Belial in 45 seconds on TXIII

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I think it´s nice to have some stuff that needs extra thought to complete (like getting some shrines) but if it really can´t be done with other classes it kinda sucks. Im nowhere near to be able to complete this, and I don´t mind playing in groups at all, but having a part of the journey that only 1 class can complete, and that class is - as I have been reading here - required to have in your group for this achievment, that´s not good at all
I completed the entire journey easily, except for this. I'm playing LoN Bombardment Crusader (currentlty rank #46 EU, with GR80+, with 80+ gems, fully augmented etc), and it's just outright impossible. I think it's absolutely ridiculous + terrible game design that one is forced to invest another 100+ hours to roll a certain class with a certain build, or be forced to go multiplayer with a specific setup just for this. But hey, Blizzard logic: "We want to game to be fun." Some fun... I'm not even gonna bother anymore. They better have something good to bring on BlizzCon / D3 anniversary.
10/31/2016 01:18 AMPosted by Coriiander
I completed the entire journey easily, except for this. I'm playing LoN Bombardment Crusader (currentlty rank #46 EU, with GR80+, with 80+ gems, fully augmented etc), and it's just outright impossible. I think it's absolutely ridiculous + terrible game design that one is forced to invest another 100+ hours to roll a certain class with a certain build, or be forced to go multiplayer with a specific setup just for this. But hey, Blizzard logic: "We want to game to be fun." Some fun... I'm not even gonna bother anymore. They better have something good to bring on BlizzCon / D3 anniversary.

that my friend, is called game balance, something Diablo 3 lacks in spades...I know I've harped on about it a lot, and many dislike me for it, but it's the absolute truth.
The 45 seconds starts when Belial enters his first stage. All you need is burst damage. I suggest a Firebirds Archon Wizard.
Pretty easy solo on a S6 DH as well once you figure out the "automatic skip cut scene" is crap and you need to push the button manually, lol.

Didn't need the best of gear as a P680. Had no auguments and only a 66 trapped (which according to here doesn't even work, lol), 25 powerful (didn't bother to kill an elite to proc it), and 57 zeis. DPS was at 850k, toughness was pretty trash but I ran awareness and smokescreen.

I played as physical, but TBH it probably doesn't make a difference. The part that really matters is just lining up CoE for both phase 2 and 3 (got to push skip cut screen manually). Phase one is like 20 sec with Envious Blade, just make sure you have no area damage on gear/paragon and don't bring a follower. Most of the snakes died in 1-2 hits even with my low DPS.

Edit: I forgot to use striken, lol. use it if you have one thats 25+.
After some unsuccessful attempts I finally managed to achieve this quest in a quite untypical group setup in comparison to the other setups stated in this thread which especially focus on using the impale dh.

First I've been really annoyed by this quest thinking it might be bugged and therefore unrealizable. But after completing it it turned out to be mainly about cooperation and a tactical rearrange of the skills to use - which I find is a quite engaging and varying type of quest. Not everything in this game has to be achieved within seconds ;-).

All three chars of my group were between paragon 500 and 700. We had one ue dh who took care of belial's minions and two dds. A raekor stone throw barb completely skilled on single target damage and my pet wd also going for maximum damage. I removed ghost walker, soul harvest and the cheat death passive in order to get all possible damage buffs.

What I really found helpful when comparing the failed attempts and the successful one is not to stand right in front of belial and simply attack his main body. He definitely took more damage as we split up and each dd stood in one corner attacking one of his arms.
My Boulder Toss Barbarian did it with the help of two Multishot Demon Hunters, but they probably did most of the work.
In all honesty I think this should also have rewarded a Conquest since it really is pretty darn nuts n tough to complete... isn't that what Conquests are too supposedly I thought?!
10/31/2016 01:18 AMPosted by Coriiander

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to assume something is outright impossible just because you can't do it.

I have personally confirmed that it is possible to solo as LoN bombardment, and you don't need GR80, 80+ gems, or full augments. You also don't need to act like you're entitled to it just because you have those things. You might have to try a little though.
What is absolutely critical is the 2nd part with shadow kill must be less than 10 seconds or so in total.
In other words when you port to 2nd part is have your DPS off cool down so you smoke your shadow then second later Big D gets beat down in couple seconds then off to last part and over.

