They made a WoW movie How about Diablo

Movies, Books, and TV
(Edited) I think it would be appealing. I would like to see it off the original lore.
I didn't like the World of Warcraft movie.
Comments?

Unknown
Warcraft movie was atrocious, I expect nothing less than atrocious if they attempt a Diablo movie.

Anyway, 99% of the time games don't translate to movies very well.
12/01/2016 08:28 PMPosted by Gameo
Warcraft movie was atrocious, I expect nothing less than atrocious if they attempt a Diablo movie.

Anyway, 99% of the time games don't translate to movies very well.

If you need evidence of this, watch anything by Uwe Boll.
Let's name some game movies that came out alright..
I can think of one off top my head, Silent Hill.... nothing else immediately comes to mind.
Diablo would make a better movie actually. It has one sick storyline! Blizzard is just stingy about continuing the storyline for us, we still want Act 5 and on, we need closure...

WoW isn't really meant for a movie.
The Sin War trilogy by Richard A. Knaak is powerful to say the least.

It tells the story of Uldyssian as he is drawn into the battle between the Temple of the Triune, run by the Primus under Lucion; the Son of Mephisto and the Cathedral of Light run by the rebel angel Inarius. Uldyssian feels that both sides are corrupt and wants nothing to do with either of them. When he is accused of murdering one of their missionaries, he flees his home town of Seram as he begins to discover his own strange powers. He decides to teach others how to use it, and gathers many followers to him, but the Temple and the Cathedral want his powers for their own and will stop at nothing to get them.

It would be expensive to make an excellent movie covering this material.
It could be done. However, it is up to Blizzard if this is to be done at all.
D1 and D2 lore is quite good, D3 story line is quite lame
I think the Diablo 1 story might make a good horror movie. I don't know about the rest, though, as it quickly descends into "we need more story to cover 30 levels". The Diablo 1 story is very minimalist and could leave a lot to the imagination.
They're already making a movie based on Diablo 3. It stars a group of teenagers with attitude fighting against an evil Witch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Rangers_(film)
Stay awhile and listen ^^ :-

Diablo serious have its complete & strong story IMO, Diablo movie is attractive to me. However, a question raise -- who will be the protagonist ???

The live of Diablo? A / some chosen classes from the serious? Dark Wanderer? Tyrael? Has Deckard Cain to tell a story of a unsung hero?

:-)
12/01/2016 07:54 PMPosted by Unknown
(Edited) I think it would be appealing. I would like to see it off the original lore.
I didn't like the World of Warcraft movie.
Comments?

Unknown

sorry. diablo dont have 2-3 mill paying 10 $ month to make money for a diablo movie
IMO Diablo is the only game that really has Blockbuster movie potential to the extend of "Lord of the Rings". But they would require state-of the art CGI, while trying their best to reduce CGI to absolute minimum. Then they would also need to have a Director with the caliber of "Ridley Scott" or "Oliver Stone", to direct and produce the Diablo movie. Then last but not least, the movie would require excellent actors such as: Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman in side-roles.

Cain would have to be acted by actors like Peter O'Toole (deceased 2013), Max von Sydow, or Christopher Plummer.

Other side-characters with scenes in Lut Gholein for example, are the perfect setting for actors like Omar Sharif (deceased 2015).

The heroes themselves would consist of a 2-3 heroes working together to destroy the devil. Heroes could be acted by actors like Russel Crowe, Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, etc.

The movie would have to be in a very serious tone and with minimal "humor", quite a bit less than Lord of the Rings had.

If they make a Diablo movie, they would have to mix the style, looks, and mood of several movies. If I would be in charge of directing such a movie, I would let myself be inspired by movies like these:

Conan The Barbrian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cxNbz4yKc

Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=als5pGB3Tfg

The Name Of The Rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv8Puk7gOx4

The Dark Crystal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL8HDQO-QWo

Dragonslayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRaLnLDMWg

All those videos, but especially the Legend video actually illustrate really well how Diablo as a game should look in D4. There can be strong and popping colors (such as the color of the devil), but the world should be dark, grim, and horrid. Monsters can pop out with their colors as well as player characters, and with the grim, dark and horrid world, they would create a decent contrast (which was the main reason blizzard chose to go Kiddy style with colors, except that they went colorful everywhere...)
12/01/2016 08:30 PMPosted by Gameo
I can think of one off top my head, Silent Hill.... nothing else immediately comes to mind.

Resident Evil series is pretty good and The last Starfighter brings back some good childhood memories too :)

Doom wasn't terrible....

Tekken, Mortal Combat, Double Dragon and Street Fighter were pretty bad.....
NO, they would fvck that up too!
The WoW movie was amazing.
If they make a d3 movie we will have months of tears on the forums about how players supported the franchise and were let down by the film.
'I paid $12 for the movie, I want a re edit!'

Please no movie.
After the abomination that was Warcraft, which was a movie I wanted to shut off at least four times but couldn't due to company, I would rather have a Diablo movie remain as a fantasy.

The only way I can see a Diablo movie franchise coming out okay is if Blizzard did something similar to what had been done to the Avengers franchise in having a movie for every hero. That way no one is confused as they were in Warcraft with all the faces popping up and would give Blizzard a way to tell the story without butchering it.

That way when the Diablo 1 movie finally does happen everyone would see the people and be like "Oh yeah, I remember that dude, poor guy's dad was possessed by Diablo." and not be left with blank looks.
12/01/2016 10:49 PMPosted by CyLaNt
12/01/2016 08:30 PMPosted by Gameo

Resident Evil series is pretty good and The last Starfighter brings back some good childhood memories too :)

Doom wasn't terrible....

Tekken, Mortal Combat, Double Dragon and Street Fighter were pretty bad.....

There are some rather good movies about video games (Tron, Wargames, Wreck-it Ralph... The Last Starfighter could also count for the nostalgia factor) but video games adaptations are usually quite bad (Silent Hill being the most notable exception.)

However, the reason Uwe Boll movies are terrible is not because they are video games adaptation. It's because they are Uwe Boll movies (while Silent Hill is a Christopher Gans movie).

The Resident Evil movies stand firmly in the so-bad-it's-good territory though.

A Diablo movie could be good. A prequel movie following the fall of Tristram and Leoric's descent into madness could be interesting, for example. A movie centered on Aidan (following his quest to slay Diablo as the Warrior from DI, and then his quest to revive him as the Dark Wanderer in DII) could also be good.
All they would have to do is keep it dark, horrific, oppressive, and with a bad (or bitter sweet, at best) ending.
they wouldn't make it dark enough. i can see it now rainbows,teddybears, and ponys coming out of the cave to hell.

it really could be made into a solid scary kinda movie, but we all know blizzard would try to make it kid friendly and that will pretty much kill it
12/02/2016 05:39 AMPosted by drunkie
they wouldn't make it dark enough. i can see it now rainbows,teddybears, and ponys coming out of the cave to hell.

it really could be made into a solid scary kinda movie, but we all know blizzard would try to make it kid friendly and that will pretty much kill it

This. Plus if they botch the story like they did in D3 (a video game) I don't think seeing anything on the silver screen will be a particularly good experience.