[2.4.3] Rabid Strike rework

Monk
Is Epiphany required to be active to trigger the rabid strike effect?

Is an actual teleport required to trigger the rabid strike effect?
Was able to test, and answers to my questions above are Yes and No, respectively.

As would be expected, the clone's activated skill does not seem to proc anything (tested vs lots of mobs using Mirinae and POTA).

Seems a decent addition to non-Ytar LTK farming and progression, taking the spot of FD, Furnace, or Crystal fist in cube in most cases.

No synergy with WOL progression since Tzo is incompatible.

New question:

Does the clone's attack trigger area dmg? Is this a straight up x2 buff for qualifying skills during Epiphany uptime?
I have a question concerning the new fist and SSS. Do the clone performing SSS set EPs when used with Madstone and trigger them when used with Ulli?

Because then it might pay off to ditch Lions Claw and go broken promise again (just assuming the clone does not add anything to BP).
11/09/2016 06:51 PMPosted by Vox
Was able to test, and answers to my questions above are Yes and No, respectively.

As would be expected, the clone's activated skill does not seem to proc anything (tested vs lots of mobs using Mirinae and POTA).

Seems a decent addition to non-Ytar LTK farming and progression, taking the spot of FD, Furnace, or Crystal fist in cube in most cases.

No synergy with WOL progression since Tzo is incompatible.

New question:

Does the clone's attack trigger area dmg? Is this a straight up x2 buff for qualifying skills during Epiphany uptime?

No to area damage as far as I could tell. Still have to check to see how the extra LTK works with Scarbringer as far as target count. Rapid doesn't work correctly with Rivera IAS so really no point to use it with LTK either IMHO.

11/10/2016 08:33 AMPosted by electrofux
I have a question concerning the new fist and SSS. Do the clone performing SSS set EPs when used with Madstone and trigger them when used with Ulli?

Because then it might pay off to ditch Lions Claw and go broken promise again (just assuming the clone does not add anything to BP).

Rabid just doesn't work with Uliana. You don't have 100% uptime on Epiphany, so anything Rabid replaces = damage loss. BP is still a non-starter for a variety of reasons too long to list, but give it a shot and see if it has any sort of uptime. #PTR

Some gameplay with LoN-LTK:
https://youtu.be/6RW-P2X1tD8
Thanks Davlok.

I played around with Rabidstrike in some LON LTK GR 80s and it was indeed very underwhelming and not something i'd ever use.

Was brainstorming this morning and wondered about a LON SSS spec that does not use EP.

Maybe something with Mystic Rhythm and Assimilation?

Is there enough CDR in LON SSS to run permanent epiphany without Zodiac?

Isn't LON waaay more SSS dps than Uliana?
Inna 6 Uliana 4 has even bigger SSS than LoN SSS. Uli-Inna gets 6x from Inna 6 and 14x from Uliana 4 plus 2x from Flow of Eternity. LoN SSS gets 14x from LoN and 2x from Flow of Eternity and 2x from Lion's Claw.
I'm ashamed to say I didn't realize that's how Uli 4 worked >.<
Hey guys,

sorry that I'm late to the party. Hopefully someone knowledgeable is still following this.

Do you know if the interaction between Rabid + Tzo Krin's was changed/do "distant" WoL-attacks that were cast with a left-click on a mob (so that you'd get teleported if you did not wear Tzo) get the Rabid Strike proc?

Thanks!
it is changed, works with wol and tzo now.and i.think ad is also working on it.
Did some testing with CS / Rabid Strike to max out damage of BotlG.

As far as my tests go, the additional mimic cast of CS won't increase damage of BotlG-ability.

This might be ancient info - can somebody confirm?
Right, just own CS