DLC Price Point for Necromancer Pack

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 31 Next
so the dlc will most likely come out on 31st december 2017 for the anniversary right?
If the topic is, "What will Blizz charge?" This is not about what it is worth at all. If history repeats itself, they will probably charge $40, and piss everyone off!
I have stopped playing d3 atm because I got bored of doing gr's as there is no real end game, I was hyped to come back just for the necro , but I woud only pay 10$ and no more, as has been stated b4, Once u hit 70 its back to the same old boring gr's. get bored again then stop playing ...
Guessing somewhere between $20-30, about what I pay for a really good family size pizza from a real pizza place.
19.99$
:) my bet is on 25$, cuz they can :)
I hope it's like Starcraft heroes $5
Single red cent over 15 bucks and no deal.
Price is not an issue. I will pay whatever it cost to play it, simple as that.
11/04/2016 04:11 PMPosted by caracc
I'd happily pay up to $20 myself and would begrudgingly pay up to $30.

That being said, I expect $20. They'll probably try to overvalue the quality of the in-game goodies and pets and whatnot.

Don't you see that you're ruining it for everyone else? blizz reads the comments and if they see people being like "OH, I'LL PAY THIS MUCH" they're gonna be like: "hey, we can get some money out of these guys".
It should be $10 or 15 at most. Anything higher then that would be the slap in our faces. And anything like 30 would be outright insulting.
Don't really care the price.

Shut up and take me money.
Did no one else here get a survey a month or two ago asking if they'd be willing to pay $15?

Seems like that's the price Blizz is shooting for.
I'm not buying it.
If it's 10 dollars I might pick it up anyway, anything more and I won't buy it because I won't play it anyway.
i think it will prob be 10-15$.
hoping at max at 20$, but even with all the stuff they do, like item, audio & voice dialog for all the act & event. I think 20$ is still a bit overprice for a single hero.

If it is over 20$, I'll take it later on at discount.
11/04/2016 04:26 PMPosted by REVival
Is anyone going to buy it anyway? I don't care where they price it

For sure. Look how many people still post on these forums... and thats a tiny % of the total number of players. I'll buy it day one at $10-15, if its $20 I will be unhappy, but I would still probably buy it. Any more than $20 and Im done with D3 though.
11/13/2016 01:46 PMPosted by MissCheetah

For just $10 you want:
-Necro (male and female) with all skills, voice acting, animations
-2 stash tabs
-2 char slots
-Pet
-Portrait
-Pennant
-Banner
-Sigil

Also keep in mind all the free stuff we already got (greater rifts, 2 new zones, set dungeons, Seasons, wings/pets/portraits, over 100 new items, lots of new bounties, tons of QoL game changes and more stuff I am forgetting). The further 2 new zones, Armory, Crafting changes, and Challenge rifts will be free too. Like the content or not (*cough*setdungeons*cough*), they have given us a ton of free stuff already.

What you are asking for just does not seem logical to me based on past history. I suppose you can vote with your wallet though. I know I would hesitate if it was over $30 but we all have our own opinions on prices. I am mentally preparing myself for $20 seeing as that is what they price the Digital Deluxe upgrade bundles for.

You're trying to bundle stuff that we've gotten for "free" already into the price of future content. It doesn't work like that. We have already gotten the things you've mentioned, meaning that the time, effort, and cost has already been covered.

It isn't as though blizzard said to their employees, "Hey create all this stuff, eventually you'll also have to create a new class and some other stuff that we'll sell separately. We'll be paying you out of whatever money that makes."

No, the content that was released over the course of RoS has been made for the improvement of the game itself with the hope that we the consumer continue to enjoy the game. If we enjoy the game we will be more enticed to purchase future products. They haven't produced the content with the expectation that future products will be purchased by everyone that has enjoyied it.

To conclude many of the points you brought up are extremely pathetic.
- Greater Rifts, by and large were introduced because the first introduction of "normal" rifts was incredibly sloppy. The game devolved into those who played the game, and those who sat in chat. Greater rifts, and the patch they came in iirc, changed this to make a more competitive atmosphere. Not to mention actual play of the game. If rifts had stayed like they were the game would be trivial and not worth playing outside of the story perhaps.
-Seasons, this further increased greater rifts competitiveness while adding a means to efficiently and constructively add content, large and small, to the game while giving a nice way to compete with those around us.
-100 "new" items, many of these Items aren't really new. Back in RoS's release when I started there was probably 6 different legendary greatswords, 2 of the had a special effect the other 4 just hit a bit harder than a yellow. Many items have been given additional effects to improve build and game diversity. Finding legendaries used to be rather boring except for the 10% chance to find one with a unique effect that is useful, not just another forgotten soul.

All of these thing combine into a larger point, they were implemented so that the game didn't stagnate, so that people enjoy playing the game they had already purchased. Not because we agreed to pay for the game again.
01/05/2017 01:27 PMPosted by Bambino
11/04/2016 04:11 PMPosted by caracc
I'd happily pay up to $20 myself and would begrudgingly pay up to $30.

That being said, I expect $20. They'll probably try to overvalue the quality of the in-game goodies and pets and whatnot.

Don't you see that you're ruining it for everyone else? blizz reads the comments and if they see people being like "OH, I'LL PAY THIS MUCH" they're gonna be like: "hey, we can get some money out of these guys".

I highly doubt what is typed in these forums will have any impact on price.

They will have already planned the price, well ahead of time. It's silly to think this toxic pit will have any impact at all. Just like the majority who complain and are ignored.
I'll probably buy it regardless.

The price will only influence how I feel about it.
if the price is $15-$25 id be more then happy to pay for it. you get the Necromancer as a playable character, you also receive an in-game pet, two additional character slots, two additional stash tabs , a portrait frame, pennant, banner, and banner sigil.
lets break this down an use PoE as a example, 1 stash tab is $2, we get 2 so thats $4. we get 2 character slots those are $3 each thats $6 for a total of $10. lets say the avg price of a pet is $10 so we got $20 dollars just with that stuff based on PoE price. its not just the necro you get you get extra stuff thats well worth a $15-$25 price.
so as long as it stays within a $15-$25 dollar price your getting well worth your money.