Path of exile is really no better than diablo 3

Games & Technology
11/13/2016 05:27 AMPosted by Kasey
The difference is Diablo 3 has an infinite scaling dungeon as it's end game. This destroys build diversity. PoE has maps, it's difficulty comes from mods on the maps in which case some may even be impossible for your character to clear. However since there is no infinite scaling there is no need to push people to play those builds that out perform all other builds.

\
^^^^
THIS
this applies to d2 also no infinite scaling makes more builds viable.
basicly the 2 games resemble each other
-a few youtubers prove wich build is best for wich era/preference or situation
-the rest choose one of those builds and the game is rolling
-the good thing (atm) from D3 is that you can see it as an arcade mobblaster

loose from that, POE is far more complex through the enormous skill tree
-and the fact, you barely can change flawed choices or mistakes
-but np, it's even more reason most players just copy meta-builds :p
The difference is Diablo 3 has an infinite scaling dungeon as it's end game. This destroys build diversity. PoE has maps, it's difficulty comes from mods on the maps in which case some may even be impossible for your character to clear. However since there is no infinite scaling there is no need to push people to play those builds that out perform all other builds.

no, this is just commonly spreaded BS here around the forum....

if they would stick to max 10 or 15% increase per item, then there would be build diversity even in infinite scaling...

the reason there's no build diversity is simply due to the fact that some skills/builds get 6000% buff while other skills/builds get only 1200% buffs. This simply kills balance and build diversity.
11/13/2016 09:24 AMPosted by Alukat

if they would stick to max 10 or 15% increase per item, then there would be build diversity even in infinite scaling...

the reason there's no build diversity is simply due to the fact that some skills/builds get 6000% buff while other skills/builds get only 1200% buffs. This simply kills balance and build diversity.
Exactly.

If the difference was 5-10% between the top builds, other builds could still compete. But it's not, because Math is too hard obviously.
OP has absolutely no idea what's build diversity. Nothing more to see here.
Drone.
11/12/2016 08:29 PMPosted by ViolentAngel
On top of that I hate the trading in that game, it's just so disgusting. I put up with it because I found it oddly charming eventually, but to get rich in that game is basically a job. Way too much time investment required. In diablo 3 you don't have to depend on others as much to get good gear, and I like it that way.

Eh i just don't trade in PoE. I took up that motto in D2 though. I found my own gear and played solo most of the time. Trading was so corrupt in D2 it was ridiculous. Aka find your own gear and never trade with anyone unless you actually group with people.
In PoE you can do almost whatever you want and still be viable for the most part. At least monsters are immune/resistant to some things in PoE. I really wish they would bring that to D3.

D3 is just how was it put earlier in the thread a mob blaster, fairly mindless when they could actually add depth and allow players to make interesting choices that still work on higher difficulties, it may be a bit rough but it should be done. I mean who among us did not skip past or find a way to deal with mob immunity in D2?
11/12/2016 07:55 PMPosted by ViolentAngel
Those of you complaining about the number of viable builds in diablo 3, and saying path of exile is better

Just remember one thing -- nobody has been complaining / asking for POE refund as it is free. Play it for a month, play it for a year.
They are both completely different games.

One tried something different, and has mixed reviews, the other copied the !@#$ out of another game, but does it much worse.

Why one is praised when the other is %^-* talked vocally is laughable at best!
11/13/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Demonmonger

One tried something different, and has mixed reviews, the other copied the !@#$ out of another game, but does it much worse.

Meh.

PoE actually does most RPG elements better than D3 does.

D3 wins at combat and graphics. PoE wins at pretty much everything else - skill and build variety, character progression, leveling experience, etc.

In addition to that, base skills and runes also have to be balanced.
11/12/2016 08:29 PMPosted by ViolentAngel
On top of that I hate the trading in that game, it's just so disgusting. I put up with it because I found it oddly charming eventually, but to get rich in that game is basically a job. Way too much time investment required. In diablo 3 you don't have to depend on others as much to get good gear, and I like it that way.

At least you have an option to be rich, because resources matter, and honestly, they don't matter that much because everybody with brains plays leagues ("season") or hardcore.

Leagues are not very long, items become cheap after first two weeks, and in hardcore there's no Scrooge McDucks.

In diablo 3 you are always peasant, begging your lord for moar content, and the lord is answering with plunder once a few years (AAA price on vanilla, cuts from AH goes to blizzard, good chuck for RoS), even more frequently now after necro I suppose, and on top of that he hates you, lies to you and never listens.
11/14/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Orrion
11/13/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Demonmonger

Meh.

D3 wins at combat and graphics. PoE wins at pretty much everything else - skill and build variety, character progression, leveling experience, etc.

as a PvE fun arcade mobblaster, i can say D3 does everything better than the clone POE...and i represent the majority of the playerbase here (or they all would have hopped over to your copy meta-build fake complexity builds :p

not really. all that extra damage would just over kill. If one skill did 1 billion damage and another skill did 20 billion damage but the monster only has 500 million hp then they would both perform the same against that monster. So no, it doesn't matter that one skill is buffed ridiculously high. If there was no infinite scaling then more builds would be viable. Unless you are expecting grift 100 to be the last scale then nothing would really change. but say Grift 50 becomes max difficulty all of a sudden. so many more builds would be viable. Although the game would be really boring for those ridiculously over powered builds.

It looks like you didn't think this through fully. you just saw the numbers of how powerful a build is over another and just assumed it would perform better not taking into account of the health/damage of the monsters if it was not infinite scaling anymore. So, no, it's not bs. I'd refrain from being a jackass if I were you; it only makes you look like an idiot when you're wrong.
11/14/2016 08:29 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN
11/14/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Orrion

Meh.

as a PvE fun arcade mobblaster, i can say D3 does everything better than the clone POE...and i represent the majority of the playerbase here (or they all would have hopped over to your copy meta-build fake complexity builds :p

Objectively speaking, you can't say D3 does "everything better" because there are simply some things that D3 doesn't do, period.

Anyway, I don't prefer PoE over D3. I've put time into D3, Grim Dawn, and PoE. Each does things better than the other 2. D3, again, wins in graphics and combat. Unfortunately, it comes in second or third in most other categories.