go play poe

Games & Technology
it's almost impossible to play poe with just the available 4 stash tabs.... don't give me that "oh its possible" bs, you'll hate yourself more and more as you play if you don't buy more stash tabs, we all know it.
What are you talking about YOU CAN PLAY IT JUST FINE you don't need to pay money at all that's what your post stated IT'S NOT FREE.

Like really?
11/04/2016 11:00 PMPosted by t0lkien
Don't get me wrong, it's decent. But D3 combat and itemization beats it soundly for most of us.

lol?

Combat I can agree for the most part. PoE's combat is more satisfying but D3's combat is more fluid.

The itemization part, I'm gonna have to completely disagree.
11/05/2016 01:49 AMPosted by Edesty
11/04/2016 11:00 PMPosted by t0lkien
Don't get me wrong, it's decent. But D3 combat and itemization beats it soundly for most of us.

lol?

Combat I can agree for the most part. PoE's combat is more satisfying but D3's combat is more fluid.

The itemization part, I'm gonna have to completely disagree.

Fluid yes? Objective wise no. No numbers have been show on Diablo's players sure but it's obvious not many people are very happy with the game is going right now especielly when ''NEW content'' is out in like what 6 months? Whos going to wait 6 months before being fed up.
I would love to vote this is the most useless thread for today.
Path of exile doesn't solve anything, neither does Diablo 2. One isn't good enough and the other is a bit old. The same issues plaguing Diablo 3 today will continue to plague this game tomorrow as long as the devs don't want to recognise and fix the core problems and prioritize cosmetics and glittery content updates to satisfy the superficial casual gamer.
itemization beats it soundly for most of us.

itemization in d3 ? mandatory 6p items that lock most of the slots...

4 stats on the items
on every item you want mainstat, vit.. ...yeah cool

itemization is one of the biggest problems in d3 and one of the key strengths of PoE
http://imgur.com/a/JGmE9

to prove my posts earlier in this thread, offtopic poe forum seems to be laughing, well so am i.
most of you cant even tie your own shoes
Yea... no.. PoE haters on Diablo forums are the most braindead they have no clue what they are talking about. I can easily understand if PoE isn't the game for you, it's a very special game and it can be quite brutal to succeed in it. PoE can be very frustrating at times, and hard to get into with lots of things you need to know.

PoE is however leagues and leagues ahead of D3 when it comes to Itemization and characterization and pretty much nearly every single core area of ARPG's. D3 is nothing but a watered down ARPG-wannabe made for those who don't know that blizzard is no longer what they were. No one serious about ARPG's should ever even consider D3 among the greatest ARPG's, it just is not on that level.

PoE is the only game that has ever gone beyond Diablo 2, it is the only "diablo clone" worth playing. For christ sakes there are like 500 unique items already, it is ARPG geekdom big time. ARPG's have always been about building characters and killing monsters over and over to find loot. That is what PoE does a thousand times better than D3.

EDIT: Also for people like the guys above me. Don't even consider trying to play the card that all devs do in PoE is make new microtransactions for dolladolla. PoE has infinitely more development and content being pushed out than D3, going down that path you will only find embarressment for D3.
11/04/2016 10:55 PMPosted by drunkie
this is not helpful. the people expressing what they dislike about the game are what helps the game improve. if everyone just said nothing and left when the game was bad d3 would still be at the stage it launched at. it was thanks to the people voicing their displeasure that the game got any changes done. they love this game series and are trying to help it becomes the games they feel they should be.

Mate, it was a bad game when it was released nearly 5 years ago, people have been making posts trying to improve it for 5 years and its still a bad game. PoE was a good game when it was released 4 years ago and has consistently become a better game ever since.

Half a decade of banging your head against a wall hasnt worked, its not going to work. Go play PoE.
11/04/2016 11:02 PMPosted by Zamus
Problem is PoE has it's own flaws, personally it's too slow and has a mayor desync problem that makes hit and run, especially around corners impossible along with getting killed because some weird rubber band like issue it's not fun.

You realize that game seriously improved unlike D3 and isn't stuck in 2012? Desync doesn't exist in PoE for a year and a half (unless you yourself choose to use old networking mode, which has desync). You're talking about it being slow, but most end-game are faster than D3 and some have speed that is impossible to reach in D3 even with speed farming builds.
11/05/2016 01:35 AMPosted by Aspirine
I would rather stop playing games than to ever touch that pos game ever again.

+1

...let me add to this;

I would rather end my existence from this universe than to ever touch that pos game ever again.

