Manaldo Mechanics

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
Yes, please verify.

I did used wicked wind first.

Now i am testing with FB ....

My impression is truely, that :

If the ring procc´s via paralysis, every attack will be upgrated by ...
Any idea if Magic Weapon + Electrify can proc this bad boy? You won't see a lot of procs if it does, but it may be worth considering.
11/30/2016 10:12 AMPosted by caracc
Any idea if Magic Weapon + Electrify can proc this bad boy? You won't see a lot of procs if it does, but it may be worth considering.

I just tried MW:Electrify with unruned MM, even with standing close to enemies, didn't see any procs. Small sample test, but no go.
11/30/2016 10:09 AMPosted by cgold
My impression is truely, that :

If the ring procc´s via paralysis, every attack will be upgrated by ...

It certainly feels that way when playing with MH, especially on the chain lightning and AT:SD builds.

I can't seem to reproduce the wicked wind / twister proccing more frequently like this though. I'm using electrocute to trigger but it just feels the same as if I were only using electrocute.

Can you post a video to clarify?
Has anyone tried this ring with Wreath of Lightning? Although two items that only proc 15% of the time might suck when combined.
11/30/2016 11:55 AMPosted by Cratic
11/30/2016 10:12 AMPosted by caracc

I just tried MW:Electrify with unruned MM, even with standing close to enemies, didn't see any procs. Small sample test, but no go.

Oh man, that is super dumpy. But that's what these tests are for!

And of course thank you for testing all this.
Just cleared a GR 70 in 4 minutes with an electrocute build.

Used velvet caravel and mykens (cube) F/R with BoP, BoT, and Esoteric. Cubed shame of dels.

The speed was on par with a well optimized UE Demon Hunter.

Procs seem very random. Sometimes I will proc 4-5x in quick succession, other times i wont see a proc after several seconds of electrocute. Melted the RG in 15 seconds, took 15 seconds to kill a white mob. Needs further testing.

EDIT: Ran a few rifts, procs seem to come in waves, with multiple seconds of no procs, then multiple procs on several mobs.

Example: Ran a t13 rift, grouped an elite pack and maybe a dozen whites, cast electrocute with zero procs for 3 full seconds, then the entire group explodes.
They ought to consider doubling Paralysis chance to
a) make baseline paralysis a more viable choice
b) provide a potential alternative to ice armor + arlyle for APD defense
c) increase range wizard's ability to keep things dependably at bay
d) provide a tiny bit of synergy with unused stun amulet
e) edge up total dmg of Manald Heal builds to competitive levels
f) Even out the insane RNG that currently makes Manaldo specs poor choices for Torment farming.
11/30/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Vox
They ought to consider doubling Paralysis chance to
a) make baseline paralysis a more viable choice
b) provide a potential alternative to ice armor + arlyle for APD defense
c) increase range wizard's ability to keep things dependably at bay
d) provide a tiny bit of synergy with unused stun amulet
e) edge up total dmg of Manald Heal builds to competitive levels
f) Even out the insane RNG that currently makes Manaldo specs poor choices for Torment farming.

Love the idea! 25% would be the sweet spot I think though. Would make more builds viable, also less frustrating when things don't proc due to RNG for what seems like eons.
11/30/2016 01:18 PMPosted by Gbrav13
The speed was on par with a well optimized UE Demon Hunter.

<Tears of Joy> Never thought I'd see the day..
11/28/2016 06:04 PMPosted by Malakai
So we take Cratic's varation of the SD channeled build, drop Aquila, replace with Ranslor's, and replace Blizzard with Mistral Breeze. The result is that it almost feels like an Exploding Palm Monk. Pull all the trash mobs together and everything just blows up at the same time pretty much. Survivability is obviously down a bit, but if you can work it then it's a lot of fun and highly effective.

Tried this out. Just like you thought Malakai, amazing burst potential.

In addition to swapping the Ranslors in, felt this could use an Aether Walker, so I dropped Deathwish too. Also picked up Unwavering Will in place of Illusionist.

GR85 in video. EDIT: replaced video with a better one to show Taeguk.
  • https://youtu.be/Jrx_1yndsz0

Trick is to skip most of the elites (unless they have good affixes), just swallow up the trash.
  • http://ptr.d3planner.com/336630033

What do you think?
Since Cratic mentioned Aether Walker, anyone else noticing some serious input delay on the PTR? Teleport flat out refuses to proc sometimes.

Edit: Oh and this build might benefit from Taeguk for anything other than personal best GR pushes. Perma channel = 50% more damage.
11/30/2016 04:19 PMPosted by Gbrav13
Oh and this build might benefit from Taeguk for anything other than personal best GR pushes. Perma channel = 50% more damage.

Wow, thanks for the advice! Using AW with Conduit makes Taeguk less annoying, actually managable.

I swapped out Stricken for Taeguk. Definitely notice the damage during the rift.

A slight input delay on the PTR for AW but I haven't been ghosting / not reaching destination.
Noob here. Would the playatyle of the tal rasha electrocute build be similar to the spectral blades one or what skills do we choose to stay at range but still proc the other elements.

I wish a pure electrocute build could work with LoN but the TR bonus is too strong. Having to play around 4 elements to get the bonus can be annoying.
12/01/2016 02:33 AMPosted by Wrongholio
what skills do we choose to stay at range but still proc the other elements.

Malakai posted a ranged wizard build with electocute and MH earlier in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752207091#post-6

You will likely always use electrocute and calamity to proc lightning and arcane.

The fire slot is usually EB. You can put it on autocast and itll help keep the tal6 bonus up.

Cold will vary depending on the build purpose. With this build Frozen solid is great for the cc. A farming build that excludes halo of arlyse on the other hand usually picks up FN:Mists, again for autocast.

Use the numlock method or scripting to autocast.
Ahh thanks. That's why I am a noob I didn't know about the autocast numlock trick.
12/01/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Wrongholio
Ahh thanks. That's why I am a noob I didn't know about the autocast numlock trick.

Glad to help. Just keep in mind that Tal6 <> Tal4. They operate separately - the 6 stack will refresh upon alternating spells, but if you have not cast an element within the last 8s you do not get the 25%+ resistance Tal4 buff (for that element).
Since Cratic mentioned Aether Walker, anyone else noticing some serious input delay on the PTR?

Where are you located? On PTR you connect to US servers regardless. They don't subdivide by region.

So if you normally play on South American / Australian / European / Asian servers and get normal latency connecting to your local server, playing on PTR will be at much higher latency and will likely feel pretty crappy.

If you are in the US you shouldn't really notice much difference on the PTR servers though.
12/01/2016 03:34 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
Since Cratic mentioned Aether Walker, anyone else noticing some serious input delay on the PTR?

Where are you located? On PTR you connect to US servers regardless. They don't subdivide by region.

So if you normally play on South American / Australian / European / Asian servers and get normal latency connecting to your local server, playing on PTR will be at much higher latency and will likely feel pretty crappy.

If you are in the US you shouldn't really notice much difference on the PTR servers though.

I am in the southernmost state in our glorious Union. Im not describing the problem well. Sometimes when I cast teleport on the PTR with AW equipped, the skill refuses to function.

No, it isnt on cooldown or anything like that.
12/02/2016 09:03 AMPosted by Gbrav13
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I am in the southernmost state in our glorious Union. Im not describing the problem well. Sometimes when I cast teleport on the PTR with AW equipped, the skill refuses to function.

No, it isnt on cooldown or anything like that.

I've noticed this as well. I've also been able to get a double cast when I hold the key kind of in the half way point. No idea what is going on there.