Corsair CUE Integration

Technical Support
1 2 3 5 Next
From the current patch notes:

"Support has been added for the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) SDK and Razer peripherals
Supported backlit keyboards will respond to certain in-game situations like Legendary and Set item drops, characters leveling up, and more
Players will need to update their firmware for supported devices to use this feature"

How in the _hell_ do I turn this off? And why would I ever want a game to change the configuration on _my_ hardware, without _my_ permission?

I can't find any settings in game that seem to control this, and no settings in the Corsair Cue software seem to control this. I don't care that this ability is available, I'm very upset that I seem to have no control over it, and never gave my permission for it to happen in the first place. Unless this is one of those "you agreed to the terms of use, therefore you agreed to allow us to monkey with the settings on your hardware" kinds of things.
This is really bugging me. I don't want my K70 to change colours without my permission.
It is ridiculous that this can't be turned off, plain and simple.
I had the same issue. I don't like having the whole keyboard lightning.
I am used to just highlight the main keys i am using in the game.

It is possible to deactivate this by disabling SDK support in the CUE software
(in the global settings).
Then you can use normal keyboard profiles with custom lightning as u wish again.

But this will also disable SDK support for other games too.
If you don't use it this will do it as a workaround...
+1
My Razer makes me mad now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8Aa5ZrMeA&feature=youtu.be

You guys having similar problems?
I want the option to disable this in game and I want it now. Not to sound petulant but I want only the themes I personally downloaded and installed working on my Corsair K70 RGB, I do not want this game hijacking my keyboard.

Give us a way to modify this.
01/04/2017 09:20 PMPosted by Karon

that's not exactly what I'm seeing... my keyboard is going red when I start Diablo 3 like yours, but I don't have the flickering colors, it's solid red... goes blue when I use the DH vengeance ability.. It's not horrible, in some ways I kinda like it... I just _really_ wish I had a choice, or a way to edit the colors.

the no choice, no opt in, no ability to change it is _utter_ crap.
Yes its a joke you cant turn this off. I don't want a Red Keyboard. Please Answer Blizzard. How can you force your customers to use this with no option to disable or change anything ???

I got the same problem, but my keyboard is K70 LUX RGB.
Indeed. I got a custom color profile that is a gradient, which I'm personally very happy with. Quite annoying that it overwrites this.

It should just add the lighting effects on-top of any custom color profile you may have already.
sure or an option to disable this. But its the same since PTR start nothing changed and it got to the live server. Really bad job by Blizzard....

Don`t know why Blizzard simply wrote another profile for the CUE Software to give people the chance to use it.
plus my mouse mat RGB Polaris keep the default desktop lightning, so i have a bloody red keyboard and mouse and a happy rainbow mouse mat. Please Blizzard fix this mess.
01/04/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Vramin
I'm very upset that I seem to have no control over it, and never gave my permission for it to happen in the first place.

This here is important
+ what a joke who came up with this stupid idea ?
if your using a corsair go into the CUE and turn off the SDK thinghy in general settings. thats stops it,

now the thing that annoys me i wanted to try this out but since i live in belgium i dont use qwerty but the the qwerty buttons are lit up instead of the azerty one i use in the thing, so was wondering if there was a way to change the settings.
01/05/2017 11:03 AMPosted by RainbowCrash
if your using a corsair go into the CUE and turn off the SDK thinghy in general settings. thats stops it,

now the thing that annoys me i wanted to try this out but since i live in belgium i dont use qwerty but the the qwerty buttons are lit up instead of the azerty one i use in the thing, so was wondering if there was a way to change the settings.

I'd love to be able to change the settings... My mouse is blue, my Razer Orbweaver is blue, I'd like my keyboard to be blue as well... On my DH when I activate Vengeance, and for it's duration, the keyboard turns blue (the first time that happened I was a little confused) What I'd like to do is have the keyboard be blue by default, and then when I activate Vengeance have it turn red... but there doesn't appear to be any way to do that.

I've said it before, but still mainly frustrated that this was done without my permission and totally outside of my control. Blizz really needs to examine why this was thought to be a good idea, and beat the people responsible repeatedly about the head and neck with a rubber chicken.
Using Razer Chroma, I just find out you can disable this under Chroma app and disabling diablo3.exe in the app list.

Yep, that's what I've got. Fully up to date Synapse and I can't even look at my keyboard or mouse because the light flickering is agonising (and would probably trip epilepsy on anybody who has it).

It's clearly a priority issue as it tries to toggle between existing profiles and the Diablo SDK override; if I escape out into the menu my existing profile runs happily.
Eh... there must be some kind of setting to turn it off... it's ok for me, but if you are using other apps, for example Keyboard-Ambilight, keyboard (Corsair K70 LUX RGB) goes mad blinking on random keys. Blizzard should give us chance to disable this option. Maybe in some .ini files?