This is just ridiculous.

General Discussion
Sorry, you lost me at 'scrubcore.' You must have a really big e-peen to play hardcore. I'd be impressed if you... you know... just didn't keep dying in it. Maybe there are mobs that are d-bag detectors in D3. Would explain why you keep dying to them. Just a theory tho
11/27/2016 09:45 PMPosted by KadaverjunkY
11/26/2016 09:17 AMPosted by Kevmeister
Calling Softcore scrubcore, but dies that many time.

I think karma just did its job, way to go.
even calling it sofcore is prick-ish, it's called normal mode you *insert proper words*

Getting irritated over "scrubcore", yeah, I can kinda understand. But getting upset at "softcore"? Are you really that sensitive?
You come to the forums to whine about dying in hardcore without "knowing" what happened and the first thing you do is calling softcore "scrubcore"...

I really don't get it... Plays hardcore, knows the consequences of dying, calls softcore "scrubcore", gets overwhelmed and die and after dying, comes to the forums to cry about it.

Here we have a hard-scrub-core player... Irony?
I admire hardcore players who have the skill, knowledge and patience to get their heroes up in the mid seventy grifts realm and beyond.

Would never play hardcore myself both because of technical issues that might kill my hero and because I want to be able to make stupid mistakes and take crazy chances without having to start over again... not mentioning having to skip certain rift guardians because they are too dangerous to engage in hardcore mode.
11/28/2016 10:56 PMPosted by Kevmeister
11/28/2016 05:47 AMPosted by Lloyd
what?!?
you are p888!!!

Cause some of us actually like playing solo most of the time?

I was comment on "normal mode" as opposed to hard, expert, master, T1-13....
But maybe I misunderstood hey?!
11/26/2016 05:34 AMPosted by Spectre
scrubcore

I stopped reading and down voted right there, if you can't communicate your point without insulting your fellow gamers, no one will listen to you.

By the way, it's "normal" mode, not "softcore", not "scrubcore"; it's "normal".
Unless i can play the game in offline mode. HC with unstable ping is just pointless.

You must be a good person with great personality, and 12 from what i read.
You don't get that in scrub-core, period.

Yes I have to agree some what with this. Yes you have your respectful players and then you do have scrub-core or as I call them mindless players. It isn't the players that are scrub-core it is how the game is being made to be played.
Surprised this thread has gotten so much traction considering the OP hasn't bothered to drop in after telling us about his upcoming "majority" in the marines.
LOL all HC players are the same. Try and act like you are better than softcore players, then come straight to the forums and QQ every time your char dies ROFLMFAO.....
11/26/2016 10:34 AMPosted by Spectre
11/26/2016 10:27 AMPosted by DOA
So we are scrubs if our internet connection is bad and don't want to rip a hero every couple of days?

I laugh at your misfortune, it's just karma for thinking softcore players are lesser than you.

Considering how risk-adverse and afraid of permadeath you are, yeah. You *are* less than me. Put something on the line, that's part of the game!

How about their time and enjoyment? if playing HC results in people like you then I gladly avoid it. good riddance.
Two thoughts.

1.) Using Unity in a group is a bad idea, period. One of them could easily have equipped it just to screw with you, especially if you tried to get everyone to equip it (thereby informing them that you have one equipped).

Using monsters / mechanics to kill off other players in Hardcore Diablo is, after all, a time-honored tradition.

As many problems as Path of Exile has, they've gotten rid of "you don't know why you died". None of that has happened (at least to me) in the past two years. And yet, here's Diablo, supposedly a much better game with that.

2.) As others have mentioned, while PoE does identify 'how' you died, I'd argue it doesn't actually answer the questions anyone has. Nobody cares 'how' they died when they lose a HC character; what they really want to know is how to prevent it in the future. The 'how' is a necessary, but insufficient, component of that, at least in PoE (the damage is so spiky and the mechanics so harsh, there is often nothing to learn from a death).
so hard in hardcore when you can save an entire set with zero level requirement(kanai's cube recipe) and go from 1-70 in less than 5 min. Soooooo punishing man.
I've RIP'd a lot. However, I enjoy hardcore because there is this sense of, "mess up, you lose". You don't get that in scrubcore, period. Sure, when you RIP it's a pain in the butt, but it teaches you something new.

My last two characters, however, have just...died.

First character: 6P Inna's Mystic Ally Monk. Two-hundred million toughness in Torment 9, cooldowns are active as the Rift Guardian spawns. He hasn't even fully spawned, there's nothing with-in two screens of me. And yet, with 200-million toughness, I drop from over 1-million hit points to 0 in the span of two seconds. And then the boss spawns.

