DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 31 Next
03/28/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Kindread
Seriously, gamers are the cheapest group of people I've ever met.

Theres being cheap and theres being unreasonable. $60 would be unreasonable since even the main game was what $39.99 if I remember. Now you can pretty much get Main and RoS for that.

Even $29.99 is unreasonable for really no new content. (no act for example). its not unheard of a company doing something like that but its still unreasonable.

$19.99 while expensive for just a character can be a possibility. Its unlikely but possible.

Hence why the $9.99 and $14.99 values are being thrown out there. It would be nice if it was $4.99 but thats unlikely given track records.
03/28/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Dragonmaster
$60 would be unreasonable since even the main game was what $39.99 if I remember.

Nah you got yours way late and on sale if you saw it for 39.99
New commanders in SC2 go for $5. So..all total I'd say the package should go for about $10 or less. However I expect it to be double since we are getting so much value with a new class. And there is a strong history in D3 of doubling things. I mean..2 stash tabs? 2 new areas to clear in an hour? That's what's going to be tough to price.
Like typical CE's these days, $150 for you Blizz, a CE Necro pack.
11/04/2016 03:58 PMPosted by BattleMalNet
10$, more would be brazen after killing the Diablo-Franchise

still makes me chuckle
For basic dlc edition, $39.99.
Same price as RoS, whatever that was. I don't remember.
I hope it's $60, just so I can come onto the forums here and watch you all cry.

They're gonna cry no matter what the price is.

I'll bring the popcorn.
03/28/2017 05:40 PMPosted by DrunkTank

They're gonna cry no matter what the price is.

I'll bring the popcorn.

I will totally steal all the popcorn. One of my favorite snacks! I just don't do sweet. Popcorn on the other hand is so tasty!
Considering that you can buy both original + RoS for $30 now, I imagine that the price point for the DLC will be $14.99. $20 is too high for only a character DLC, $10 is, yeah, not gonna happen.

The middle ground. $14.99.
I really could care less how much the Necro DLC is.

I play this game to try new builds and find new items, and everything about the Necro will be new. I will be a kid waking up Christmas morning to open his gifts once the Necro releases.

I hope it's $1 so I can buy 60 of them and send you a picture of me swimming around in them like Scrooge McDuck.
Shame there is no prize for guessing the correct amount like you get it for free.
I'd say $29.95 to start and it will drop on specials later and there will be a bonus pack which will have cosmetics for more possibly.
Activi$ion will settle around $250. All that very hard work and passion d3 devs put into the dlc couldn't cost a penny less.
From the general talk on the forum here it seems $10 is the going rate...but after so long of piddling people around I think it should be free, but that's not blizzard :/
i Won't pay more then $10 for it
I think it's weird that they said it would have 2 Addons and then they slack on the 2nd Addon...which really isn't an addon.
Considering I live in Canada, this is going to cost me at least 22 to 24 dollars after the conversion rate.

I'm assuming this is going to run for 14.99 USD but I'm hoping to only have to pay 9.99 USD. If it's 19.99 USD they're out of their minds... This game is dead media at this point, only no lives play it still (sorry just a fact)

The entire battle chest for this game costs 29.99 USD atm... It would be insane to think a single character and a couple of junk cosmetics and stash tabs could cost half the price of an entire game and all its DLC.

I'd be willing to pay 10 USD for it, if it's higher, the content will be questionable at best... I'll probably wait to see how he plays and what his builds are like.

For 10 USD the Necro could be complete dog !@#$ as a character and I wouldn't bat an eye if it takes them months to fix him... If he's OP out of the gate, I'd be willing to shell out the extra 5 USD for a couple weeks of brutal monster genocide and easy GR80 clears solo.
If Blizzard really wants to keep using F2P monetization strategies in their buy to play games, perhaps they should consider having a difficult set of achievements to unlock the Necro for free, and use that to justify whatever higher price point they think their Necro is worth. That's how F2P games like Warframe or Marvel Heroes do it. Charge a questionable amount of money, but also offer a free way to unlock it that's obnoxious.

While I personally don't think the Necro is worth 20-30, I might still buy it anyway even if they asked for that much. That's even knowing that I'd probably play it for a week in one or two seasons and then go back to not playing D3 at all, because it will probably still be the same old D3.

The only reason I'd pay that much is because I have millions of gold in WoW even after buying a bunch of B.net balance tokens already. So in my mind it's essentially free for me anyway. /shrug
03/28/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Demonmonger
I really could care less how much the Necro DLC is.

I play this game to try new builds and find new items, and everything about the Necro will be new. I will be a kid waking up Christmas morning to open his gifts once the Necro releases.

I suppose you're those people who get satisfied too easily.

Necro Pack! So exciting! Must play! OMG!