Darkening of Tristram event duration

General Discussion
When does the Darkening of Tristram event end?
I believe end of January
They said there will be other follow up anniversary events during january 1-3 next year.
Does anyone know for sure?
01/08/2017 02:21 PMPosted by Varonika
Does anyone know for sure?

Nope. We know some games it has a limited duration. Events in D3 in the past were a month, but we don't know if this one will be. It won't be tomorrow though. It would be at least a week if not much longer. Don't push til the last minute though.
I'm working 60 hour weeks now. I hope this will last a few more weeks. :(
How do you start it?
01/09/2017 12:37 AMPosted by DrovianCB
How do you start it?

Enter the portal in Old Tristram. It's best with a level 1 character if you want the Butcher pet. Explore all areas. Took me about 2 hours to complete all 16 level. It was great.
On a level 1 char? I was walking around for 1 hour and 25 ish minutes with a level 46 (I know it gets scaled with level but still)
I did it on a level 1 barb with only a hellfire amulet and ring with Pain Enhancer
( rank 25 ) and Boyarsky's Chip ( rank 0 ) and basically one shot everything !
thought i read a blizz post saying the darkening was short, but you could do it for the duration of the season, i could be wrong though.
I would like to know as well when it ends. I can't find a end time. If it is later today/tomorrow I am screwed. Need 4 more kills to finish up. Had some bad luck with rng.
01/09/2017 09:38 PMPosted by Ellwine
I would like to know as well when it ends. I can't find a end time. If it is later today/tomorrow I am screwed. Need 4 more kills to finish up. Had some bad luck with rng.

It lasts till the end of January. You have lots of time. No worries.
I am in the location for the portal, but I can't find it. Anyone know why?
It's by the fountain. If it's not there, I wouldn't exactly know what's wrong. I wouldn't think it's a bugged game, but could be.

Just be sure to check by the fountain, near Griswald's shop in Old Tristram.
01/09/2017 10:31 PMPosted by Paulinco
I am in the location for the portal, but I can't find it. Anyone know why?

Are you playing in adventure mode or story mode?
The event can only be accessed in adventure mode.
I really wish this event would stay in the game permanently. It makes a nice alternative in leveling up to the ho-hum bounty/rift routine. And as an added bonus, it isn't entirely AoE dependent, meaning single target builds can work with it without suffering too much.

Plus, it's nice to actually see something not poof away for 11/12ths of the year. It may not be the remake we thought it would be when we first heard about it at the onset of BlizzCon, but if I were a dev and put time into something, even this, I'd be rather unhappy if it weren't even available for nearly the entire year.

Basically, having these ultra limited time events feels just as bad as missing out on those community buff weekends the devs seem so adamantly opposed to. Enough with the limited duration stuff. Just leave them in the game and active all the time so we can mix things up at our leisure instead of only for an infinitessimal amount of time every year.
I own Reaper on all systems, PS4, XBox One and PC - I have/had my work cut out for me to unlock everything. The 16 level thing can be tedious on a 2nd, 3rd and 4th playthrough..
Just to confirm, The Darkening of Tristram event will last until the end of this month (January), and will return every January from here on out.
01/10/2017 03:40 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Just to confirm, The Darkening of Tristram event will last until the end of this month (January), and will return every January from here on out.

Great I only need one more unique monster for the demon portrait frame!

Also, is there anyway to keep my Razor color settings that changed with the red? I like the difference in colors and how hotkeys now change color onoff cooldown.