Blizzcon d3 news

Hardcore
D2 is still better in every possible way shape or form.

Until they admit this fact then D3 will continue to be trash can status.
D2 is still better in every possible way shape or form...
False! Gold pick up is greatly improved.
Sup guys. I heard about the expansion or addons and thought I drop by and and goof around in the hardcore forum again. YEAH BABY!! Looking forward to playing the Necro. :) Hope all is well with all my good d3 friends. Life has been shat for me the past months--so no hc D3 any time soon. I live in Louisiana and my house was flooded in August. Took around 4 ft of water and lost 95% of contents in the house. There's not enough painkillers in the world to cure my pain right now. I'm currently living in the apartment and trying to get our house back to normal. :) If I could recommend a new skill for the necro, it would be called "Down The Flood".
11/05/2016 02:40 PMPosted by HelloKitty
Okay, I'm gonna have to eat crow.

The General Discussion forum resembles a small war-zone at the moment, and should be avoided by anyone not wanting to get caught up in the line of fire. I can only compare my brief time there to, perhaps, watching a person put their entire face up to a beehive and screaming into it just so all the bees can fly inside their mouth and sting them internally.

Okay, maybe I did a little more than watch... I may have "kicked" the metaphorical beehive just a little by poking some fun at a few of the comments: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751505328
And 20 down-votes is nothing compared to the reaction I got yesterday for having innocently suggested that the free content we received since the release of RoS has amounted to a second expansion pack, minus the hefty $40 price tag. A fair word of advice if you plan on ignoring my warning and going over to the General Discussion forum anyway: Optimism [there] might get you killed!

Yeah, even as dead as the hardcore and barb forums are, I'd still rather hang out in them than in GD. GD just...sucks.
11/05/2016 03:16 PMPosted by SilentSword
The game is just not the game a lot of Diablo fans wanted. I started out really hyped and after a couple weeks I find myself bored with it.

Graphics don't make the game. Its the game mechanics and if the game mechanics are dull and to repetitive it leads to boredom.

That is probably why the down votes because others see it differently.

You picked a bad time to start playing d3. It was incredible a few years ago. Now, not so much. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but it could be so much more.

11/06/2016 12:28 PMPosted by FredVIII
D2 is still better in every possible way shape or form...
False! Gold pick up is greatly improved.

Truth, gold pickup is way better in d3.

11/07/2016 07:38 AMPosted by HojoKing
Sup guys. I heard about the expansion or addons and thought I drop by and and goof around in the hardcore forum again. YEAH BABY!! Looking forward to playing the Necro. :) Hope all is well with all my good d3 friends. Life has been shat for me the past months--so no hc D3 any time soon. I live in Louisiana and my house was flooded in August. Took around 4 ft of water and lost 95% of contents in the house. There's not enough painkillers in the world to cure my pain right now. I'm currently living in the apartment and trying to get our house back to normal. :) If I could recommend a new skill for the necro, it would be called "Down The Flood".

Oh, damn, that sucks hojo. Hope things get better for you soon.
That's pretty exciting as I saw the news roll up.
Necromancer the new lag monster perhaps?
GD is the true hardcore survival. Speaking from experience
Necromancer that's it?

I just dinged lvl 38 pokemon go

Check ya later
I don't understand why they don't want to do a 2nd full expansion... I appreciate the stream of content but I want more. And while I obviously don't have any stats, I think a lot of people want another one too to get more content and fix-up some of the itemization and difficulty issues plaguing the game.

Am I naive to hope that they might still do one eventually on the basis that they are still actively supporting/patching the game to keep it going?
11/08/2016 12:12 PMPosted by Pzypro
Am I naive to hope that they might still do one eventually on the basis that they are still actively supporting/patching the game to keep it going?

It's called milking a dead cow, it will go on for a couple more years and then there will be an announcement for Diablo 4 sometime in the 2030's or that there will no longer be any patches.

They have no plans to fix the underlying problems of the game, simply because they are core problems and the amount of time it would take for a decent dev team, might as well start making a new game altogether.
They would need to fire/move to different teams the existing team, which isn't an easy task for a large corporation, those are people with benefits, been there for some time, it takes some balls to say "You're no longer useful here".
I don't know. It just seems to me that they are putting in way too much time / effort into something that they would consider dead with no further potential. If that was the case, they'd just keep the servers running and stop wasting further money on it that's not giving them any return. I kinda doubt that they are making much of anything off box sales at this point.

Keeping Diablo relevant for D4 10 years from now doesn't seem like the best investment at this time.

Yet all that effort doesn't seem like it's leading towards anything as the years go by. I guess there is that necromancer pack at the end of next year... but that alone can't be what they were going for?

I guess we'll see what if any big announcements they have next year about all this. But that seems to be the story every year... And yes, I know it's looks increasingly unlikely.

I agree that the game has some unfortunate deep flaws which probably can't be fixed. But what they have now is still pretty good and with a couple tweaks can definitely keep it going for some time more. Hell, my two biggest problems with it are the stupidly overpowered sets and the 20 different difficulty levels multiplied across 5 different modes... Those aren't hard things to retouch.