DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 31 Next
People have been saying they will pay $10 bucks for stash tab and/ or character slots for years. They are giving you 2 stash tabs and 2 character slots. Add another $10 for the necro and I predict around $20 give or take would be 'fair' value.

I am fairly sure there would be a lot of people signing up for that.

Of course $10 would be a no-brainer and Blizz could still make money at that price point, but it really depends on how many people are left playing.

They might experiment with something in the $10-20, or provide some discount at a later date in the range once the hardcore people get in first.

Any more than $20 would be unreasonable considering that they would charge no more than $40 for an expansion.
I'm going with $20 . Pretty sure I paid $25 for a wow mount back in the day.
I'd pay no more than $20USD for JUST the new class (that i dont even want but im a completionist)

I mean how much is an expac? Take the price of an Expac and remove all the content down to just the new class and what can you really charge?
$15-$20 is reasonable.
11/04/2016 04:19 PMPosted by Gogozerg
$40 would be fine.

If Blizzard gives me less than $40, I don't agree.

can you buy mine?
There will most likely be not only the Necromancer and 2 slots and 2 tabs, but there will be the Armory, the 2 or 3 new zones, the new monsters, maybe some new or updated items, the new crafting mat UI, and lord knows what else.

Well worth a $19.99 price point, which is what I predicted in an earlier post. That is roughly the cost of going to the movies and watching a 3D film for 2. <--- For approximately 2 hours of entertainment. I know most of you will get far more out of that with this upcoming pack.

But ultimately, its up to Blizzard. All we can do is wait.

Game on.
$100, but they have to pay me. Even $0 is too much.
lol should be free if you have ros just sayin
Based on previous Blizzard pricing:
D3 - $60
RoS - $40 (one class, Act 5, new items)
Deluxe Edition upgrade with one pet, some cosmetics, and 3 char slots - $20
One WoW Mount - $25
One WoW Pet - $10

So, seeing as we get a lot more than one pet we know it is not likely to be priced at $10.

I am expecting that the new class, two stash tabs, two char slots, pet, portrait, pennant and sigil are going to run between $20 and $30 USD. More than $25-$30 and I think they will have issues with selling it. Just my personal opinion. There is no info out yet about what the marketing team is thinking of.
11/13/2016 01:02 PMPosted by MissCheetah
D3 - $60
Deluxe Edition upgrade with one pet, some cosmetics, and 3 char slots - $20
One WoW Mount - $25
One WoW Pet - $10

So, seeing as we get a lot more than one pet we know it is not likely to be priced at $10.

I am expecting that the new class, two stash tabs, two char slots, pet, portrait, pennant and sigil are going to run between $20 and $30 USD. More than $25-$30 and I think they will have issues with selling it. Just my personal opinion. There is no info out yet about what the marketing team is thinking of.

i fear their position on pricing at this very moment has to be very carefully, because we all can see the game is balancing between staying PvE or becoming dominantly PvP

$20 is too much

If it's more than $10, I will not buy it. I am not paying half of an expansion price for 1/6 of what an expansion would give me.

The Necromancer is their only real chance for people to return to the game and try it out again, if they overcharge for the Necromancer they're shooting themselves in the foot.
You're not asking what it's worth, but what will they charge?

Minimum of $30, probably $40, possibly $49.99.

I don't need any of it and won't pay more than 10 bucks. It'll be a game ender for me if future patches won't update because I don't have it installed.
11/13/2016 01:30 PMPosted by Drothvader

$20 is too much

If it's more than $10, I will not buy it. I am not paying half of an expansion price for 1/6 of what an expansion would give me.

The Necromancer is their only real chance for people to return to the game and try it out again, if they overcharge for the Necromancer they're shooting themselves in the foot.

You are free to feel that way, but I just can't logically imagine them selling the Necro pack at such a low price.

$10 = one Wow pet

For just $10 you want:
-Necro (male and female) with all skills, voice acting, animations
-2 stash tabs
-2 char slots
-Pet
-Portrait
-Pennant
-Banner
-Sigil

Also keep in mind all the free stuff we already got (greater rifts, 2 new zones, set dungeons, Seasons, wings/pets/portraits, over 100 new items, lots of new bounties, tons of QoL game changes and more stuff I am forgetting). The further 2 new zones, Armory, Crafting changes, and Challenge rifts will be free too. Like the content or not (*cough*setdungeons*cough*), they have given us a ton of free stuff already.

What you are asking for just does not seem logical to me based on past history. I suppose you can vote with your wallet though. I know I would hesitate if it was over $30 but we all have our own opinions on prices. I am mentally preparing myself for $20 seeing as that is what they price the Digital Deluxe upgrade bundles for.
D3 - $60

IIRC, RoS also added 2 character slots, 1 stash tab (which was +25% stash space at the time), and 10 character levels (5 new skills, 15 new passives, and the ability to continue playing the game with other players.)

