Wyatt Chang on the Necromancer

General Discussion
Hello DTMAce and drunkie,

When Josh Mosqueira became Game Director this behavour changed. The Dev Team started to listen, which was a massive relief for the most of us...

this is when they finally took steps that pretty everyone felt improved the game. listening to the fans and finding out what they wanted instead of telling them what they should like.

i disagree with you about selling the necro is a good first step. that to me is one of the worst steps. first off games don't need a money stream. this is pure greed by games today. if you look at the link above i made a much longer post explaining what i felt they could do. dlc is not the answer. paying for a necro to run the same broken content doesn't help any issue at all. a full expansion would of brought tons of money and would add value. just a new toon doesn't add value. the core of this game is broken. they must work within the limits of this game . because of these issues they need much more content than d2 needed.
Hey again everyone,

thanks for the replies! While we all got to express some of our thoughts, I would like to get back to the topic. While I do appreciate, that you all expressed your opinions, let's get back discussing Wyatt Changs tweet about the necromancer being released late 2017. I think, most of us are pretty dissatisfied with this.
Hey drunkie again,

11/04/2016 11:53 PMPosted by drunkie
i disagree with you about selling the necro is a good first step. that to me is one of the worst steps. first off games don't need a money stream. this is pure greed by games today. if you look at the link above i made a much longer post explaining what i felt they could do. dlc is not the answer. paying for a necro to run the same broken content doesn't help any issue at all. a full expansion would of brought tons of money and would add value.

thank you for your opinion on that. I do understand your point. DLCs may not be the best way of monetization. But since this game hasn't got any other sources of revenue, I think this is still a good way to "pay" the developers. I have to be honest, my friend, I have expected the announcement of a 2nd expansion today. I think most of us have. The necromancer could have easily been part of the 2nd expansion without problems. That is the reason why I've asked "what have you guys (blizzard) been doing the last 2 & 1/2 years" in my opening post. Since we aren't getting a 2nd expansion, I am still eager to find out, what the devs have in store for us (saturday Q&A Panel @ Blizzcon).

I am seeing it this way: Starcraft 2 has gotten all of its expansions and is now monetized via DLCs. Maybe "our" game has gotten all if its expansions too and is now monetized via DLCs. I would rather get DLCs than nothing, even though this is a "cheap money grab". Still, what I don't like is, that it will take almost another year until we actually get "new content".
Any other thoughts on this specific topic?
Bump before i get banned.

:)

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20751585224

way too funny...

Let's see what day 2 has in store for us...
I have the feel that something just didn't go quite right...for one of the oldest Blizzard communities ever...
Core of Evil, everyone came after just try to fix his shjt

http://i.imgur.com/tK2Xc.jpg?fb

oops
LUL
These guys have the best job in the world. When was the last content patch? 6 months? 1 year? More?
So in that time all they've had to do at work was take a dungeon from a 20 year old game and shove it into this one and come up with a necro cinematic. Boy, I'd love to show up at work and shove my head directly up my !@# til 5pm.
11/05/2016 04:06 AMPosted by Kricys
These guys have the best job in the world. When was the last content patch? 6 months? 1 year? More?
So in that time all they've had to do at work was take a dungeon from a 20 year old game and shove it into this one and come up with a necro cinematic. Boy, I'd love to show up at work and shove my head directly up my !@# til 5pm.

Yeah, I wish I had this job too...working at a small/middle-ish crafting company...if we would deliver even one piece of trash like this all of our contracts would be instantly canceled and our company would go bankrupt.

$camming corporates can do what ever the fvck they want nowadays, so I heard...and witnessed...multiple times unfortunatly...

:)
I would say diablo team counts about 10 people to work on Diablo, this is the reason we have to wait so long.
Sanctuary, I would completely agree with the concept of paid DLC in this game if we could actually see our money's worth. Reaper of Souls was a significant improvement upon what D3 was before. And I KNOW people showed Blizzard that with their wallets and cards. What things we got since then, I consider that we PAID for. Not just with our wallets and cards, but also with willingness to put up with the frustration to remain loyal to a franchise we have enjoyed so much. Our reward was them basically telling us that they've been doing !@#$ ALL to improve upon the game or the franchise via supporting a remaster of an old game or something, since the last real content patch we had. Which was.... what, 6+ months ago? Perhaps more? Why do they want to tell me that they want my money now for something we won't see for probably another whole year? Because they need to pay their employees that haven't been doing any visible work? Come on now.
Rewatch the first panel session and you will notice he put some sort of sarcasm during the presentation about D2 800x600 resolution and "no pants" item from Wyatt Cheng, that was to me such a disrespectful way to the original game and to impress the audience. No one was laughing after those "jokes". Tell me D3 Dev team, you laugh on the D2 resolution and what can you do now with high end technology ? "we made D3".
I seriously doubt it takes 6+ Months to add a character into the game. The game is officially in maintenance mode, with small cash grabs.
11/05/2016 12:44 AMPosted by Sanctuary
Any other thoughts on this specific topic?

Think we got well and truly rekt.
When they said, "You're gonna lose your %¤#&" they were right!

But in the wrong way!
11/04/2016 11:06 PMPosted by DTMAce
Well ask yourself honestly. If you were a developer right now, and had to reply to people on this forum, how would you? What would you say? How would you feel? Especially if that developer thought they were trying to do things the right way and it blew up in their face instead?

the problem is they thought they were doing things the right way... by not listening to players of the game and implementing things how they saw fit. instead of working with people they pigeon holed all of us into select builds.

However, if i would have to say anything to the community as a Developer it would be first an apology and start listening to the player base and not trying to put some spin on the idea. (we asked for stash space and got them except through a play wall or now to get two more pay for DLC that we cant buy multiple times for the stashes)... honestly how many threads were on the PTR the last few times about paying for stash rather than earning it through some arbitrary hoops the dev team made..... the Developers SHOULD feel ashamed... DEEPLY ashamed... like WarZ Owner Asshamed...
Why bother wasting that money in buying a necromancer when you can just get Grim Dawn now. Or hell I wouldn't doubt a new Diablo type game will be out by then.

There's no value to me for just a new character where I'll end up bored in a week. Especially when there is other people out making the same game as you Blizzard and they are doing it much much better than you. But hey I understand Stockholders come first then fans.
You're all forgetting there's just that one guy working at D3 development.