Pretty sure that if there is a heaven and hell, and you go to hell, you'd be playing PoE.
11/04/2016 10:55 PMPosted by drunkie
this is not helpful. the people expressing what they dislike about the game are what helps the game improve. if everyone just said nothing and left when the game was bad d3 would still be at the stage it launched at. it was thanks to the people voicing their displeasure that the game got any changes done. they love this game series and are trying to help it becomes the games they feel they should be.
well at least build diversity was good in vanilla. in my opinion the game was so much better before they put six piece sets in the game. ever since then alot of people have quit because the ARPG elements have pretty much been taking from this game.
11/05/2016 12:30 AMPosted by hucka
whining

+1 for that and I agree. Most of what I see and read on forums is whining and give me this give me that and change this and change that.

11/05/2016 02:31 AMPosted by Kotr
most of you cant even tie your own shoes

lol
11/05/2016 01:44 AMPosted by nihillect
it's almost impossible to play poe with just the available 4 stash tabs.... don't give me that "oh its possible" bs, you'll hate yourself more and more as you play if you don't buy more stash tabs, we all know it.

That's not true, sure you will vendor something that could sell for low amount of chaos, but the truth is - these items should be skipped or vendored to not waste any time, to be efficient.. I had multiple 90+s in poe, to be good you have to be fast, not wasting your time on picking lesser resources. There's always something to farm in the game, no cooldowns, time limits are rare, so your success is your efficiency in speed farming.

Its completely playable with 4 stashtabs but you will have to mule if you plan to have different characters, like in Diablo 2, where everybody mules.

And yes, on high end, regret orbs become cheap, cause some items go for a very high amount of currency. So you can swap a few passives here and there quite frequently for hard encounters, especially true for hardcore where you will lose everything anyway so minmaxing is important

If poe wasn't as laggy and harder to play in a party, party gameplay would completely destroy solo game like in diablo 3, it's not happening, but it could in the future with more changes and more players.
I'm pretty impressed with the number of blizzard shills and white knights still left on the forum. I thought even you guys had given up. Most of the anti-PoE posts in this thread are pure lies and nonsense.

PoE is slow you say? Guess you never played 9 APS shield charge champion, or flicker strike, or voltaxic spark, or any of the other dozens of PoE builds which shred the clear speed of anything D3 could even dream of.

Engine is bad you say? Well guess what, the engine has a lot more to deal with - more effects, more unique numbers to calculate; more skill combinations to account for; more on death and on hit effects; and most importantly useable corpses, all of which add to the strain. All D3 is is point and shoot with a skill + rune. PoE uses multiple skills with 3-5 support modifiers on each one which all change how it runs. D3's engine couldn't come close to handling all that.

Desync you say? Where have you been since 2014 when that junk disappeared? In lockstep you literally cannot get desync, and in predictive it's very minor and only if you have a bad connection.

Better itemization in D3 you say? Lol? The only way I can see D3 being at an advantage is that every item has 3D Art (not all do in PoE).

You don't have to like path but most of the stuff being thrown around in this thread is pure nonsense and fabrication. I'd wager most of the people saying PoE is trash just watched 5 min of gameplay from a stream or played for 3 hours back in 2013.
11/05/2016 01:41 AMPosted by nihillect
poe is not free, every second news article they post on their site is "BRAND NEW MTX, NEW GAMBLING BOX MTX... THE MORE YOU BUY, THE MORE CHANCE RNG WILL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT teeheeheeheee"

and the every other news is "STASH TAB SALE WEEKEND"

yes they do evolve their game, that's great, but they are desperate for cash just like blizzard.

You are so far gone beyond repair it is insane.. PoE is a FREE to play game, meaning you can download, install, and play the game to its full capacity, without ever spending a penny. They offer a very nice store for microtransactions and features that greatly optimize your stash and tabs, in addition to very awesome transmogs you can purchase for your gear, favorite skill gems, spells, pets, and much more.

I've bought three Supporter Pack's in the past few years of playing Path of Exile, just as a way of saying thank you to the awesome Developer's that listen to the community, ask for our advice and feedback on new features, ideas, etc, and then add content based on what the community wants. Can you please tell me the last time Blizzard ever did this?? It's one thing to troll and not know youre actually trolling, but to troll intentionally.. is a very dangerous place to be -_-
I still play POE and D3, basically POE has some content that I like that D3 certainly could take a lesson on. But on the other hand D3 has some content that POE could take a lesson on. Grim Dawn shows some good variations too. Maybe the next up and coming ARPG will raise the bar.

We all have seen the posts, both games are play till 70,
Do maps (bounties) rinse and repeat until sick, trying to squeeze out one more point in some stat to make you .0001% stronger.
11/14/2016 03:06 PMPosted by MeWhenum
Better itemization in D3 you say? Lol? The only way I can see D3 being at an advantage is that every item has 3D Art (not all do in PoE).

Items in D3 do not have unique art at all. Almost all items use EXACTLY the same model, it's different for every class, but every single items has exactly the same model. They just have a different texture. It's especially noticable with Wizard - even full plate armour looks like a usual wizard dress. The only items that have unique 3D art are helmets, shoulders and weapons.