T13 story mode

General Discussion
I was thinking it might be kind of fun/challenging to run through the story mode on T13 using zero set items. Similar to that season challenge of doing a gr 45 with no set items. If anyone wants to give this a shot sometime shoot me an invite :)
Good luck with that. I am not sure how you would get your damage up high enough to do T13 at even a slow pace without set mechanics. But, if you can find a way to make it work, +respect to you.
11/04/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Hattrick
Good luck with that. I am not sure how you would get your damage up high enough to do T13 at even a slow pace without set mechanics. But, if you can find a way to make it work, +respect to you.

Im play testing some gear combos on different classes at the moment figuring out what works best. But in this power creep of a game, you have to make your own fun!
11/04/2016 08:29 AMPosted by Ham
Similar to that season challenge of doing a gr 45 with no set items.

Except that was running a difficulty similar to T10, and not T13.

Since there are no time limits in campaign (unlike GR45), it would mostly be toughness that is the problem. Hence just stack everything that adds damage reduction with damage as an after thought. Will take days per chapter but still doable.
11/04/2016 08:33 AMPosted by Hattrick

Lord Greenstone's Fan should do it
11/04/2016 09:13 AMPosted by DrSuperGood
Will take days per chapter but still doable.

Not so sure it's doable. Some of the bosses still enrage, e.g. Butcher, Belial, and Azmodan. T13 Belial has 1.1 trillion HP solo. He enrages after 3 minutes in his final phase. Just about every no set build I can think of would fail to kill him before he enrages. Good luck surviving Belial's enrage on T13.
11/04/2016 09:47 AMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Not so sure it's doable. Some of the bosses still enrage, e.g. Butcher, Belial, and Azmodan. T13 Belial has 1.1 trillion HP solo. He enrages after 3 minutes in his final phase. Just about every no set build I can think of would fail to kill him before he enrages. Good luck surviving Belial's enrage on T13.

I thought enrages were removed ages ago! Or is it just that our damage is now so inflated they never happen...

Bane of the Stricken? As long as you deal some damage and allow it to ramp up it should put an upper bound cap on how long the boss fights can last.

I am pretty sure LoN crusader can do him, without LoN... You see LoN Crusaders have been able to run GR90+ solo. Seeing how bosses there have hundreds of trillions of hitpoint while T13 Belial only has 1.1... Sure no LoN means a loss of 1 and a bit order of magnitude of damage, but it is only 1.1 trillion health.
I'm going to see how far I can get with a pet doctor first. I still need to make some slight gear changes when I get home but the little man and tall mans fingers with CoE put out fairly decent damage and all the fetishs help with single target and being meat shields.
So I cleared Act1 pretty easy with this build, I feel with a little effort the other acts will be doable :) Also, boss fight actually feel like boss fights!http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ham-1685/hero/54458163
Ive made it all the way to the angle of death. Clearing T13 story with the WD wasn't that hard (probably due to BotS) BUT if anyone wants to do some greater rifts with no sets, give me a shout. I would love to do that!
I just have completed act 1 t13 para 853 maraudeur destroying all like a t1. I expect more troubles in further act....
Why are you playing a DH? When you obviously like the Necro.
I ve done a GR 90 without any Set Items...
https://youtu.be/DDHNERrgfzM
So T13 is easy possible even without big Para or insane Gear.

Btw, i also run just 4 fun T13 complete Story in ~58 Minutes with UE DH
https://youtu.be/js8AOQmSKJ0