under 45 seconds

General Discussion
Looking for help to beat act2 boss under 45 sec.

It's just purely impossible... I am a bell monk and I've tried both solo and with my WD pet friend but it just didn't work out at all.
What are you? Seasonal, non seasonal, hardcore, seasonal hardcore? Sounds to me that you just need more DPS in your life.
11/14/2016 10:57 AMPosted by Kyosji
What are you? Seasonal, non seasonal, hardcore, seasonal hardcore? Sounds to me that you just need more DPS in your life.

its for the season journey conquest
11/14/2016 10:57 AMPosted by Kyosji

DPS is not the problem....you can't go into this fight with any high DPS character. You need an AoE to kill the snakes fast and a huge single target character to take out belial.

OP switch to a fire build for the AoE and find a S6 DH to help take out belial.
This was mentioned at Blizzcon and they are going to review it. They have tried a few different times internally but realize the community does have some issues with it. It MIGHT get tweaked some.
Its possible to do this bc i have done it. K bell monk isnt gonna work. You a ltk monk for this. Have to go full glass canon and an ue dh to help you with the trash snake spawns. Also the following legendary gems BotT BotP stricken. Kill the elite pack before entering the boss fight for the BotT buff also doesnt hurt to have 1-2 shrine buffs. Good luck
This one requires teamwork, a multishot demon hunter, and then someone with single target dps.
did it with 2 ltk monks, on my virtual machine bot LoN LTK and me on SWK for better dips. Too bad I don't have a video, would've been a very good rage bait for casuals.

If I had a dh or two I would certainly do it with a dh, but this season is a monk season.
Did this on Zwiz in a pick-up group with DH/Monk/Barb.

Thank god it is over. This really needs to be adjusted, especially from the perspective of a wizard!

A nice first step would be letting the playerbase know if changes are coming prior to season end.
We did it on 2nd or 3rd try last night when we finally decided to finish the journey (could've done it week or so ago easily, but didn't focus on that at all)

Pet WD, LoN LTK monk and me on CDR EQ Fire MoTE (perma leap)

Bare with me though, we are circa 1k para, gems in 90's, well coordinated (we play together every day and always with voice communication) and still it took us light tweaking to get it. Same combination gave us t13 under 4 clear on first try, also last night, but looking on couple of those achievements from my perspective (fairly consistent player that plays quite a bit), these things are really not casual friendly. A lot of players are solo only, a lot of them play 5-10 hours a week, and the two that I've mentioned are a bit difficult to do for such. On the other hand, those are not required for Stash Tab, so there is a bright side to it.

Belial fight is not difficult at all, even at 500 paragon, is the cutscenes and snakes that make it difficult. Which is actually causing most of the aggravation, because nothing is more annoying than a fact that as a player you have no influence on those things and there is nothing you can do in terms of your own skill/gear/build to make it better.

Have fun out there (we certainly do!)
I've read that some people actually soloed it, I'm very curious to what class they did it on(dh)? I tried it a few times on my barb but just gave up. I'm sure if all the moons align and you have a bunch of buffs and what not you could possibly do it but I agree It's way too hard. It should be soloable by all classes within reason - and that's where the problem lies right now. It's not within reason.
Solo'd it as a impale demon hunter. i have absolutely no idea how anyone else can do it , i beat it by 1 second with a perfect line up of COE hitting for billions of damage. this requirement is absolutely ridiculous. probably the dumbest one they put in the game so far
OP, I did it solo using SWK LTK FnR build under paragon 700 (could have been lower as I was testing different set-ups).

Posted how I did it here:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752135969
11/14/2016 04:55 PMPosted by snike
I've read that some people actually soloed it, I'm very curious to what class they did it on(dh)?

Yes, DH. From what I've read, it's the only class that can solo it with relative ease.

I've soloed it with an UE DH. I was something like paragon 650 at the time, half ancient equipment, no Caldesann augment yet, and level 65ish gems. I did it without any shrine buff, but they sure may help, especially if you have access to the cow level and the Gloves of Worship to stack them all. I think the most important part is to properly time the rotation of the CotE buff, so that you do triple damage during the final part of the fight (I personnaly got lucky on that one, but there must be a way to control it). Oh, and apparently Belial last form is immune to slow effects, so BotT, Cull the Weak and Thrill of the hunt are useless against him and should be replaced for this fight.
I solo'ed it as UE DH. Its not too difficult.

Biggest tip is to manually skip Belial's dialog (usually bound to space bar) and swap out all slow effects/procs.
This is easy to do with HT Garg WD w/ 50% Ancients @ 70 lvl augments.

Belial goes down fast solo!
11/14/2016 01:08 PMPosted by MissCheetah
This was mentioned at Blizzcon and they are going to review it. They have tried a few different times internally but realize the community does have some issues with it. It MIGHT get tweaked some.

Any idea what they might review? Would they look at extending the timer? Or potentially changing when the timer starts?

They could potentially start the timer when the snakes are done (and maybe reduce the time to 20sec) which would require a single target DPS build.

But if they wanted people to have a single target and AOE build, just bumping the timer to 60secs should be enough for at least one build in each class to complete. It would still be a challenge but doable.
11/14/2016 01:58 PMPosted by NicFree
Also the following legendary gems BotT BotP stricken.
BotT doesn't work vs Belial.
Also, BotS requires a little bit of time to ramp up.

Don't use BotT and instead use another gem like Zei's. You won't max out full range on it, but it's vastly better than BotT which does absolutely nothing.
I thought this was being working out in the PTR?

Luckily I got a group and we somehow nuked it.
I did it solo with an LTK monk on hardcore, even without F+R. Gear was half ancient, but not augmented. It is absolutely essential to time CoE right. I also used an empowered shrine. So it's definitely possible.

However I think that LTK monk and UE/Impale DHs are the only specs that can do it solo. And that's the problem about it. I rerolled from WD this season just for this.