Please make Darkening of Tristram Permanent

General Discussion
Title says it all. The fact that D3 is starving for new content and the new content we get is given an "annual" based dungeon update is a slap to the face imo, especially to those of us who liked D1 and wanted something relating to that era in here (I know I'm not alone in wanting a D1 remake in some form, and this will probly be as close to that as we will ever get).

So lets try and get this to get added to the game as permanent content, shall we?

[Title updated to something more appropriate, we do not allow petitions - Forum Moderator]
I wouldn't go so far as to say make it permanent lest everyone cries, but personally, I want the vision that it toggles to be a permanent option.
http://www.ask8ball.net/

Asked if this petition thread would be deleted by damage control

Almighty 8 ball replied with:
All signs point to yes
11/13/2016 07:32 PMPosted by SonicXero
I wouldn't go so far as to say make it permanent lest everyone cries, but personally, I want the vision that it toggles to be a permanent option.

well i think the option to access the level whenever you want would be a good idea to have, not so much the aftermath. Maybe give that a temporary effect
You can play all you want now. By the time it goes live in January you won't want to do it any more.

You have like 3 months to go crazy with it.
11/13/2016 07:36 PMPosted by SimpleDave
You can play all you want now. By the time it goes live in January you won't want to do it any more.

You have like 3 months to go crazy with it.

Having the option to play it whenever is the whole point dude....
As much as I applaud the idea of having it permanent, I really don't think it will be necessary.

It is meant to be a nostalgic throwback to the original game. Once you have played it a few times, you will be bored of it. This way, your replay value of it will be higher, as you will look forward to the "event" every year. This will be the second such event to be added to the game. March is already dedicated to the Kanai event now that was added in honor of a member of the Blizzard team that passed away the previous year as described here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20058187
if they have new events every month im ok with that, but when is the last time we have had a community event at all?
11/13/2016 07:57 PMPosted by StrangeDuck
if they have new events every month im ok with that, but when is the last time we have had a community event at all?

They discontinued the community "buff" events. The last one was done as an apology for having cosmetics in the game to search for but no one could find them as they were bugged and not in the game. (Graw the Herald that dropped the Harvest Pennant was one)

The reason was said to be because those events would be for say a weekend, and not everyone would get to take advantage of them, so some players felt left out. Rather than run them more often or different ones, they removed them completely.

They might return someday, who knows.

Game on.
lol i cant believe u retards want to make this garbage d1 crap permanently in the d3 trash game unreal!
NO, remove this garbage from the game
Yes please make it permanent. Got my vote.

Word of caution, people like us, who like this game seem highly outnumbered lately by people who just bash everything. So we are probably going to be drowned out by all the haters.
11/13/2016 08:38 PMPosted by Midnight
Yes please make it permanent. Got my vote.

Word of caution, people like us, who like this game seem highly outnumbered lately by people who just bash everything. So we are probably going to be drowned out by all the haters.

yeah this place seems like America during the election, stupid people in large numbers. made me remember why I haven't enjoyed the Blizzard community in this new era lol
If they make the event meaningful, some kind of endgame then yes, i would like it permanent, right now it is nothing more than a large normal rift.
What's the point of making it permanent when the couple of thousand or so active players left will try it once, be completely underwhelmed then ignore it afterwards?
Yea. Make it permanent. And have monthly events like Marvel Heroes. And let have holiday celebrations. We can start with this Christmas!
Do you really think you will play that garbage for more than a week? I don't think so.

We need monthly, weekly and constant rotating events that increase the content of the game and give something different to do instead of rifts and bounties.

Players will play that garbage just to get the pet and be done with it.
11/13/2016 08:18 PMPosted by DTMAce
11/13/2016 07:57 PMPosted by StrangeDuck

They discontinued the community "buff" events. The last one was done as an apology for having cosmetics in the game to search for but no one could find them as they were bugged and not in the game. (Graw the Herald that dropped the Harvest Pennant was one)

The reason was said to be because those events would be for say a weekend, and not everyone would get to take advantage of them, so some players felt left out. Rather than run them more often or different ones, they removed them completely.

They might return someday, who knows.

Game on.

It would be fun to have a week long rotation of special events. They do not even need to be hand me downs either.

You could have a week where every guardian spawn is actually two guardians, meaning more challenge but more loot.

You could have it give all monsters that week fire immunity forcing you to play new builds, but as a reward dropping a really cool transmog that makes you look like you are on fire.

IDK, just really random things that are out of the ordinary and are fun to partake in.

11/13/2016 10:53 PMPosted by Advocate
What's the point of making it permanent when the couple of thousand or so active players left will try it once, be completely underwhelmed then ignore it afterwards?

Couple hundred thousand season players to be precise.

Still millions that play era's
I haven't had time to play this candy and now, when I do have time, find out that it was a temporary event, which is very disappointing to me. I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to play the event at the moment it suits you (for instance because of busy work!)...

I hope this even can be made permanent so its still playable for those unfortunate to miss out on it.
11/13/2016 07:32 PMPosted by SonicXero

Bless you. I personally got a headache trying to look at those old graphics, and it made me want to finish it and not go back as fast as possible. But that's just me, if you could stomach playing the whole game like that more power to you.