I play WD always and the only time I've missed the achieve is when my shadow comes back a 2nd time.

This is actually an easy one for a WD. I've always nailed this in first or second try.
The hard ones for me are the T13 under 4 minutes so I go into pub game for that.
Good luck all Season 8 hero's!
[quote]I think it's absolutely ridiculous to assume something is outright impossible just because you can't do it. I have personally confirmed that it is possible to solo as LoN bombardment, and you don't need GR80, 80+ gems, or full augments. You also don't need to act like you're entitled to it just because you have those things. You might have to try a little though.

You don't need to make entirely wrong assumptions. I'm not acting like I feel entitled. I'm just annoyed and feel it makes no sense. I am well geared and did everything I could to make the best out of my current gear with augments and all. I clear GR84 easily by now, but no, killing this boss in time just seems entirely impossible to/for me. It doesn't matter what I do, switch gear/skills or not, it just fails, well over 20 tries by now. After years of having fought this dude, that's just stupid, it should be a first try thing in such gear and knowing the fight in and out. Also when I count the seconds in my mind I'm pretty certain I had at least 2 attempts completed at ~40 seconds, but nothing.
I tried this !@#$ again and again and again..

Last time i tried in group with shadow maraunder in order to one shot Belial in the 2nd fight.. Doing this i discover that my pets in non Greater Rift they give criticals.
So, I don't understand.. Pets do criticals only outside a Greater Rift?

If the pets wouldn't give criticals (like in greater rifts) in order to cancel dh passive Sharpshooter (4% CHC every sec) this quest would be a little more easy to compleate, but it seams that the smart guys don't want that...
Any barb able to do it (or maybe a thorns crusader) without getting heavily carried by demon hunters? I tried every build with good quality gear but i'm not even close to it
10/28/2016 08:03 PMPosted by Horax
10/28/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Noitcelfer
Only DH can do this other class also need DH to hlp .

Pls Fix This .

yeah..
I'd rather do leveling to 70 in hardcore conquest than this conquest lol

No kidding. Getting powerleveld in 2 minutes to 70 in hardcore is pretty damn hard I hear.

Anyway, just tried this and failed miserably. Almost ended up dying while at it LOL (I play hardcore). Will try again after some more upgrades.
I would love some help with this if anyone or a DH can carry me through this.
It is possible to do this. I have done it as ltk monk with an ue dh. Gems used was BoT BoP and BoS. We went full glass canon. Basically belial was one shooting me sometimes. Tried it like 10 times or so. Make sure you have the BoT buff up and maybe one or two shrine buffs.
I'm willing to help anyone as well. Did it here at P600 UE no augments. Add me if you need help. :)
I could use some help with this. I'm a level 670 Firebats WD... I'm just not able to clear the minions fast enough.
I solo'ed this with a UE DH. Its a good challenge for thinking outside of the cookie cutter builds.

Biggest tip is to manually skip the dialog. 2nd tip is that he can't be slowed so bott, cull, etc. don't work. Getting on the right coe element is of course good. That should be enough.

If not, then get to the entrance, TP back to town, use the map to find a shrine, frenzy is good, and use nems to get both the shrine effect and proc botp. Map back to town, back to the entrance and away you go.
10/28/2016 12:43 PMPosted by Vox
10/28/2016 12:34 PMPosted by Noitcelfer
Only DH can do this other class also need DH to hlp .

Pls Fix This .

Seems so.

If any NON-DH has completed, pls post here and tell us ur secret!

There are still a few snapshot mechanics that might be abused, but this objective seems to be all about cheese and DH carries right now!

On sader for S8, got a 49s run. (didn't do the chat box gimmick) running pure invokers setup. Went with law of justice and the cdr AC rune to get double barrels in, twice. Pumped cdr to 60% and swapped to the weapon set for instant 100% and grabbing snakes.

Spike rune on barrels and cubed weapon. The thorn rune on steed one shots the snakes for me with the 100% damage from set.

Think I can get it with the chat box close gimmick, or switching to shrine gloves cubed over crown for cdr.

P670 and 2 lvl 60 augments.

Thanks to those who've got it already and for the tips.