Spectre has been slain!

Nothing telling me what killed me, just I am dead. This has never happened before: every death I have had, it tells mew hat killed me, unless I am killed by something that dropped a pile of Nope and I stood in it after killing them. But in this case, I was standing in nothing, cooldowns active, and a significant amount o toughness, with plenty of time to hit a reactionary potion. Just dead.

The second character: Multishot demon hunter. Same problem: nothing around for several screens (in fact, the mobs were on the other side of a set of closed doors). As I tab over to write a Reddit post, I have the game open on my main screen. I watch as nothing, not even a ghost, kills me. And once again...Spectre has been slain!

The first one, witnessed by three people in the group. "How did you die?" And what can I tell them? I don't know!

As many problems as Path of Exile has, they've gotten rid of "you don't know why you died". None of that has happened (at least to me) in the past two years. And yet, here's Diablo, supposedly a much better game with that.

Yeah...

Lol you want to torture yourself with HC, then feel free.

Everyone knows server bull!@#$ is part of the package when you sign up.

Yeah you got a raw deal, everyone knows it happens and you should accept it and make your next waste of ti- err I mean character.
you did it to yourself. life (aka the internet, aka computers, aka code, aka everything) is unpredictable but i'll complain about it on the forums because i need sympathy or something.
I've RIP'd a lot. However, I enjoy hardcore because there is this sense of, "mess up, you lose". You don't get that in scrubcore, period. Sure, when you RIP it's a pain in the butt, but it teaches you something new.

My last two characters, however, have just...died.

First character: 6P Inna's Mystic Ally Monk. Two-hundred million toughness in Torment 9, cooldowns are active as the Rift Guardian spawns. He hasn't even fully spawned, there's nothing with-in two screens of me. And yet, with 200-million toughness, I drop from over 1-million hit points to 0 in the span of two seconds. And then the boss spawns.

Spectre has been slain!

Nothing telling me what killed me, just I am dead. This has never happened before: every death I have had, it tells mew hat killed me, unless I am killed by something that dropped a pile of Nope and I stood in it after killing them. But in this case, I was standing in nothing, cooldowns active, and a significant amount o toughness, with plenty of time to hit a reactionary potion. Just dead.

The second character: Multishot demon hunter. Same problem: nothing around for several screens (in fact, the mobs were on the other side of a set of closed doors). As I tab over to write a Reddit post, I have the game open on my main screen. I watch as nothing, not even a ghost, kills me. And once again...Spectre has been slain!

The first one, witnessed by three people in the group. "How did you die?" And what can I tell them? I don't know!

Yeah...

Bahahaha what a scrub, unity in group , nice move. One of your buddies killed you. Maybe you should stick to solo play and normal mode. I tried HC and it was fun, i never died and i killed off my toon cause his name was dumb...Its not for everyone and certainly not for scrubs and whiners.
Never play a game in HC mode if you can die by server issues.
11/29/2016 03:45 AMPosted by Lloyd
I was comment on "normal mode" as opposed to hard, expert, master, T1-13....
But maybe I misunderstood hey?!

If you must know how I have yet to reach at least P1000 on 'normal' mode, it's because:

1. I don't usually group up
2. Which leads to me only pushing a lower range of GR
3. I usually do 60s for now, which I'm comfortable
4. I hate dying in any given circumstances of the game, despite playing in 'normal' mode

So there you have it, that's why I'm still at P888.
From the OP:

Two-hundred million toughness in Torment 9,

You hardcore players are so awesome!
11/29/2016 10:53 PMPosted by spacecadet13
From the OP:
Two-hundred million toughness in Torment 9,

You hardcore players are so awesome!

So awesome indeed. Last time my squishy wizard goes down from 39m unbuffed toughness to zero it took her 2 seconds in GR66. With 200m toughness i think i can have a coffee or two in T9 and my galvanizing ward would've saved my hide.
OP's astronomical narcissism coupled with his tendency of belittling others to inflate his grandiose ego is indeed awesome.

11/29/2016 01:07 AMPosted by Riffmaker
Sorry, you lost me at 'scrubcore.' You must have a really big e-peen to play hardcore. I'd be impressed if you... you know... just didn't keep dying in it. Maybe there are mobs that are d-bag detectors in D3. Would explain why you keep dying to them. Just a theory tho

You sir, deserve a nobel prize. Lol