Diablo 1

General Discussion
In the minority here, as I am really excited about the D1 announcement. A friend and I were really hoping we'd get a D1 or D2 remaster, more so than a D3 Xpac or D4.

Though one thing is going to let me know straight away if its worth playing. Is D1 Itemization or D3?
D3 itemization.
I care more about this than anything else. Why haven't they posted anything on this website yet? We have the Necro post.
11/04/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Coleslaw
D3 itemization.

If this is true then hype turns to disappointment instantly.
11/04/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Province
I care more about this than anything else. Why haven't they posted anything on this website yet? We have the Necro post.

More info on D1 in D3 will be at the 20th anniversary panel tonight I believe
11/04/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Knightmare
11/04/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Coleslaw
D3 itemization.

If this is true then hype turns to disappointment instantly.

Yeh if that's the case I'll just keep the game uninstalled, don't care.
I want the spell tomes and for it to be D1.... not D1 maps with D3 chars.
I didnt like, because we play d1 in d3 engine (Cartoonish Engine), and we have d3 itemization, bosses with lazers, and all this !@#$ what d3 has.

Sad.
11/04/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Coleslaw

I'm betting on purple poneys.
Wait, no, let's say green for a change.
11/04/2016 01:49 PMPosted by Coleslaw
11/04/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Province

Awesome. Thanks
Eh. I still have the D1 disc. I haven't played it in ages. May not even work on today's machines. I guess what I'm saying is I am done with that game. Other than a brief walk down memory lane and nostalgia what is in it that will entice me to play? I can't think of anything. I expect the duping trick will be removed so I don't even have that to look forward to..sigh..all those potions are just going to go to waste.
This will be cool for one or 2 playthroughs but that's it.
11/04/2016 01:59 PMPosted by HoldTheDoor
This will be cool for one or 2 playthroughs but that's it.

Which is the main problem with D3. The item hunt is the main goal of any good ARPG. D3 failed miserably at this.

Man I was really looking to farm a Windforce, Merc's bow of Thunder, GPoW, KSoH, etc, etc....

So bummed right now.
Wait a second,

They're introducing a patch to diablo3 that will include the original diablo1 quests/zones as in, we'll be able to play with a dh/wd/etc the original story ?
This isnt d1 in d3, its a retro tileset to remind you of d1. Its just a map. A new bounty per say.

I wish they would just make it diablo 1 in the d3 engine. New char, maybe alter a few gameplay mechanics, but a standalone playmode.

But once they said you can play through with your current characters....its just a diablo 3 map.
Seriously, I'd pay 60 bucks for an actual remaster of D1 and D2.
diablo 1 remaster would be heaven
i know necromancer is coming by the end of the year, summoning this very thread must of required a lot of mana, you clearly farmed a lot of paragons to gain massive amounts of intellect, i r jelly