Kripp about D1 ''Rift''

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Well said sir, well said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB6595M5Mes&t=0s

And if someone wants to cry about ''stop it, leave blizz alone, go back to PoE''

I was that guy who was always protecting Blizz from GD/PoE fanboyz. Telling them that Blizz will do something special on Blizzcon, that D3 will return, and wont be getting same content each season. Well, rip that. Rip my love for D3 dev team. Rip everything, heart broken.
Highly Rated
Oh cool he made a rant video.

The TLDR of it, per my time spent watching the stream for a little bit, was that it's "just a rift" and "very disappointing".

I did test it on PTR for a bit and I fully agree; why did they waste time on this? I didn't want D3 with a nauseating perspective, pixelated filter, slower movement and D1 sounds. I expected D1 recreated in D3.
I hate to break this to you, but Kripp stopped being a somewhat relevant person 3 years ago. Not that he isn't a decent eSports caster for Hearthstone, but he is a very jaded gamer, who shouldn't be taken very seriously..ever..

Do you enjoy the game?

If yes, keep playing and have a good time. To hell with what anyone else says.

If no, then go play PoE, or whatever. I'd recommend GD, though. That game is alot of fun. TL2 is also great.
Nice! Nice.. he is right. This game..wtf happening...
Like him or hate him, know him or not. He is spot on.
Well said !

Kripp at 2:28 : They spent a lot of time to developing this CRap :D :D :D :D XDXDXD .die

8:20 : Few items what they added into the game through in this adventure are all complete Sh!t and completly useless XD

Just D3 things...get used to it :D...
as much as i hate Krip he kept it honest and its so honestly its disheartening
Thousand people say this whole thing is garbage yet some irrelevant twit makes a video and you create a thread about it.
/logic
kripp is right whoever still think this game is fun and good must be retarded as fuk

might as well apply to be the d3 dev team if u think this game is good it is pure garbage !
I mean, we all !@#$ing agree with him, but Blizzard is still refusing to communicate/listen to its fanbase.

It's ALL on them. They have dropped the ball so hard.
I literally cringed through the whole part where he shows the D1 level

IT'S A RIFT WITH WORSE GRAPHICS AND WORSE GAMEPLAY, AND CAN ONLY BE PLAYED IN A MONTH ONCE A YEAR.

Is this the content we receive for the 20 ANNIVERSARY?!

These guys can't be serious...
11/11/2016 04:49 PMPosted by Hex
I literally cringed through the whole part where he shows the D1 level

IT'S A RIFT WITH WORSE GRAPHICS AND WORSE GAMEPLAY, AND CAN ONLY BE PLAYED IN A MONTH ONCE A YEAR.

Is this the content we receive for the 20 ANNIVERSARY?!

These guys can't be serious...

u forgot about the trash useless gem...whoever make this retarded gem should be ban from even designing any!@#$
11/11/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Blend
Well said sir, well said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB6595M5Mes&t=0s

And if someone wants to cry about ''stop it, leave blizz alone, go back to PoE''

I was that guy who was always protecting Blizz from GD/PoE fanboyz. Telling them that Blizz will do something special on Blizzcon, that D3 will return, and wont be getting same content each season. Well, rip that. Rip my love for D3 dev team. Rip everything, heart broken.

Well the comparison of Diablo, PoE and whatever is Kindergarten anyways.All ARPGS got their Pro's and Contra's..But the current Version of Diablo 3 is a thing for itself.
11/11/2016 03:20 PMPosted by Öne
I hate to break this to you, but Kripp stopped being a somewhat relevant person 3 years ago. Not that he isn't a decent eSports caster for Hearthstone, but he is a very jaded gamer, who shouldn't be taken very seriously..ever..

Who cares if he's relevant? He (or anyone else, for that matter) doesn't need to be relevant or even popular to make a point. What you're doing is just a lame ad hominem attack because you can't even counter the argument he put forward. Attack the argument, not the person. If you can, that is. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but I can recognize when someone's spot on, regardless of my opinion of the person.

He's completely right. D3 has had a very rough time keeping it's playerbase engaged for a very long time, and wasting development time in such a lackluster event when there are so many critical flaws to address is completely disappointing. I get they were trying to make a quirky throwback event, but why not instead capitalize on that idea and make it something truly relevant within the whole picture? Hell, people have been clamoring for more endgame options than GR ad-nauseum. They could've done something great with this idea, yet settled for a very mediocre representation of the first game that happens to be limited for the stupidest reason they could've come up with.

For those not familiar with that reason, they claimed this was a timed event because if you had it always it wouldn't be that special. Thing is, it's already not special at all. A graphics filter and a music replacement isn't going to make it special past a quick first impression. Krip is right: it's just a predefined rift. It's exactly how I felt since I first stepped into the dungeon. Even a standard rift is more fun, because I haven't experienced so many empty rooms in a long time. Boss reskins are cool and all, but that's pretty much all there is to see in this thing. Honestly, the only thing that truly kept me going was the awesome soundtrack, which you can already play in the background if you turn off the ingame music, so nothing really special going on here.

Now, I wouldn't mind this type of even if the game was actually in a decent state, but it sadly isn't. It could've been better to dedicate those resources towards the necromancer class to release the thing earlier than late 2017. Bad management, really.
Kripp made some good points, this "thing" actually took
time to make.
Why they made it like they did, makes my head spin.
It could of been great, if done right.
11/11/2016 04:17 PMPosted by Gameo
Thousand people say this whole thing is garbage yet some irrelevant twit makes a video and you create a thread about it.
/logic

worth a thread to me
Imagine if they spent that effort in getting Diablo 1 to work on modern systems instead of a silly little rift that shows up once a year. We could all be playing the original without issues or hacks.