What big change(s) will get you to buy Necromancer?

General Discussion
11/27/2016 02:14 AMPosted by Irvin
They really went wrong with LON, it should've been THE end game setup for all classes and set should only be a stepping stone. It's even logical, it's much harder to gear than sets and it allows much wider diversity.

there's a reason every LoN crusader is thorns bombardment, every LoN barb is frenzy thorns, and every LoN demon hunter is strafe/FoK.

the set itself does not do anything to promote diversity. it does not reward you for using skills that are less popular or for thinking different, it only rewards you for using the skills that have the strongest unique items to support them.

LoN is essentially a 13 piece set. you could deviate from the 11(+3 cubed) strongest items from your class, but that's no different from doing the same with 6 piece sets. you should already be aware of why people don't do that with builds they want to push GRs with.

if you want diversity you need to a) get rid of infinitely scaling greater rifts b) add a larger variety of unique items and c) balance them.
Hey, let's overhaul the WHOLE game, change the end game completely, and expect them to do it for free!

Then, I might just buy necromancer for 10 bucks, no - 5 bucks, wait it should be free too!!!

This is what I'm hearing in this thread.

GG.
If they implemented skill trees that made for good build diversity and made theory crafting fun, added in immune type mobs that made people coordinate with team mates on their builds, and eliminated rift fishing by taking pylons out of the game and standardizing GRifts so the mobs and maps weren't random luck...I would give this game a shot again and buy necro.
11/27/2016 07:52 PMPosted by Phatty
Hey, let's overhaul the WHOLE game, change the end game completely, and expect them to do it for free!

Then, I might just buy necromancer for 10 bucks, no - 5 bucks, wait it should be free too!!!

GG.

That's just silly. If they fixed the game through and through and made it worthy of the name Diablo from the ground up and then added neco, and I'm talking itemization, atmosphere, the theme, the evil, the ambiance, pure and proper ARPGness, rectified the skill setup- the whole 9 yards.... I'd happily pay 60 bucks for what I should have gotten when I forked over that money to begin with... plus the ungodly amount of money I gave these crooks for their RMAH scam..
Willing to let that be all in the past and pay again if they just make Diablo- Diablo.
11/27/2016 08:46 PMPosted by Gameo

GG.

That's just silly. If they fixed the game through and through and made it worthy of the name Diablo from the ground up and then added neco, and I'm talking itemization, atmosphere, the theme, the evil, the ambiance, pure and proper ARPGness, rectified the skill setup- the whole 9 yards.... I'd happily pay 60 bucks for what I should have gotten when I forked over that money to begin with... plus the ungodly amount of money I gave these crooks for their RMAH scam..
Willing to let that be all in the past and pay again if they just make Diablo- Diablo.

Yeah yeah, Gameo, if only if only.

But where the game is now, expecting the devs to overhaul it, for free? Before buying necro? There's probably not enough ROI (return on investment) at the current stage in the lifecycle of D3 to warrant the expense to do it.
Instant buy for me, I love necromancers. If you make a fantasy rpg and don't have playable necromancy its a pass for me. D3 was lucky to have witch doctors or I would have skipped this too.

GG.

I'm not against the idea of microtransaction for skins or other cosmetic stuff. If I'm satisfied with the product, I will not mind spending money to support it. Releasing the Necro as it is without other significant content... well, let's just say that I will be unlikely to spend $ on that class.

It's like "Yah, a new class! Let's try all those new skills! Skill X is really fun... Oh damn, it's not (well) supported by Set items".

Challenge Rift, from what was revealed so far, is not impressing me one bit. If that's the "major" content we're getting, I'll be quite disgusted by it.

Anyway, we shall see what happens next. If we're getting impressive content alongside the Necromancer, I'll be willing to deceive myself and imagine that it's partial XPAC (and drop top $ on it... $20ish or amount it is).
11/27/2016 04:28 PMPosted by clueso
4) PvP Arenas

I would never pay for this in a DLC, since it was already promised when i bought vanilla. Adding a feature that was showcased in order to get sales, then not delivered, only to be resold in a future DLC is wrong. PVP arenas need to be simply added, since we already paid for it, along with a huge apology for taking over four years to implement it.
money, as always
Honestly, Necro is never my cup of tea in D2. But I will buy the character pack. Just because it give me an excuse to subscribe this game ^^.

GG.

it's already a month after blizzcon and this blind dumb child still think it this way after thousands of posts smh feelsbadman gun
11/27/2016 07:45 PMPosted by D2MX
the set itself does not do anything to promote diversity. it does not reward you for using skills that are less popular or for thinking different, it only rewards you for using the skills that have the strongest unique items to support them.

It can't really be helped, the moment they decided to delete skill trees and move leveling to only boost main stats instead of individual skills, the game was doomed to be heavily item dependent. Probably that was their intention, since it start out as an virtual item auction house simulator.

But making LON the end game set does promotes more diversity than regular sets. Take DMO for example, you can only play with the skills that are boosted by the set. Where as with LON, you can play any skills that have complimentary items. If they want to make arc lightning viable for example, they only need to make an item that boost arc lightning damage to viable levels.

Of course, the current LON isn't the solution, but it could've been if they focused on it from the start instead of sets.