General Discussion
10/28/2016 01:42 AMPosted by stoic
I enjoy the concept of Diablo, but the rehashes are just a buzz kill
but the concept of diablo is to do the same stuff over and over
10/28/2016 01:52 AMPosted by hucka
10/28/2016 01:42 AMPosted by stoic
I enjoy the concept of Diablo, but the rehashes are just a buzz kill
but the concept of diablo is to do the same stuff over and over

Each class has a set that is far better than other sets. There are no way other set can come close to it.
Grinding for the same items to hit the wall you face in the previous season is lack of fun.
That's why people always talk about build diversity.
10/25/2016 03:22 AMPosted by Desalien
Maybe if we actually had universal trading and a rich economic side game, world pvp, non-exponential XP grindng in a public area not instanced. Just a few crazy thoughts I came up with just then.

Yeah this has been my gripe forever now. Having only a single activity to do is horrid game design. Hate to always bring D2 back into the discussion but it serves to contrast very well. In D2, I could spend time with MF runs, Baal runs, Trading, or try to nab someones ear in PvP. D3 is ONLY Greater Rifts after you've geared up (super quick process these days).
10/28/2016 02:53 AMPosted by ukib
10/28/2016 01:52 AMPosted by hucka
...but the concept of diablo is to do the same stuff over and over

Each class has a set that is far better than other sets. There are no way other set can come close to it.
Grinding for the same items to hit the wall you face in the previous season is lack of fun.
strangly people had no problem with it in D2 where they were doing this exact same thing

also there is no lack of diversity
10/28/2016 05:57 AMPosted by hucka
<span class="truncated">...</span>

strangly people had no problem with it in D2 where they were doing this exact same thing

Hey look, someone else who never played D2 talking about what people did in D2.

Edit: nevermind, just realized it's Hucka, I got troll baited.
...strangly people had no problem with it in D2 where they were doing this exact same thing

so people in D2 didnt pick a build and grinded the items needed for it?
strange, cause thats exactly what the D2 fanboys preach all the time
I don't feel playing season 8 anymore! Any season without huge changes is boring for me now!
10/25/2016 04:27 AMPosted by Skelos
You don't need new content for an ARPG to be re-played. This is not a non-sandboxed MMO, don't forget this. If D3 is in a good state some day, it won't need new content to stay alive.

You don't need tons of content, but you need systems that actually promote approaching the game in many different ways. This is why their streamlining of progression around sets is such a stupid move. The base skill system could've offered exceptional flexibility, but they completely killed it by forcing people into stupidly overpowered sets.

Once you accomplish a properly balanced core to promote experimentation, then you can focus on extra content creation, which is pretty much gravy to keep things fresh once in a while.

You know what's funny? Sandbox games also thrive on diversity. The Elder Scrolls series is a perfect example of this. Even after completing a playthrough, these games' base systems and exceptional customization options allow them to remain compelling for many more playthroughs. In that sense they're pretty close to ARPGs, even if the focus gravitates more towards role playing than action combat. D3 offers nothing of the sort, while other ARPGs most definitely do, which is the reason why people get bored so fast with this thing. It's just sad when the only thing that keeps people playing is a petty bribe, the stash tab, don't you think?

I mean, it's not like D3 is an ESports-oriented title to warrant such an obsessive behavior when it comes to control how people play. Why the hell do they have to try to dictate all the freaking time how people are to approach the game? Why on earth do they kill builds community members developed just because it's not them who crafted them? It's funny how they destroy builds under the "overpowered" excuse, yet implement stupidly overpowered builds of their own instead of being consistent with their own rhetoric and balance them properly to not trivialize the rest of the loot/build pool. Meh....
...strangly people had no problem with it in D2 where they were doing this exact same thing

This