Necromancer Details:

General Discussion
Taking a look at the "rekt" link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20324407

This caught my eye:

Q: How is the Necromancer different from the Witch Doctor?

A: The Necromancer and Witch Doctor are quite different in both theme and play style!

Witch Doctors draw their magic from their spiritual connection to a realm they call the Unformed Land. This more light-hearted take on supernatural powers allows them to command creepy crawly denizens of the jungle and summon mindless zombified pets.

Necromancers can expect darker, more controlled gameplay centered around the raw materials of life: blood and bone. Grounded in a philosophical, pragmatic approach to life and death, they’re more like a calculated conductor of the darkest arts. Deadly serious in their practice, they are the experts of curses and reanimation—and their pets obey their every command.

Hmmm, okay.
Not to turn this into politics....but does anyone else feel this similar to when Trump or Clinton were asked questions....and didn't really answer them?

This feels the same to me. What can we learn between the difference of the Witch Doctor vs Necromancer?
-Some lore Blizzard decided to pull out of nowhere to try to define the difference between the two classes. Basically the Witch Doctor follow's a more spiritual side, while the Necromancer follows a more "gothic", dark-arts feel. The line: "and their pets obey their every command." -- What is this? Am I supposed to feel spooked? Is this to mean Witch Doctor pets don't follow their every command currently?

Let's move on:

Q: Where is the female Necromancer?

A: The Necromancer is still in very early development. We’re hard at work on the class as a whole, and the female model just isn’t ready for us to share with you yet! Here’s some awesome concept art, though.

-HUGE pet peeve. DON'T speak for the art and call it awesome. Let that be up to US to decide if it's awesome or not. I can't get over how unprofessional this sounds when companies describe something as "awesome" -- that isn't objective; that is completely subjective. "We have some initial concept art that we're really proud of." is what Blizzard/Activision should have said here. Not to mention, that concept art is hideous (in my opinion); that skull the female necromancer is holding looks like a blatant cross-over from WoW, which I guess shouldn't be too surprising considering most of Diablo 3 felt like poor attempts of integrating WoW into a Diablo universe.
Witch doctor and necromancer not the same at all.

Next?
11/04/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Rager

Next?

They absolutely will play the same; just look different.
11/04/2016 01:59 PMPosted by OutruntheSun
11/04/2016 01:57 PMPosted by Rager

Next?

They absolutely will play the same; just look different.
yet players wanted the necromancer. and they they finally got it!
Go ahead and pay for it and play it then. You'll stop playing in 2 months like everyone else who gave this game a chance.
If they made it a pure summoning class their servers would explode I guess.
11/04/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Aspirine
If they made it a pure summoning class their servers would explode I guess.

yup.
Summoner with area damage on open map - seems legit.. but not for d3 engine
Some more Necromancer details regarding the skills :
https://i.gyazo.com/fa09f08e7be8164be00b5dd297aedc6c.jpg

From the demo we have the following skills :
Corpse explosion : Target an Area exploding all corpses dealing weapon dmg as physical
Blood Rush : Shed your mortal flesh and re-appera yards away passing through most obstacles .
Siphon Blood : Siphon the bloods of your enemies dealing weapon damage as physicaland restores Essence ( Necromancer resource as it seems )
Bone spear : Summon a piercing bone projectile that causes weapon damage as physical to all enemies it passes through
Decrypify : A crippling curse that reduces the enemy unit's movementspeed and reduce damage done
Command skeletons :
-Active : Command your skeletal minions to attack the target and increase their damage ( Pet WD should be Jeaulous of this attack this target command ^^ ).
-passive : Raise skeletons from the ground . Skeletal minions deal weapon dmg per attack .
The skeleton Cap seems to be 10 units ( 7 melee and 3 ranged skeletons ) .
11/04/2016 01:53 PMPosted by OutruntheSun
The line: "and their pets obey their every command." -- What is this? Am I supposed to feel spooked? Is this to mean Witch Doctor pets don't follow their every command currently?

Witch Doctor's often have to resummon their pets on top of the targets the player wants attacked.

From the article, check out the Summon Skeletons video. Watch the melee skeletons and the cursor. It looks like the Necromancer is redirecting the existing skeletons to a new target even though the previous ones are still alive.

This could be interesting.