Reverting back to 32 bit until this is fixed

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
There's a deeper issue. I was able to play on EU just fine, but NA is a stutter mess.

All of my characters are on NA.

Some people on EU reports that EU is a stutter mess, but NA is fine. I'm guessing the people who are reporting fine simply doesn't have a lot of characters/items on the realm.
^ ha! confirmed it. The more communities chat you are in, the more you lag.

I solved my stuttering by leaving all my communities.
01/04/2017 08:52 PMPosted by Arctia

Wow, that worked for me too. WTF Blizz...
My specs:

Intel i5 6500
Asus H170 Pro Gaming mobo
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Corsair 16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
GTX 660
Windows 10 Pro

Playing on Americas (via Australian servers)
V-sync on, 1920x1080 resolution
All other settings on max except anti-aliasing

So far, there's little stuttering on my end though it has occasionally popped around but nothing serious as others have suggested.

I've kept watch of the FPS count on the bottom right and it almost never went below 60 with V-sync on. With V-sync off, it ranges between 75 and 120. The screen tearing is atrocious and masks the stuttering if there is any.

Just for good measure, D3 peaked at 6.8GB RAM.
The Dark Tristram content worked fine here with the 64bit version. It was definitely not worse than the 32bit version, unsure if it was better than the 32bit version but I feel like it was (I didn't monitor FPS).

Anti-Aliasing was disabled. Shadows were set to "High". SSAO was Off. The rest of the settings were maxed out.

1920x1080 at 60Hz (Vsync on)
Intel i7 920 CPU at 3.00Ghz
Geforce 760 4GB
ASUS P6T
8GB DDR3 1500MHZ RAM
01/04/2017 08:59 PMPosted by oRyo

Wow, that worked for me too. WTF Blizz...

Yup. Confirming that too... Looks like I can be in one and not have an issue but 5 was too much and caused all kinds of pain.

Did you just disconnect from the chat for each community, or leave the community completely?
Can confirm that on EU servers, leaving chat (You don't need to leave the community) solves ALL lag problems i've had today.
01/05/2017 03:03 AMPosted by Finaldeath
Can confirm that on EU servers, leaving chat (You don't need to leave the community) solves ALL lag problems i've had today.

Allright....same!
I still believe there is something seriously wrong with the 64bit client.

I have an i7 5930k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX980 Ti @ 1500Mhz, 32GB RAM, and D3 installed on a Samsung 950 SSD. And while running D3, I'm getting dips down into the mid 20s. That is simply unacceptable.

I had to switch back to the 32bit client just to run the game to get my FPS back (100+)

And people talk about the community chats, but I'm not in any communities. I only play D3 with personal friends. And all my friends that play D3 also had to force 32bit to play the game without being a stutterfest.

. I will try this when I get to my PC. I am in the maximum amount of communities. Now then, did you leave the communities all together, or simply turn of the chat for all of your communities?
01/05/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Gimpzor

. I will try this when I get to my PC. I am in the maximum amount of communities. Now then, did you leave the communities all together, or simply turn of the chat for all of your communities?
01/05/2017 03:03 AMPosted by Finaldeath
Just tested and fixed my issues as well. The more communities you are in, the worse the client will run.. Simply turn off the chat for all the communities you are in, and it should fix your issue. (You DO NOT have to leave the community, Just the chat)

https://youtu.be/qd_oUvyw1VM

Simple youtube video guide.
64 bit client is working for me better than the 32 bit one. In fact, a lot better and it looks better than before with AA 8x and SSAO plus low gamma. Maybe I'm just lucky. In fact, I was thinking this change was needed but I see a lot of people having troubles with it. I don't know why, honestly.

My specs:
GTX 1060 6gb
I5-4690k 3'5 ghz
G.Skill 12 gb 1600
Connectivity: 60mbps
Settings: All "ultra", everything enable but vsync.

For once, instead of criticize Blizz I have to congrat them. But obviously something is wrong if people are experiencing fps drops from 32 bits to 64 bits.
I noticed the stutter in the 64bit client lastnight as well, just 'assumed' was due to patch day. I also had no issues on PTR so didn't give the lag much more thought.

Will give the idea of turning off the communities a shot, this is a good idea, I hope it works for everybody.
I hope Blizzard can get a hotfix out soon. I miss my communities. Microstutter completely irritates me because its way more distracting than a slow framerate in general.
01/05/2017 05:51 AMPosted by CyberDoc
turning off the communities

This worked for me as well.
Must be something in the code causing a problem with communities enabled.
01/04/2017 07:22 PMPosted by DTMAce
Well I verified that it runs way worse in groups. Frame rate drops to below 30, something I haven't seen in a long time. I was getting low 20s at a few points.

Damn.

Going to start working this and seeing what's causing it. Will update if I get more info.

Specs:
i5 2400 3.1Ghz
16GB DDR3 1600
nVidia GTX 580 1.5GB 384Bit
Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD
Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64 Bit
Several other drives, and extras that don't factor in.
24" Acer LED/LCD HDMI connected display 1920x1080@60
Windowed fullscreen
All graphics set to high/max settings.
SSAO enabled.
Vsync enabled.
Sound set to 128 Ch (max)

Game on.

Diable Vsync!!!
just tried the darkening event, i get 400+ fps in there.

i'm in 5 different communities, usually have 2-3 open at all times.

did some grifts in groups as well as solo runs. FPS still hovering around 170~200 @1440p.

Vsync is disabled.

also, tested the previously bad areas like rakkis crossing, and it's perfectly fine now. no stuttering whatsoever.

i'm on windows 10 64bit client. not sure why you guys are experiencing performance issues with 64bit client >.<
01/04/2017 07:28 PMPosted by Seng
There's a serious memory leak in there as well. I left D3 open in the main menu for 2 hours while I was watching a movie with my daughter. Came back, 99% memory usage by D3 -- 32GB system.

Was wondering about a memory leak too. The longer I play 64 bit the worse my system performance gets.

i7-2600k 4.5 Ghz
R9 290
SSD
16 GB RAM