D1 Tristram Adventure on PTR

Hardcore
Just completed the D1 event on the ptr, it's pretty cool. Very much true to the original feel of d1. You get a special reward at the end if you make a lvl 1 character and complete it with him/her, though I'm curious what others thoughts are on that.
My thoughts? It's not worth wasting your time on. Except maybe for the legendary gem.

After getting that, it isn't worth it.
You don't have to use a level 1 character either - I used my leapquake barb copied over and got the gem too... Its neat - just for Nostalgia purposes - don't see why so many people are complaining really.. Yea the D3 maps were kind of bland but hey it was a neat little idea to do...
I was thinking of giving it a go until I found out I haven't installed the PTR client on my new laptop. Not going to bother. Maybe I can wait it out for next year in January.
I suggest everyone stocks up on a few of those gems in case they become desired later on. Cause this is only available once a year and this is hardcore. Would suck losing the gem only to realize you can't replace it till next year.
11/12/2016 05:23 AMPosted by Pzypro
I suggest everyone stocks up on a few of those gems in case they become desired later on. Cause this is only available once a year and this is hardcore. Would suck losing the gem only to realize you can't replace it till next year.

Dang, I didn't even think about that.

The bonus on it seems really weird though, right?
What is the Gem?
11/14/2016 12:52 AMPosted by Galadorn
What is the Gem?
The gem seems like garbage.

Periodically struggle for control, unleashing a ring of fire that deals Fire damage (4500% at Rank 25) to enemies it passes through. (the struggle for control causes your character to be stunned which is always active and can trigger anytime in town, TP to town etc)

After gaining a Character Level or Paragon Level, the character has their resource costs and cooldowns of all skills reduced by 75% for 15 seconds. (Requires Rank 25)

I also think its a helm only gem.

As for the dungeon itself, I checked a youtube vid on it. Looks like a 16 level greater rift and doesn't look like much of a labyrinth since it has direct paths - point A > point B (including a lot of mobs that looks exactly the same as d3 mobs with a few reskins thrown in for good measure). Don't think i'll waste bandwidth on downloading the PTR.
The only good thing about the even is the font used for item drops, wish they bring back the unique style of item drops in the game, not just generic font they use now.

Otherwise from what I watched on YouTube this is another flop from this dev team, complete failure.
11/15/2016 02:19 PMPosted by silentkiller
The only good thing about the even is the font used for item drops, wish they bring back the unique style of item drops in the game, not just generic font they use now.

Otherwise from what I watched on YouTube this is another flop from this dev team, complete failure.

Whats up mofo?

I thought it was fun fwiw.
11/15/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Endeavor
Whats up mofo?

Watched a clip of someone that did a Lut Gholein in 3D with the soundtrack from Tristram D2 and felt nostalgic, then figured I'd watch the Anniversary thing and felt once more disappointed :)

Otherwise still clicking Dota2 in ranked and trying to climb the ladder there and occasionally CS:GO, I don't see myself returning to Diablo 3 in it's current form even with Necromancer on the horizon, it will be the same old !@#$ in a new package.

Not a whole lot of time to play games anymore, the golden days of D3 and gaming are over :)
^^ Totally. Glad to see more people agree on the current loot system issue. It simply can't be fixed with a new class / reworked sets / new builds. The problem is in the core logic.

Make a very deep loot pool with more randomization and ppl will still complain but at least they will have to build around the gear they find as opposed to cloning the meta and just grinding para/gems. Loot 1.0 was brutal but without AH it actually made more sense to me. I still miss it. I would pay Blizz another 100$ just to get it back. Not seeing upgrades in weeks is still way more fun for me than having all friends rolling the same builds with identical items. "Oh so you got an ancient witching hour? Guess I'll get the exact same roll today or tomorrow!"

Blizz figured it out long time ago. They don't need hardcore players, they don't need veterans. All they need is for an average joe to come back for another week when they offer a new class, expansion, etc. You succumb to the hype with the rest of the herd, buy the expansion, get some more transmogs, wings and pets... done! They don't need you anymore.