DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 31 Next
I'd be willing to pay $15 CDN for it but no more than that... If they ask anything above 15 USD, they're insane.
on launch: $30~$50 [the greed spirit alredy posses blizzard long time ago...]

low sales: $20 [one week lather...very few players; very few buyers]

promotion: $10~$15 [half a year later]

i really loved necro from d2. i don't see any other game that you can have a good summoner. [if anyone know a good summoner, tell me please :P]

i'm awaiting Angrily for necro. but i doubt the necro from d3 will be a good summoner...or comes without a abusive price... :/
20€.
I don't think they would release it at the same price point as RoS, the comparison would be too infuriating to too many. And the dev costs can't be anywhere near, since RoS had tons of new maps, mobs, additional skills for the original 5 in addition to its new class.

I expect somewhere between $10 and $20, at $10 I would probably buy it day 1, at $20 I might wait until I see some people playing it in multiplayer or Twitch or whatever and then decide if I want in (or wait for them to eventually put it on sale).

Or, if they implement that WoW token to battle.net balance idea, I might just buy it that way instead... although if too many people have that idea, tokens will rise even higher.
It will be $20+ guaranteed.

-One broken class that will be promised to be balanced later down the line.

-Extra stash tabs.

It will be at least $20. Damn, I'm glad I pulled the plug and didn't support them in buying RoS.
01/19/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Tetra
Damn, I'm glad I pulled the plug and didn't support them in buying RoS.

Why are you still on the forums then?
01/19/2017 07:11 PMPosted by PhantomLeap
01/19/2017 06:52 PMPosted by Tetra
Damn, I'm glad I pulled the plug and didn't support them in buying RoS.

Why are you still on the forums then?

Watching Blizzard fail is awesome
I pay 5$ for Co-Op Characters on Starcraft 2, I should only Pay 5$ on Diablo 3 for a Character they didn't add new content, just a new character.
I would be surprised if it were sub $20. They're desperate to monetize Diablo after the RMAH tanked.
01/20/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Kejumi
I pay 5$ for Co-Op Characters on Starcraft 2, I should only Pay 5$ on Diablo 3 for a Character they didn't add new content, just a new character.

ridiculous, way more work goes into a diablo 3 class than starcraft 2 commander that it can barely even be compared
I'm calling $30 on launch. Realistically I feel that $10 would be fair, but it'll never happen.
$15 is fair.
At most I would pay $15 CAD. I would prefer $5 CAD as i have no problem paying that for co-op commanders in SC2. A single rehash of a D2 class CAN NOT take that many resources. I'm heavily into modding and make way more robust content updates in a fraction of the time.
if its more than 10 dollars no one will buy it
11/13/2016 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
<span class="truncated">...</span>
$20 is too much

If it's more than $10, I will not buy it. I am not paying half of an expansion price for 1/6 of what an expansion would give me.

The Necromancer is their only real chance for people to return to the game and try it out again, if they overcharge for the Necromancer they're shooting themselves in the foot.

You are free to feel that way, but I just can't logically imagine them selling the Necro pack at such a low price.

$10 = one Wow pet

For just $10 you want:
-Necro (male and female) with all skills, voice acting, animations
-2 stash tabs
-2 char slots
-Pet
-Portrait
-Pennant
-Banner
-Sigil

Also keep in mind all the free stuff we already got (greater rifts, 2 new zones, set dungeons, Seasons, wings/pets/portraits, over 100 new items, lots of new bounties, tons of QoL game changes and more stuff I am forgetting). The further 2 new zones, Armory, Crafting changes, and Challenge rifts will be free too. Like the content or not (*cough*setdungeons*cough*), they have given us a ton of free stuff already.

What you are asking for just does not seem logical to me based on past history. I suppose you can vote with your wallet though. I know I would hesitate if it was over $30 but we all have our own opinions on prices. I am mentally preparing myself for $20 seeing as that is what they price the Digital Deluxe upgrade bundles for.

Producing the Necromancer for D3 costs about 30-60k at most in a normal developer studio, but Blizzard might stretch it to 350-450k.

So if they charge 9.99 for the Necro, and only 33% of the Ros owners buy it, it would be approx 10'000'000 x 9.99 = 99'900'000.

100 million in the pocket for a 450'000 USD investment is a slap in the face of human decency.

Also keep in mind, if anyone wants to play the Necro, they must also purchase RoS if they havent done so already. This means another potential 30'000'000 to 60'000'000 on top of the Necro pack, because there is a lot of people that threw D3 in the garbage and didnt purchase RoS, but they might out of stupidity fall for the bait (Necro) while thinking "Maybe they fixed itemization, increased complexity and character development along replayability and longevity".

After all, A LOT of people fell for the "Loot 2.0" scam, and believed we were getting back D2 style loot with improvements, along character development, huge-replay-factor and Individual Skill-Customization when purchasing RoS.

They could sell the Necromancer for 1.99 and still make a profit nowhere nearly ethical.

if the necro would cost 1.99, probably 20'000'000 users would buy it, which would mean 40'000'000 USD + the sales of RoS for those that jumped the sinking ship after D3 vanilla launch.

Dont tell me in either case, making 50'000'000 (with a 1.99 Necro pack price) or much more.... of a 450k investment isnt worth it...
@TopCommander

I suspect your numbers are significantly off.

How many people bought just D3?
How many people bought both D3 and ROS?

You can tell that there was a falloff in purchases if you compare 1st week sales of D3 versus RoS.

I highly doubt 20,000,000 people are still interested enough in D3/RoS to purchase the necromancer DLC. I bet that it is at least an an order of magnitude less (i.e. less than 2 million) and that may be generous.

I do agree with your point that they will still make a ton of money on the deal. Even if Blizzard's cost is $1,000,000 dollars and they sell the DLC at $10, they only need >100,000 people to buy it to make a profit.
If they throw in free 4 more equipment slot, and 4 more character slot...
I am willing to pay $40-50.

Otherwise... all i can say, it is still junk.
Am I missing something here? They just had the whole bundle on sale for $20. Why would anyone pay more than $10 for a DLC? It should be less but I can see that as a price point.
11/13/2016 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
11/13/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Drothvader
$20 is too much

If it's more than $10, I will not buy it. I am not paying half of an expansion price for 1/6 of what an expansion would give me.

The Necromancer is their only real chance for people to return to the game and try it out again, if they overcharge for the Necromancer they're shooting themselves in the foot.

You are free to feel that way, but I just can't logically imagine them selling the Necro pack at such a low price.

$10 = one Wow pet

For just $10 you want:
-Necro (male and female) with all skills, voice acting, animations
-2 stash tabs
-2 char slots
-Pet
-Portrait
-Pennant
-Banner
-Sigil

Also keep in mind all the free stuff we already got (greater rifts, 2 new zones, set dungeons, Seasons, wings/pets/portraits, over 100 new items, lots of new bounties, tons of QoL game changes and more stuff I am forgetting). The further 2 new zones, Armory, Crafting changes, and Challenge rifts will be free too. Like the content or not (*cough*setdungeons*cough*), they have given us a ton of free stuff already.

What you are asking for just does not seem logical to me based on past history. I suppose you can vote with your wallet though. I know I would hesitate if it was over $30 but we all have our own opinions on prices. I am mentally preparing myself for $20 seeing as that is what they price the Digital Deluxe upgrade bundles for.

Everything you mentioned is free BECAUSE the game sucked even more and no one was bothering with it. *cough* it was not free at all because I paid for a lot more than I got *end of coughing *.