Infinite scaling not quite there yet

General Discussion
I'm not good with writing wall of text so... right into it.

What do you have:
1) Infinite Para
2) Infinite lvl Gems (most of them)
3) Infinite GR

And yet at some point in GR you face a wall. It forces you to wait for more damage buff. So what is missing?

I believe it's number 4) Infinite Item lvl Up.

What will it bring to the table:
1) No more waiting for damage buff.
2) No more End Game not viable Items (and builds).

Leaderboards:
It's a lot of grind and will reward those who spent more time (It's the same now as well, so....). We know that Bots are not going away, so LB needs to be redesigned for it.

Thoughts?
11/13/2016 08:41 AMPosted by igor10

What do you have:
1) Infinite Para
3) Infinite GR

And yet at some point in GR you face a wall. It forces you to wait for more damage buff. So what is missing?

Leaderboards:
It's a lot of grind and will reward those who spent more time (It's the same now as well, so....). We know that Bots are not going away, so LB needs to be redesigned for it.

Thoughts?

Actually the fact that they keep increasing the power of the items and scaling up the difficulty is that there is no ceiling. While this has the benefit of providing an artificial end game, it in itself can be boring too.
You level up to level up, to level up again. Basically you end up chasing your tail endlessly.

Someone else mentioned bumping the levels from 70 to 80. Rewarding with new gear, (which of course makes all old gear instantly obsolete), but gives you more power. So yeah, suddenly T13 would feel like T4, and people would be doing GR150 or something. Then what?

We are back to the same point.

There needs to be other ways to challenge us besides endless rifts. Probably why Challenge Rifts are coming next year. A different way to challenge players, creates an interesting competition, and should be healthy for the game. Time will tell.

But I think inflating more numbers is not the answer. We have been down that road awhile now. Just my opinion.

Game on.
I agree with you on the most part. Without some explanation it's not really working and that's why you seemed to miss my point. I will do my best to explain:

I'm trying to understand the Devs that keep taking D3 in the direction they do and those who support such direction. With the suggestion I didn't try to give you a new End Game. Instead I tried to improve the only one we have, GR. For the casual player it won't change the gameplay experience much, but for the ones that like to stick around for more than a few days in D3 it gives something to chew on.

11/13/2016 08:49 AMPosted by DTMAce
Actually the fact that they keep increasing the power of the items and scaling up the difficulty is that there is no ceiling.

That's the point. No ceiling and yet you hit one. Then you're in the mercy of Devs to upgrade your items for you in a later patch. I want to eliminate such behavior.
In an infinite scaling the only mercy you need to be in is your own.
11/13/2016 08:41 AMPosted by igor10

What do you have:
1) Infinite Para
3) Infinite GR

Leaderboards:

Thoughts?

Lol then this game will be even more screwed!

What we need is balance and trading. Dont need infinite dificulty. We need a ceiling. After that we need constant content