Can we do something with gold?

General Discussion
I have billions of gold. What is the point of this currency? It is essentially useless after about an hour of playing a new season. Can you give us a reason to care about it?
Well, the only point is for huge amounts of re-rolls/minimal repairs and maybe crafting if people are still on that, along with combining gems. That's pretty much it though
11/14/2016 05:51 PMPosted by Toramas
I have billions of gold. What is the point of this currency? It is essentially useless after about an hour of playing a new season. Can you give us a reason to care about it?

Empower your Greater Rift runs. You will eventually run out of gold :P.
um...HOW do you get so much gold, playing solo I have just recently tried Torment 2 with a monk, not only do I NOT have a lot of gold, I keep haiving to repair as the monk (at least my current build/gear) completely sucks, I have gotten to about 2 million gold and between repairs and trying to roll a socket on a weapon etc, I am broke. exactly what hack are you using to become a "billionaire"??
Gold vault. - Regular rifts - Torment 10+ = Lots of gold and only 1 real way to spend it.
Try empowering high GR, it will put a dent in your gold hoard.
haven't seen a puzzle ring yet!! and only had one goblin open a portal, early on wasn't even 60 yet. torment 2 is almost beyond my current build/gear ability, spending all cash on repairs, and that is regular rifts and/or anything in conquest mode getting my backside handed to me frequently
11/14/2016 05:51 PMPosted by Toramas

I have never gotten to 1 billion ever.
11/14/2016 06:38 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Try empowering high GR, it will put a dent in your gold hoard.
word
Nowadays gold is pretty much infinite in non-season. I remember the time when empowering the rift might cost 300 M. Then I literally run out of cash. That was also when Gold Baron was not useless in non-season (it gave like 90 Millions).
I spent about 4.5 billion on empowering for my caldesan gems.

Gold isn't totally useless....of the 13 gems I leveled every third rift I completed is essentially a GR key....so just for my 100% upgrades....

13 gems to level 60 is 780 upgrades

At non empowered that is 260 grifts
With empowered that was only 195 grifts

That gold saved me a lot of time.
Have to admit, for the longest time I never had collected a billion gold myself. But then the RoS and addition of rifts, etc with the Boon of the Hoarder gem getting added to the game with the Vault, suddenly I was awash with gold. Sitting on around 20B at the moment. I know that isn't much compared to many players either.

Biggest thing is to push as high a difficulty that still allows you to kill an average elite pack in under 10 seconds. Or a Goblin. If you can find that balance point, you will farm efficiently enough to collect plenty of gold, providing you have the boon of the hoarder gem. You can get that from:

Vault. Access by cubing a puzzle ring or killing a goblin.

Greater Rifts.

Level that gem as high as you can, and wear it while farming normal game areas. Its useless in Greater rifts of course.

Make sure to equip some sort of pet to help you collect gold.

Profit!

Game on.
I have 121b gold in NS.... over 2k grift keys.. all accumlated over time... trial keys gave me most of those grift keys.
I have 16 puzzle rings sitting in my stash for when my 1 B gold runs out. I did have 2 B, but blew 1B on rerolls and grift empowering.

Each puzzle ring = 100 mil gold on T13 I believe, can anyone post the numbers?
empowered my gems, there huge now
11/14/2016 06:44 PMPosted by Valkii
spending all cash on repairs,
Seriously?
BTW - change your Seven Sided Strike rune to Sustained Attack. You'll be much happier.
A week after a new season, I'm still desperately need money, spending a lot in combining gemstone and empowering GR.
yes
give a cut to blizzard