Any way to uninstall RoS so that I can play vanilla D3?

General Discussion
11/08/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Meteorblade
If you want the true vanilla D3 experience this can be easily re-created. For every five minutes you spend in game, fire up Excel and look at a spread sheet for two hours whilst pretending it's the AH. Do not equip anything higher than yellows for a couple of months. Repeat.

This!

I hit a wall in act2 inferno. Got real sick of playing stock market daytrader/breaking pots for gold. Quit until sometime after RoS came out and I heard the AH was shut down.

While this current version of the game has issues with power creep. The vanilla version wasn't much fun at high level either. Back before Loot 2.0 you couldn't just play the game and expect to get usable upgrades. The better gear was gated behind the higher difficulty levels which you couldn't reach without better gear. The gear you could farm had such a tiny chance of ever dropping with usable stats you were forced to use the auction house to progress.
11/07/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Prology
11/07/2017 12:53 PMPosted by DeckardCain
but why ?

I'm not the OP, i like RoS for the record. keep your down votes.
Ver 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 were extremely difficult once you hit inferno and Act 2 and above. It was VERY challenging - unlike ANYTHING in this game now. Players used blues (no joke) and Bosses had enrage timers.

Did you ever play it? Not judging, just asking. I believe that's what the OP is asking for. Not a complete replacement for this current game, just a chance to go back after 4 more years of D3 experience and training and see if its the same or feels easier with his 4 more years of knowledge.

I have to admit, if there were a way for me to boot up a session of 1.0.3 I would probably play a good 20-30 hours trying to beat inferno. Something I never could do on my own before, Act 3 inferno was my limit back then, but i play much more now and know a ton more.

Want challenge?

Use yellows and legendaries without affixes only. Dont use legendary gems. Dont reroll or augument gear. No paragon points.

There's your challenge. You are welcome.
I would be nice if they had offline version and you could install some of the old versions on it .)
11/12/2016 05:14 AMPosted by Leisa
I know this is a weird request, but I'm intrigued of playing the original D3 PC without the expansion. I don't mind starting all over. Any way I can do that?
Buy a NEW copy of D3 without buying ROS simple as that
11/09/2017 08:41 AMPosted by shadowsrmine

No, that won't work. There is no such thing as D3 Vanilla anymore. There is only one version of the software and it has all the changes in it. It is impossible to play the old version on the PC, even without RoS.
11/09/2017 09:14 AMPosted by MissCheetah
11/09/2017 08:41 AMPosted by shadowsrmine

No, that won't work. There is no such thing as D3 Vanilla anymore. There is only one version of the software and it has all the changes in it. It is impossible to play the old version on the PC, even without RoS.
Perhaps you didn't notice I never upgraded to RoS? And it plays close enough for me :-/ I even take out my toons and play them once in a while but mostly I just read these forums and get more entertainment than playing the game
11/09/2017 11:38 AMPosted by shadowsrmine
Perhaps you didn't notice I never upgraded to RoS? And it plays close enough for me :-/

If you don't want the original difficulty system, gear drop system, AHs, etc. The current version of Campaign mode is nothing like Vanilla. But hey, if that still makes you happy that is cool.
qqweqweqweqweqweqweqweqweqweqweqweqwe
11/12/2016 06:00 AMPosted by Orrion
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yeah but vanilla D3 don't have all that 6 piece class sets like Raiment and Firebird right? I just want to take a break from all that. Now I do know about console version of D3, but I like playing with mouse+keyboard more. Do you know what patch version is the vanilla D3 is sitting on right now?

D3 has level 60 versions of at least the sets that were around before the expansion.

You have 2 options that'll get you the closest you can on the PC:

1) Uninstall everything, install D3 only.

2) Buy a new license copy of D3, install that.
But bought the digital copy. It shows that I bought it and when, but no download now only RoS shows as available since I bought that. I started a close to identical thread just a bit ago, for that very reason.
11/09/2017 05:30 PMPosted by JacksonSlade
But bought the digital copy. It shows that I bought it and when, but no download now only RoS shows as available since I bought that. I started a close to identical thread just a bit ago, for that very reason.

If you read the rest of this thread you will see that person was wrong. You can NOT install just D3 Vanilla and play the old version of Campaign. You have to play the most current patch. That is the only option available. If you don't have RoS or Necro then that content will be locked, but you will still have the whole current game on your PC. The version of Campaign available will be the one with all the current changes. You can't go back on the PC, ever.
11/10/2017 07:17 AMPosted by MissCheetah
11/09/2017 05:30 PMPosted by JacksonSlade

If you read the rest of this thread you will see that person was wrong. You can NOT install just D3 Vanilla and play the old version of Campaign. You have to play the most current patch. That is the only option available. If you don't have RoS or Necro then that content will be locked, but you will still have the whole current game on your PC. The version of Campaign available will be the one with all the current changes. You can't go back on the PC, ever.
Well if you read my thread you'll see that I indeed found the information I was seeking right here by your post. So with your same exact condescending sarcastic tone, I'll say "Thanks a million sport, just what I needed to know"