Rise of the necromancer is only 1 new class, 2 stash tabs (+20% stash space if you have unlocked all the seasonal stash tabs, +33% if you haven't), 2 character slots and some cosmetics you may or may not care about (I know I don't).

Baring the cosmetics, this is far less than half the content of RoS. Somewhere in the $5-10 range would seem fair to me for that much content.

Sadly, as the pack also includes cosmetics, I fear they will overprice it as some kind of mandatory deluxe edition and will try to charge us $10 more for some in-game pets and banners. If they do, I'll have to think twice before I reach for my wallet.
Conversely, if they try to charge anything more than $20, the choice will be very easy.
11/13/2016 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
For just $10 you want:
-Necro (male and female) with all skills, voice acting, animations
-2 stash tabs
-2 char slots
-Pet
-Portrait
-Pennant
-Banner
-Sigil

The necro is the only thing in this list that cost them any real development time. The rest would have either been given away for free or cost them nothing but a small amount of extra server space.

The Necromancer is worth $10, nothing more.

11/13/2016 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Also keep in mind all the free stuff we already got

I don't care about what free stuff we've already received.

The pack is only worth $10. I will not pay more than that.
@Thorgor

the problem is that they forced monetary value on the stash-tabs by doing seasons
-that's why i would pay 20$ (10$ for the 2 tabs)
25 bucks is my guess
Droth,

If this was a game, I didn't like already. I wouldn't buy the expansion.

Because it is a game that I _DO_ like and play about 50-100 hours a season now (because of stash tabs and cosmetics), I am willing to pay the 20-30 bucks it might be to keep the game current.

I see that there are several groups of people that don't want to buy the pack.
1) People that don't like the game in it's current iteration for whatever reason - these people shouldn't buy the expansion.
2) People who are casual, just got into the game within the last year or so, and like the game but don't see the value.
3) People who play regularly, but are salty because they didn't get a full expo / D4 / D2 remaster - I think these people will end up paying when the time comes.
4) People who have already left the game and find better value elsewhere but still hope for something worthwhile to come back to. - These people will buy _AFTER_ the release if there is good reviews on the class.
5) People who fail to see the value that they have received over the last 2 and half years and feel that purchasing this expo in itself has limited value.
6) People who really can't afford to buy it unless it has amazing value.

People who actively play the game since ROS came out should recognize all the development and content that has come out for free and support the game. That's my view on it. If you are a player with over 500 hours of ROS playtime and still playing, I think it's a no brainer to support the game with your wallet.

Assuming that it would have been "free" anyway is a problem. Blizzard never had to give any content for free. They could have held it all back and done mechanic / bug fixes / and game redesigns (removing trials). Cube, the new areas we've gotten, ancients, new legendaries, grifts, leaderboards, and ladders didn't need to be given to us for free. I think players forget a time when there was no real content released in vanilla.

I think you have stopped or significantly slowed down your playtime. I know lots of fans that are in the same boat. If you aren't actively playing anymore, or don't plan to, I'd definitely wait until necro came out and see how people felt about it before buying anything and gage value then.

If you DO play necro and plan to get most of the relevant gear, it will probably net you about 30-50 hours of playtime. If you plan on getting GG gear, it will be much higher. The average seasons playtime to get through chapter 9 is about 30-50 hours. I think this is to be expected from this class.

Since this class may be part of the meta for groups, it could end up being pay 2 win type of feeling. I see this as a double edged sword. People can argue it to be pay 2 win in this regard.
11/13/2016 12:20 PMPosted by DTMAce
There will most likely be not only the Necromancer and 2 slots and 2 tabs, but there will be the Armory, the 2 or 3 new zones, the new monsters, maybe some new or updated items, the new crafting mat UI, and lord knows what else.

Well worth a $19.99 price point, which is what I predicted in an earlier post. That is roughly the cost of going to the movies and watching a 3D film for 2. <--- For approximately 2 hours of entertainment. I know most of you will get far more out of that with this upcoming pack.

But ultimately, its up to Blizzard. All we can do is wait.

Game on.

I cannot see them gating the armory behind the Necro pack.

There is going to be a stringent of players that simply do not want the Necro, and it would not be right to deny them the armory, something the game should have had from the get go.
11/13/2016 01:53 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN
the problem is that they forced monetary value on the stash-tabs by doing seasons
-that's why i would pay 20$ (10$ for the 2 tabs)

Yes, I understand that those 2 stash tabs are worth more for some players than for others.
As a casual softcore player that don't mind doing seasons, I'm happy with my 9 (soon to be 10) tabs and don't really need more at the moment, especially considering that the upcoming mat tab will free me some space.
The 2 new tabs will of course be nice to have to store my necromancers' stuff, but they are not worth $10 to me on their own.

If the necromancer pack truly costs $20+, then I'd like to have the option to buy a non-deluxe version (with only the new class and the 2 character slots needed to play it) for a fraction of that price.