Don't You Dare

General Discussion
Dear Blizzard,

Don't you dare to even think about launching any Diablo 2 "remake" the same way you did with Diablo 1 and then say "We listened to you".

We are surely asking for a Diablo 2 remake for a long time now, indeed. But here is a thing: we want NOTHING from Diablo 3 in it. Maybe the graphics, and I'm serious when I say MAYBE, for a simply remastered version would be so much better than this cartoon style. And if not even the graphics are welcome, it's for sure we don't want Diablo 3'ed Diablo 2 (with the same skills, classes, items, and all the crap that makes Diablo 3 the crap Diablo 3 is).

So, if you are ever planning a Diablo 2 revival, stop being lazy and do it the right way.

Sincerely,
A already disappointed fan
Mostly agree, but D2s graphics and art direction style cannot be replicated on these modern day engines, I'd rather they keep it just how it is and just up the resolution and fix the monster trigger distances so you can't snipe mobs half way across the screen like what happens when you use D2MultiRes.
I have to agree. If there ever was a "Digital remaster" of D2, it should simply be just that. No major changes to the game at all.

On a side note, Gameo, you should probably take that unsupported mod out of your post. Bnet may lock your forum access for a time with it in there. Just an FYI.
^ You can't use MultiRes on bnet, it's an offline exclusive mod and as such is no business of anyone's what a person does with their solo game.
But still advertising a mod by mention alone is against the code of conduct.
Online or not, it is not official and therefor against the CoC.
Please remake D2 with lots of Whimsy stuff please!
11/14/2016 07:27 PMPosted by Warrior
Please remake D2 with lots of Whimsy stuff please!

LoL, now that is funny, like you could have Diablo with a chain of flowers around his neck, breathing rainbows instead of firer and have that psychopathic Butcher chase you around with a psychedelic rubber teddy-bear as a weapon, both yelling "Take that you fools" LoL
Just look at the diablo 1 HD mod. Thats what I want for diablo 2.

Same core game with quality of life improvements.
Full HD support, even if it allows us to zoom way out.
Add in crafting/salvage system
Remove the need for scrolls of town portal.
3 new classes
More uniques, sets
add an assload of new sidequests and side paths.
11/14/2016 06:37 PMPosted by Gameo
Mostly agree, but D2s graphics and art direction style cannot be replicated on these modern day engines, I'd rather they keep it just how it is and just up the resolution and fix the monster trigger distances so you can't snipe mobs half way across the screen like what happens when you use D2MultiRes.

Yes it can be... We can make anything on modern engines, we can make a Diablo 2 remake feel like Diablo 2. The issue is Blizzard wanting to stick to WoW graphics, I'm assuming because they scale easily and probably aren't that realistically difficult to make
Only thing I want from Diablo 3 is: Autogold pick up, slightly larger inventory, and personal loot with groups. That's all.
11/14/2016 06:58 PMPosted by kwittstruck
But still advertising a mod by mention alone is against the code of conduct.
Online or not, it is not official and therefor against the CoC.

d2 is allowed to be modded, so does all other blizzard games prior to wow
They have editors and guidelines to ez the process.

You can talk about mods all you want. Blizzard even using the mods instead of their games in presentations on blizzcon, its actually modders can sue blizzard if they see fit, because its their stuff and they weren't mentioned to at least have a credit, we are talking big money here - the presenations are just as good as advertisements, made to shill people to buy necro packs. People who made these mods made it for free and put their soul into it. For everyone (who have the base game!). Not to help blizzard sell some dlc!!

11/14/2016 10:15 PMPosted by JLocker
Only thing I want from Diablo 3 is: Autogold pick up, slightly larger inventory, and personal loot with groups. That's all.

I would still play with free loot if given an option, and ofc no smart-loot, it kills the game. d3 is the only game of the genre with smart loot. Your class gear could have a small priority as a QoL feature if needed, some games have that too. But the way it is now - simply unfun

Sometimes I just don't see myself fit for blizzard games. But since they own brands I love.. I have no choice but to wait until everything under their name becomes really bad, CoD/modern WoW bad.
11/14/2016 10:07 PMPosted by MarioDragon

Yes it can be... We can make anything on modern engines, we can make a Diablo 2 remake feel like Diablo 2. The issue is Blizzard wanting to stick to WoW graphics, I'm assuming because they scale easily and probably aren't that realistically difficult to make

Nah, it really can't. I've worked with UE quite a bit and made maps for various games and the style of art and detail cannot be recreated on these newer engines.
Textures over meshes and creating BSPs will never come off looking the same as it does in D2.
I don't want smart loot, I want personal loot so no fighting or bickering when good items drop and my friend is standing right there, its a friend buster / awkward. This can really ruin a good time in D2 with friends. (Private drops)

Grim Dawn looks okay, so it's doable. Not sure why are you saying it's not possible.
11/14/2016 06:32 PMPosted by Wolfgang
Dear Blizzard,

Don't you dare to even think about launching any Diablo 2 "remake" the same way you did with Diablo 1 and then say "We listened to you".

We are surely asking for a Diablo 2 remake for a long time now, indeed. But here is a thing: we want NOTHING from Diablo 3 in it. Maybe the graphics, and I'm serious when I say MAYBE, for a simply remastered version would be so much better than this cartoon style. And if not even the graphics are welcome, it's for sure we don't want Diablo 3'ed Diablo 2 (with the same skills, classes, items, and all the crap that makes Diablo 3 the crap Diablo 3 is).

So, if you are ever planning a Diablo 2 revival, stop being lazy and do it the right way.

Sincerely,
A already disappointed fan

I fully agree, but based on the way they stole D1 maps & the necromancer from D2/D1 proves that these these dev's would never release a D2 HD because it would undermine there game and it would steal the entire playerbase that's left. So instead they steal content from games they didn't make (hail blizzard north) and add them to there's to try and artificially increase player numbers. When you have to trick the community into playing your game you've now reached an entirely new low.
11/14/2016 10:53 PMPosted by Jumpman
I fully agree, but based on the way they stole D1 maps & the necromancer from D2/D1 proves that these these dev's would never release a D2 HD because it would undermine there game and it would steal the entire playerbase that's left. So instead they steal content from games they didn't make (hail blizzard north) and add them to there's to try and artificially increase player numbers. When you have to trick the community into playing your game you've now reached an entirely new low.

Which is why I'm making this topic. If the community is expressive about it, so MAYBE they will not mess up with the best game Blizzard North has made.

The message is clear: either do it the right way, or leave it alone.