This game is dead

General Discussion
I haven't played this game since last year. Decided to come back. Couldnt play for more than 5 seconds before getting disconnected. This was the same reason i stopped playing more than 1 year ago. The same reason lots of people can't play since launch, in 2012. 4 years and a half. And this company still couldn't fix this and many other problems.

To all the buffoons willing to buy a new class, you're part of the reason this game is still garbage. Bottom line is, this game is dead, not even blizzard gives a fk about it anymore and are trying to milk the franchise to the very end with a new "expansion" before shutting it down completely. By the end of 2017, they will probably officially shut it down. But to all you who are fed up with the BS this company gives and love the Diablo saga, i suggest Path of Exile. What an amazing game, it's what D3 should have been. And it's free, just to show how much of a !@#$ty job Blizzard has done with this game and their costumers.

RIP DIABLO
If you get kicked off now, same you did 1 year ago...and most of the player base does not have that issue...what exactly should Blizzard fix?
11/14/2016 10:50 AMPosted by Shanso
If you get kicked off now, same you did 1 year ago...and most of the player base does not have that issue...what exactly should Blizzard fix?

this

maybe it's on your end OP, thought about that? w00t.

most playerbase left in vanilla

Because it's not "most of the player base" not having the issue. It's almost half the community. Just see how many players are still playing this game.
And second, nothing changed on my end. Absolutely nothing. I just started getting that out of the blue and to this day its not fixed. Its not on my end. This error is happening to people since launch day in 2012.
11/14/2016 10:54 AMPosted by Ekliptik

Because it's not "most of the player base" not having the issue. It's almost half the community. Just see how many players are still playing this game.
And second, nothing changed on my end. Absolutely nothing. I just started getting that out of the blue and to this day its not fixed. Its not on my end. This error is happening to people since launch day in 2012.
I know nothing changed on your end, that's why you still get kicked!

It's also impossible to know how many players are still in D3 regularly. Forums are hardly a gauge. Only Blizzard can tell.

But to be honest, we should have an offline mode in D3, same as D1 and D2. it would resolve your issue...and mine. I couldn't care less how many people play with offline mode.
11/14/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Shanso

I know nothing changed on your end, that's why you still get kicked!

It's also impossible to know how many players are still in D3 regularly. Forums are hardly a gauge. Only Blizzard can tell.

But to be honest, we should have an offline mode in D3, same as D1 and D2. it would resolve your issue...and mine. I couldn't care less how many people play with offline mode.

I meant nothing changed on my end from when i could play with no interruptions to when i cannot stay in game for more than 5 seconds. I agree it should have an offline mode though. But that would only mean a minor improvement over an myriad of other issues with the game, but those are my personal views. Forums are hardly a gauge indeed, but they ARE a way to tell how many people are playing a game or not. I'm not taking into account only Blizz forum, cause if i did, i would probably say there are even less people playing.
D2 Ladder reset on the 22nd I'll be there. D3 is soo arcade based blahhhh. I rather play a real ARPG then the who can get to the top of the GR mountain game.
Been playing this game since Day 1 ....... rarely have DCs unless it is either comcast having issues or DDOS attacks on their servers.

I pretty much play exclusive HC mode now and no issues. I keep a ping ~50ms or less 90%+ of the time.

Seems like your connection issues are more on your end than on blizz end. DCs (especially like you say you launch and within <1min DC) just don't happen to us playing. If that was the case nobody would be playing.

Suggest you check out your setup/system/network before just blaming blizzard.

I play WoW, D3, Hearthstone and the occasional HoTS Blizzard games and dont' have connectivity problems with any of them.

Thx for the salty tears though :)

oh... and BTW dunno what you mean by "end of 2017 officially shutdown". Seems you can still play D1 and D2 is still running.... so I would venture at least an educated guess they would shut down D2 before D3 based on timelines... Seems if they launch a Necro in 2017 that doesn't indicate to me they would release something and then shut it down. :)
get a new PC or simply use Windows XP....

after initial vanilla lag/disconnects the first 6 months, never disconnected using Windows XP, not EVEN ONCE. NEVER.

Really? Half the community? Where are your statistics for this? Why is this the first I've heard of this? Why hasn't there been multiple sources online showing what you're describing? Why haven't the game journalists been crucifying the game because of such a reason that half the community is having?

Some people really need to learn to step back, read what they write, then think to themselves "Does this make me look stupid?"

Here's the fact. Your issue seems to be very minimal and has had very little exposure to the extremes you mentioned. You're currently just pissed that you're still having this issue and are demanding a massive fix by Blizzard for your soul issue. The problem is, Blizzard won't fix this because it's not an issue that has had enough reports to warrant them to do anything about it.

Now, going by what you said at the end. Nothing has changed on your end. That should be a clear sign that the issue IS on your side. Also, if you've been having such issues, why haven't you done any basic troubleshooting on your end to see if you SHOULD change something on your end. Your modem may be blocking something or not producing a secure connection. Your router may be set up wrong, not working correctly, or possibly blocking ports. Your computers firewall may have something blocking required ports for it to run correctly. Your system could have malware causing connection issues and/or blocking/using required ports.

There are countless reasons why you may be disconnected, but saying you haven't changed anything to try to correct the connection issues isn't going to make you look like the the cleanest fork in the drawer.
11/14/2016 11:58 AMPosted by dogma420

after initial vanilla lag/disconnects the first 6 months, never disconnected using Windows XP, not EVEN ONCE. NEVER.

Maybe not the best suggestion to tell him to downgrade to an OS that is no longer supported by Microsoft and is no longer a secure OS.
Seasons became dead after solo T13 What the F are these Dev,s
thinking? I for one have had it with this crap. Gone back to D2 :)
dunno retune legendaries that had real bonus to builds over if you don't have 6 set bonus gear you can't do anything good.
Honestly I still play both. I have been playing D2 for ~15 years. It's not bad, but after 15 years, you're basically just logging in to keep your accounts active. It's not fast passed enough for me anymore, and the game still has latency issues with high particles. It's just a lazy day at the office type of game to me now. Diablo 3 is easier for me to just pop in and out of. I also like the story a bit more.
Sorry man, I know you wanna blame Blizzard, but this is on you. Or at least, it's not anything blizzard can fix solely.
11/14/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Kyosji
11/14/2016 11:58 AMPosted by dogma420

Maybe not the best suggestion to tell him to downgrade to an OS that is no longer supported by Microsoft and is no longer a secure OS.
Well...it's never really been a secure OS. But I agree, people have a hard time moving on. Diablo seems to have that issue, too.
Disconnects (in any game) are usually a problem on the users end. If it were a server issue, then everybody would have the same problem without exception.

Get a better internet connection. Reset or replace your router. Get a better computer. Stop trying to watch Netflix, listen to pandora, download !@#$ and play d3 at the same time. There are hundreds of reasons you can get disco'd. Try some troubleshooting before %^-*!ing and moaning about it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

based on the op's issue, using XP is a good suggestion, as long as you don't use it for anything else.

of course this XP OS system I have is just used for D3, nothing more.

this system could be built or purchased for super cheap, like $150 at the most. That's a 3.0 ghz system with 4 gb of ram and 2 1tb sata hard drives.