[2.4.3] Rabid Strike rework

Monk
"Spirit Spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a distant target for free."

EDIT Feb 2019 - since this thread was started in 2016, the original info was old, and this new edit will one day be old again (please check the DATE on the post compared to today and calculate how many patches ago it was!)
01/03/2017 03:39 AMPosted by Davlok
Rabid Strike Base Mechanics
- Mimicked attack performed by a naked "clone" your your monk under the same epiphany rune as yourself adjacent to a random monster on the screen.
- Mimicked attack casts 6 frames (.1 seconds) after your attack.
- Works with Wave of Light, Lashing Tail Kick, Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm (application), and Seven Sided Strike
- Does not work with the following spenders: Tempest Rush, Dashing Strike (Raiment 6pc), or Sweeping Wind.
- Does not require you to actually teleport to a target to proc. (can force-stand)
- Does not require you to have a target under your cursor to proc. (works with Hand of Ytar & Tzo Kirin)
- Procs of Cyclone Strike: Soothing Breeze does heal the correct amount.

Rabid Strike Damage Mechanics
- Original 2.4.3 Works with: LoN, Inna 6pc, BotT, Zei, Pinto's Pride, Kyoshiro's Blade, Rivera Dancers, Endless Walk, Elemental Damage, Elite Damage, Focus/Restraint, CoE, Scarbringer, Flow of Eternity, Area Damage, and normal Damage Increased by Skills modifiers. Also confirmed that the RS cloned attack is buffed by Bindings of the Lesser Gods and Enforcer damage multipliers.
- Original Patch 2.4.3 = Does -NOT- work with: Sunwuko 6pc, Uliana 4pc, Uliana 6pc, Gyana, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc), Lion's Claw, Fist of Az or Mythic Rhythm.
- FIXED in Patch 2.6.1 = Sunwuko, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc)

Tested on 2.6.4 LIVE While Epiphany is Active with Rabid Strike:
- SWK/LoN WoL/LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~100% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
- Inna Builds will have 11 x 750% bonus 6 pc damage instead of 10 x 750% bonus damage because the Rabid Strike Clone is considered an ADDITIONAL ally (buffing both YOURs and mimicked damage)
- Builds with Level 150 Enforcer Legendary Gem Equipped will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~160% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
- Builds using Bindings of the Lesser Gods will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~300% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs (required targets be hit by Cyclone Strike)

* - Enforcer+BotLG - 1.6 x 3 = mimicked WoL/LTKs doing 4.8x the damage of your WoL/LTKs.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/16527322731?page=25#post-495
Does SSS or Tempest Rush teleport you when Epiphany is active? I don't recall if it does.
there is a rune of SSS that teleports you to an enemy, just cast Ephiphany and SSS the hell up?
11/05/2016 08:34 PMPosted by Khord
Does SSS or Tempest Rush teleport you when Epiphany is active? I don't recall if it does.

TR doesn't, SSS actually does. Not that it could fit into any Uliana build anyways (Lion's Claw, Azz, FoE).

Some of the most fun I've had was before the last Inna rework when Allies cast all our spirit spenders - SSS included! ;D
11/05/2016 04:35 PMPosted by Davlok
Hopefully the extra LTK
Why do you think it will be "extra" LTK? Not just free of cost spender with epi-teleporting?
11/06/2016 02:24 AMPosted by Davlok
11/05/2016 08:34 PMPosted by Khord

TR doesn't, SSS actually does. Not that it could fit into any Uliana build anyways (Lion's Claw, Azz, FoE).

Some of the most fun I've had was before the last Inna rework when Allies cast all our spirit spenders - SSS included! ;D

I was wondering my self how a Pillar Inna build would work if this.

I also was wondering about this new change too, when the developers make a change they normally already have a skill(s) in mind I wonder what they were thinking.
Welcome back Davlok
This could have been a perfect opportunity to bring back mystic allies casting your abilities with this item.
All i know is that i can't wait to try all sorts of combos with that one

EP = meh?

or... it could be insane if works properly with uliana, doubling strikes
11/07/2016 12:46 PMPosted by HolyDiver
All i know is that i can't wait to try all sorts of combos with that one

EP = meh?

or... it could be insane if works properly with uliana, doubling strikes

The problem with EP and Rabid Strike is that the most common EP rune does no damage or bleed, it just has a big explosion, and if it's cast on a "distant target" you might not be able to detonate it before it wears off. If they raise the DoT slightly from all EP runes and made an EP explosion consume all remaining DoT damage then there would be some versatility in what rune of EP gets used. Cold would still be the biggest boom but the other runes just pale in comparison.
Yes, but what if mimicked 7SS will also detonate EPs?
As it technically should, by the way...
The problem I see with combining with Uliana is that you need:

Fist of Az
Lion's Claw
Flow of Eterntiy

and near 100% Epiphany uptime to really make use of it. So even if SSS detonated EPs, you'd be losing out on one of the above and probably hitting targets randomly on the edge of the screen that aren't quite as clumped up.

I did add R6 as a spender to the list, not sure how great that would be either with it's tiny hitbox... I just praying it works with Tzosplosive Light and Hand of Ytar! ^_^
I guess that this one is mostly for zodiac'd WoL build.
I can totally see it working in that case for speeds.

also, could be useful maybe for LTK:hand of Ytar and other runes
PTR is updating, ill add some of my own notes i guess

"Fixed an issue which caused Wave of Light to sometimes fail to deal damage when players were under the effect of Epiphany"

And there it is, holy crap this took time
Wasted a few thousand DBs to craft 3 Rabid Strikes without the affix, so don't get too excited this evening for anything cool -_-

edit: meh... comes from a PTR Bag of loot from RG. http://i.imgur.com/fu5ozxc.jpg
why?
DONT!
revert your account when possible, clear a rift, and get a bag with it

OK, we're screwed. This is super clunky
Bleh... as I feared does not work with either Tzo Kirin or Hand of Ytar. Melee-LTK seems like the best option at the moment. But like all things nice, it looks like Rivera is messing with the ICD of Rabid and Gyana still -_-

Clone spawns when you have Epiphany active and spews out the spender than disappears.
http://i.imgur.com/saNfDkp.jpg
Tested with LTK only, clones ARE NOT PERFORMING LTK 90% of my kicks. they just appear and do nothing.
in 10% case they do just kick WITHOUT GYANA KASHA FIREBALL - USELESS!!!!

And the most annoying - clones do not spawn at all, if you are holding SHIFT for kicking in front without teleporting - does this work as intended?)
11/08/2016 02:24 PMPosted by HolyDiver
"Fixed an issue which caused Wave of Light to sometimes fail to deal damage when players were under the effect of Epiphany"

Can't wait to play Monk in season 5 with these new WoL changes, farming torment 10 in sub 3 minutes is going to be so much easier!