2M+ LifeTime Kills, Enjoy the game?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Does anyone with at lest 2 million LifeTime Kills still enjoy the game in its current iteration?

And if you don't, what was you favorite D3 Era.
no , uninstalled
I have nearly 5M and still enjoy the game. My secret is lots of short play sessions (under 2 hours).
Nah, can't even get past the char screen without changing my mind and closing out.
11/07/2016 05:43 AMPosted by Gameo
Nah, can't even get past the char screen without changing my mind and closing out.

Same, I think about the time i would have to invest to be top 50 on leaderbord and just close the game. Cause there is no other goal to achieve.
10 mil here.
Played from the start.
Best era? Vanilla fo sure. I had one of the best Barb WW. I really enjoyed fast alkaizer runs, and profit from them.
I was very strong, a lot of people asked me to help with ubers. And i helped.
Now game is absolutely trash - everyone have the same gear, +- the same power (who still playing a lot).

So now im here for few hours per week.
And ..... im regreting to buy any others blizz products.
I had been playing once in a while. But my play time just started trailing off until I stopped playing altogether. Don't really have plans of playing it again unless the D3 team pulls off something that's really deserving of the 20th anniversary.

Favorite era though? I'd have to say vanilla D3 before the nerf of Inferno and right after the implementation of Paragon levels in vanilla D3 also. I just haven't been able to play my Wiz, which I mained in vanilla, for all of RoS. Mostly because they took a lot of the skills I really enjoyed out of the game, like the arcane orb that could pass through any mobs. I really miss my vanilla arcane kiting wiz build.

Edit: And I wanted to add that no, Frozen Orb is just not the same as Arcane Orb. It suits the role of slowing things so I can kite like I used to do, but it doesn't benefit from +arcane damage, and I don't think it looks as cool either.
Its seem to me that older D3 player all enjoyed Vanilla more then anything else. Its the same thing for me and most of my friends, there was just this sense of accomplishment that does not exist anymore.
i been playing since the start too, and it's been a journey. Gosh didnt realize i was nearing 9mil kills. I have stopped recently though, since im not a fan of season and after 2 of those i just cant be bothered anymore.

I probly enjoyed the most the period sometime between RoS started and before GR came into play. The difficulty was just right for me, not insane like vanila, and no a walk in the park as it is now. The drop then was not over the top but you get something. Theres no AH. Theres a ceiling to the difficulty hence preventing the power creep that GR + unlimited paragon brought to the game.

So yeh, guess that was my sweet spot.
No not the current.

I enjoyed a lot of the Release. I loved the Inferno difficulty. But maybe the downsides (AH and impossible loot) were much greater than the good things.

1.3 was pretty good.. last patch before MP system iirc.

1.8 was not bad but I didn't really enjoy the Monster power system. It would have been okey I guess if it was only like MP1-5 but I felt 10 was too much. There was too much power creep already back then imo. (too big difference between player in MP1 and MP10)

2.0 in Vanilla was a fun change.. finally I could find loot that I can use. Even though the 4/2 stat system is not the most interesting.

RoS release was great. I liked to improve my character slowly and got into higher Torment levels. Finding those set pieces and slowly unlocking the next difficulty.

The game really started at T1 when you unlocked all the rewards.. so i felt that there was only like 6 difficulties which was quite ok amount.

Loot rarity was quite spot on.. though I would have hoped that Rare items were close in power with Legendaries.
well tbh i rememer very clearly my last coop fight which i relly enjoiedwas in vanilla D3 , yes after some time i was very bored but lot of my playing time is from that era , my butt hurt when i remember on that time ....wizard was coolish as fak !
not this season for sure.

maybe my best time is before seasons. you can easily find a group whatever you are playing. now ppl just run the season journey with friends and it is frustrating at least one point of the journey for everyone.

my best time was CM wiz, nerfed. then heal monk, partly nerfed.
so here we are, running the season journey like a headless chicken and waiting for the next good thing.
LIFETIME KILLS

I AM ACTUALLY HAPPY WITH BLIZZCON AND SOMEHOW THAT IS WRONG

I AM ACTUALLY STILL ENJOYING THE GAME AND SOMEHOW THAT IS WRONG

I AM ACTUALLY GLAD WE GET NEW FREE CONTENT AND SOMEHOW THAT IS WRONG

DOWNVOTE ME THEY ARE LIKE VITAMINS
11/07/2016 05:22 AMPosted by Abanem
Does anyone with at lest 2 million LifeTime Kills still enjoy the game in its current iteration?

And if you don't, what was you favorite D3 Era.
sure i am, on multiple servers lol, but not very often these days
PTR, where is your patch
It's turning into the same thing that D2 did for me – a fun game I come back to occasionally for a bit of loot grind. It's not the same rabid hunger I had for it right after RoS was released, but it's a great game to visit now and again if I want to grind a bit.

The mechanics are solid, but repetitive, so it doesn't have the never-ending interest of, say, a PvP game where you can constantly hone your skill and try to hit that next level or story-driven game with lots of little areas to explore or secrets to find. I'm looking forward to the Necromancer's return and will definitely roll one when he comes out.

I feel like the powercreep is starting to eat at the game, though. 13 difficulty levels feels excessive (let's be honest: anything lower than T1 is classified as "that part you get power-leveled through as quickly as possible), but also a necessary evil for what they're trying to accomplish – signs of an underlying design problem. As I said, I'm looking forward to the Necromancer, but I'm much more eagerly awaiting news on that "unannounced Diablo project" that Blizzard is tinkering with.
Yes. I do.

9 MILLION LIFETIME KILLS.

LOL WOW

GET A LIFE, IG.
11/07/2016 05:52 AMPosted by Life2v
10 mil here.
Played from the start.
Best era? Vanilla fo sure. I had one of the best Barb WW. I really enjoyed fast alkaizer runs, and profit from them.
I was very strong, a lot of people asked me to help with ubers. And i helped.
Now game is absolutely trash - everyone have the same gear, +- the same power (who still playing a lot).

So now im here for few hours per week.
And ..... im regreting to buy any others blizz products.

10,9 mil.Playing since Diablo III launch as well. WW Barb was the best bo/class back then, was playing the Monk though (almost 2.000 hours played on the class), I still like Diablo even if it's community lost 80% and the game got worse, especially after someone added the paragon system, new system loot/bounties, Greater Rifts, favor of group play against solo play etc

*p.s Ubbers was like a graveyard backthen a tone of slains, not as it is now that everyone can one shot kill em.
7.5 mil. Not stopping until I have eliminated every illegal monster, demon, beast, and cultist from Sanctuary.

Make Sanctuary Great Again
11/07/2016 05:41 AMPosted by Shanso
I have nearly 5M and still enjoy the game. My secret is lots of short play sessions (under 2 hours).

This, if you're playing the game 7-10 hours a day, every day, of course the flaws are going to be magnified. D3 is a game that's best when you play shorter, infrequent sessions. I can't fathom investing the time it would take to get over 1000 paragon in the game. It certainly has its share of flaws, but the combat/skill variation and the environmental design are still very good.
Yes, I'm still playing and enjoying the game.