in 2 minutes that's just some math. Most experience is gained by killing monsters. Sure, quest completions are great, but it's all about monster kills.

PS: Season 8 should begin in about 9 hours.

what on God's green earth are you even talking about .you realise we are talking paragon lvls and not 1-70 right....
When I got to lvl 70, I completed the journey, got immortal set (barbar), that allowed me to go to T6 .. found some better items .. or you can create them if you are lucky, i was .. so i could hit T10 quite soon ..
if you go GR with this, you get like 10-20 paragon levels per GR .. second day I was paragon 500 and rank 90 in season ..
playing hardcore
what you never heard of autobots?
10/22/2016 10:55 AMPosted by silentkiller
People play Season 8?

I've played it a bit, it's actually decent playing again after sitting out most of s6 and 7.