Blizzcon d3 news

Hardcore
Blizzards Chief Development Officer just announced:

20th Anniversary Patch for Diablo

"We are recreating the original Diablo in Diablo3"

Art and Sound, special filters to emulate older pixelated video, can only move in 8 directions like in old D1, etc etc etc. It is going to be like the original Diablo.

Back to d3 news:

2 new zones being added, can be accessed through adventure mode.

Necromancer will be a new class. They seem pretty pumped about it, though seems weird having them with witch doctors already in game.

No actual expansion news or news of a potential d4, unfortunately.
Think they'll be able to emulate the playing over a 300 baud modem connection experience...
11/04/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Endeavor
Necromancer will be a new class. They seem pretty pumped about it, though seems weird having them with witch doctors already in game.

Listen.maybe I'm just shallow but I'll be logging back into D3 now to play WD and then Necromancer after my move is complete. I can't make myself not play Necromancer for a full season... at least, haha
11/04/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Lykotic
11/04/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Endeavor

Listen.maybe I'm just shallow but I'll be logging back into D3 now to play WD and then Necromancer after my move is complete. I can't make myself not play Necromancer for a full season... at least, haha

Yeah, I know that a lot of people have wanted Necromancer for a while. Heck, we see necromancers resurrect threads here in the forums a lot already...

There will be a cost associated with Necromancer fyi, and it will come with more than just the class. Current speculation is around $15 but they have not announced what it will be yet. I'm sure I'll buy it, spend a few hours on it, then go back to my Dagger Barbs.

11/04/2016 01:02 PMPosted by Bond
Think they'll be able to emulate the playing over a 300 baud modem connection experience...

Ugh, I hope not.

I didn't play d1 in multiplayer, but I do remember that I spent $200 for a voodoo 3 3000 to play it on my pc. Unfortunately, my bottleneck was the cpu rather than gpu, so that money was wasted... That did prompt me to start building my own rigs though, and 20 years later I've been able to keep a max or nearly max rig basically non-stop without breaking the bank. I'm pretty proud of that achievement, thank you d1!
Upon reaching 100%, Greater Rifts now open a portal to a smaller Boss room where you fight the Guardian.

This is very worrying for HC. Does it mean it will be like normal boss fights where you can´t escape to the next room if you think you´re in danger?
Are you guys allergic to using the General forum, or something?
11/04/2016 02:22 PMPosted by HelloKitty

Yes
11/04/2016 02:25 PMPosted by Lykotic

Yes

Lol

Report us if it bugs you so much. You know how often we get moderators in here...perhaps by October 2017 they'll move the thread.

Does the general forum have a shortage of posters? Haven't looked in there since the D3 forum was updated.
11/04/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Tubs
Upon reaching 100%, Greater Rifts now open a portal to a smaller Boss room where you fight the Guardian.

This is very worrying for HC. Does it mean it will be like normal boss fights where you can´t escape to the next room if you think you´re in danger?

I hadn't thought of that and it is a definite concern. We will see is all I can say.
I hoped they'll announce new D3 dev team to fix the non-sense crap being pushed since RoS.

Oh well, most likely the first time I'll pass on a D3 xpac/addon, we shall see what the PTR or beta has to offer, maybe only maybe they've come to their senses.
11/04/2016 06:00 PMPosted by silentkiller
Oh well, most likely the first time I'll pass on a D3 xpac/addon

the first time like there was so many times you bought a D3 xpac/addon?
Okay, I'm gonna have to eat crow.

The General Discussion forum resembles a small war-zone at the moment, and should be avoided by anyone not wanting to get caught up in the line of fire. I can only compare my brief time there to, perhaps, watching a person put their entire face up to a beehive and screaming into it just so all the bees can fly inside their mouth and sting them internally.

Okay, maybe I did a little more than watch... I may have "kicked" the metaphorical beehive just a little by poking some fun at a few of the comments: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751505328
And 20 down-votes is nothing compared to the reaction I got yesterday for having innocently suggested that the free content we received since the release of RoS has amounted to a second expansion pack, minus the hefty $40 price tag. A fair word of advice if you plan on ignoring my warning and going over to the General Discussion forum anyway: Optimism [there] might get you killed!
11/04/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Tubs

Don't worry about this too much just yet. I don't remember where I read it, but the author was saying that this was probably specific to Blizzcon booths and not something that was going into the live version. Ya never know though. If it's coming, it'll be on the PTR first, so we'll at least have a warning.
11/05/2016 02:40 PMPosted by HelloKitty
Okay, I'm gonna have to eat crow.

The General Discussion forum resembles a small war-zone at the moment, and should be avoided by anyone not wanting to get caught up in the line of fire. I can only compare my brief time there to, perhaps, watching a person put their entire face up to a beehive and screaming into it just so all the bees can fly inside their mouth and sting them internally.

Okay, maybe I did a little more than watch... I may have "kicked" the metaphorical beehive just a little by poking some fun at a few of the comments: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751505328
And 20 down-votes is nothing compared to the reaction I got yesterday for having innocently suggested that the free content we received since the release of RoS has amounted to a second expansion pack, minus the hefty $40 price tag. A fair word of advice if you plan on ignoring my warning and going over to the General Discussion forum anyway: Optimism [there] might get you killed!

The game is just not the game a lot of Diablo fans wanted. I started out really hyped and after a couple weeks I find myself bored with it.

Graphics don't make the game. Its the game mechanics and if the game mechanics are dull and to repetitive it leads to boredom.

That is probably why the down votes because others see it differently.
Supposedly completing a GR without dying will give an additional Gem upgrade so it should be 4 - 5 for each GR now.
11/05/2016 04:16 PMPosted by Khord
Supposedly completing a GR without dying will give an additional Gem upgrade so it should be 4 - 5 for each GR now.

So that means we get a static increase to our gem upgrade?

When we die in a GR we get zero gem upgrades....in fact we lose all of the upgrades prior :)
ill take it cy...one less gr to run while re-lvling my gems!
Blizz should go a step further and punish sloppy softcore players by subtracting one upgrade per death down to 1 upgrade. That would minimize leaching.
11/05/2016 02:40 PMPosted by HelloKitty
And 20 down-votes is nothing compared to the reaction I got yesterday for having innocently suggested that the free content we received since the release of RoS has amounted to a second expansion pack, minus the hefty $40 price tag.

Im kinda with you there. Of course there´s a lot more that could be done and the game could be way bigger, but what we got so far is totally fair. People on gd are never satisfied, they´ve been asking for necromancer since launch and when they get it they want more. If they gave xpac or d4 I´m 100% sure they would find something else to cry about