DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
1 2 3 31 Next
Out of curiosity, how much do you think this will cost? Blizzard has not yet listed an official price.

It includes the necromancer as a "new class" plus in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs (on PC), a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.

My guess is $20. Too high or too low?
Highly Rated
10$, more would be brazen after killing the Diablo-Franchise
10-15$ for base and maybe 20$ for some deluxe style
Highly Rated
if it was just necro i would say 10.

But knowing their greediness,they accomodate this "pack" with stash tab and character slots to justify the purchase.So,25$ you heard this first here folks
Considering that they are adding a in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil. my guess is they wan't your money $19.99-29.00
$19.99 at most. Maybe pre-order sale of $14.99 or $9.99

What should it cost? Probably only $9.99 but blizzard understands and knows how many players are currently playing and time they invested. They can probably project that hardcore players who sink hundreds or thousands of hours into would be willing to pay a bit more for a dlc character pack.

Casuals will scoff at a $19.99 price point while $9.99 would be like it sucks but I'll do it anyways just so I don't miss out. Estimating hardcore players willingness to pay $19.99 vs how many more sales could get if it was only $9.99 will probably determine if they should go with lower price move more units or higher price and move fewer units.

I personally believe from a business standpoint $19.99 would be a reach but they could get a lot of sales at that price point initially. They can always lower the price later once the hardcore fans pay a premium or they figure out saturation rates aren't as high as they were estimating.

I mean given that d3 and the expansion can be readily found on sale for $19.99 each. It would be a hard sale to say oh and pay another $19.99 just for a single character class, couple stash tabs, cosmetic stuff, and 2 more character slots.

I do hope it's only going to cost $9.99. $10 more won't break the bank but that would be quite annoying since I'm a day one adapter for this franchise and pay full retail day one.

If it's more than $19.99, then I'll have to rethink my position of buying day one content for this game. I don't exactly find much value in all that cosmetic stuff, stash tabs, or character slots. I just want the class. If they separated it out where you could just buy the class and pay more for all that other junk, then that would be a sweet deal for players like me who want to pay for core content and not fluff just for the sake of it being added to a dlc to balloon price up.
Highly Rated
11/04/2016 03:53 PMPosted by MicroRNA
Out of curiosity, how much do you think this will cost?

Probably $10

If it costs any more than this, then you'll have something to complain about.

$19.99 would be a huge slap in the face. If it costs more than $10 I will be joining the angry mob in vehement protest of the price.
11/04/2016 04:03 PMPosted by Blackout
Considering that they are adding a in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil. my guess is they wan't your money $19.99-29.00

unless they change their past styles, it will be ONE stash tab.
i hope $10
I'd happily pay up to $20 myself and would begrudgingly pay up to $30.

That being said, I expect $20. They'll probably try to overvalue the quality of the in-game goodies and pets and whatnot.
Just for one character? 10 bucks. If there was actual dungeon and story content I would pay a lot more.
11/04/2016 04:11 PMPosted by caracc
I'd happily pay up to $20 myself and would begrudgingly pay up to $30.

That being said, I expect $20. They'll probably try to overvalue the quality of the in-game goodies and pets and whatnot.

$20 is too greedy of a price for one single character.

It should be 1/6 the cost of an expansion so $9.99.

Don't say you'd be willing to pay $20 because that only gives them incentive to set it to that price. They're probably waiting to announce the price based on player reaction to the announcement. If they can get even just 500k players to buy the Necromancer they've just made $5,000,000 That's more than enough to cover the costs involved with developing a single character.

More than likely though, they'll sell more than 500k Necromancers.
$40 would be fine.

If Blizzard gives me less than $40, I don't agree.
10$ or well 1/24/2017 resident evil 7 welcome to the family son
$10-$15 Would be reasonable price
Since I wont be playing it, I dont need to buy it. Maybe down the road I will but not right now.
Is anyone going to buy it anyway? I don't care where they price it
I think my worry about this costing more relates to the 2 RoS versions (Standard vs. Digital Deluxe). In a sense, the digital deluxe is DLC-like. It included 3 character slots + some in game goodies. Blizzard charged $20 more for this limited items and it does not include a playable.
10 max, even with pets and QoL perks.
My hope? 10 USD. My beliefs? 15 USD. I could get 15 bucks worth of entertainment out of this game with a necro. I honestly don't think I could get 20 bucks worth.

I always pictured the Diablo series as a pay and you're good for the long haul. No frills you get everything. It will piss off people to hear this is not the case. They have added a lot though, so maybe I should change my perceptions a bit.