How do you put PvP in diablo

Brawling
Without making it a moba? Because all the click to move/5 button games I know of are mobas (league, hots, etc)
and then there's the big issue of how you balance it, considering most diablo players can do dps equal to their health pool
maybe make it grift style, and the first person to complete the rift wins? and there could be "debuff" shrines that debuff the enemy player (decrease in movement speed,damage, etc)
You don't have to balance it. D2 was never really balanced for PVP. Of course D2 PVP was more fun because there were 8 players in a game and they could be joined at will from picking them in the lobby. They would need to totally restructure how the game works in order to have anything like the old PVP.

Also I guarantee there are waaaaaaaay too many whiny little !@#$%es these day's that couldn't handle that kind of action. Going hostile on someone mid game like it used to be would create huge crap storms on the the forums, the rage would be immense.

I miss it.
Simple, Diablo III doesn't need PVP.
99.9% damage reduction should make it work in arena
Change all multipliers to additive while in PvP mode. Then double armor and set dodge a little higher.
There are many ways to successfully implement pvp in Diablo 3, many ways to get more people interested in this game, unfortunately all good suggestions falls on deaf ears. Don't expect these devs to know anything about pvp, they're currently busy working on the Necromancer sets and the ridiculous % multipliers which means 70% of the necro skills/runes will not be used anyways apart from early levels and as advertising.

Seriously they can't fix and make pve balanced/fun, we won't be seeing pvp or much needed improvements in Diablo 3 unless they remove and replace these people with new knowledgeable devs.
01/06/2017 04:19 PMPosted by BunzBun
Simple, Diablo III doesn't need PVP.

Diablo III doesn't need you, but then again it probably does because most Diablo fans left a long time ago.
why do it ?
-there are plenty of specialized glorious PvP-games
-the diablo series is under enormous extern pressure to go PvP, because of the illegal D2 spinn-off fans ...
01/06/2017 05:46 PMPosted by RUNtoFUN
why do it ?
-there are plenty of specialized glorious PvP-games
-the diablo series is under enormous extern pressure to go PvP, because of the illegal D2 spinn-off fans ...

Please.
Stop.
Posting.

You are killing my braincells with your contagion of feebality.
How do you put PvP in Diablo?

You don't.
As much as I would like to see PvP in Diablo, the lack of PvP is at the bottom of the list of problems.

The game suffers due to the existence of the perpetual Paragon system, lack of build diversity, hell lack of basic class diversity. Only 3/6 classes are viable for high GRs in coop at any given time. It's been this way since Season 1 and it's the same now.

DH hasn't been viable for high GRs in coop since Season 2. I'd say this is a bigger issue ATM than the lack of proper PvP system.
It's there you just have to look hard.

DIABLO

(1.) Put the I under the D
-PABLO
(2.) Flip the A Vertically
-PVBLO
(3.) Remove the B
-PVLO
(4.) Flip the L Vertically then put it under the O
-PVP
If we are talking about tournaments than i would love customizable games.

Blizzard could make a npc mage-like who can "genearate" randomly an arena for you (setting location, area extension, number of barriers, traps, shrines, mobs, etc) and deciding any rules inside it. A cap for damages, health points or resistances. Modifications on classes, effects or cooldown. Skills or items permitted and other stuff like that.
In the end you decide the type of game: freeforall, team deathmatch, etc.

Than you could save the ruleset and share it with communities: people try your ruleset, rate it and make reviews of it....Basically i suggest a simplified sc2 arcade.

In this way, Blizzard have to do nothing with balance: players will decide what they find more fun to play.
Can u retarded scrubs plz stop talking about Diablo 3 doesnt need pvp??

U are probably the new kind of "breed" Activision is looking for, true Diablo gamers know that pvp is MOST essential in a game like Diablo.

Every true oldschool D1/D2 gamer knows that.

Pvp made Diablo 2 Exiting... There were so many builds and tactics which kept u playing d2 over and over again.
D3 doenst have this, most of the players play it for a season and after that it gets very boring.
01/07/2017 01:25 AMPosted by MACHINE

We aren't the retards, wether you like it or not PvP is in the game. Nobody uses it because your too busy crying in the forums claiming it's not there

Pvp made Diablo 2 Exiting

What's so hard about a 80+ character killing an 8th level character. real challenge that is
01/07/2017 01:41 AMPosted by Steve

We aren't the retards, wether you like it or not PvP is in the game. Nobody uses it because your too busy crying in the forums claiming it's not there

What's so hard about a 80+ character killing an 8th level character. real challenge that is

U are realy clueless im afraid.
01/07/2017 01:48 AMPosted by MACHINE

U are realy clueless im afraid.

How do you figure PvP is called brawling here, no one said it was great but it's there, and I know exactly what size the characters are when they came and killed me as soon as they are able to go hostile against me.
You don't have an issue one shotting characters, but when it's you getting one-shotted that's a different story

I see you're ignorant about pvp in Diablo 2, how about Lvl 80+ characters dueling in team matches, FFAs, 1vs1, tournaments etc both public and organized leagues. PvP in Diablo 2 was a beauty and the ''PK'' you refer to is not it. Don't post nonsense if you know nothing about the subject.
HOW DO YOU PUT PVP IN DIABLO

In D3 you don't, due to the way it was designed.

D2 characters werent scaled for PvP, it just happened that some PvP was fun besides that (Blizz could have balanced specific PvP aspects to be more fun/balanced in D2 but they never cared).

D3 mechanics scale very differently and due to bad design choices/shortsight at game creation/development, introducing a viable PvP would require complete overhaul on how the mechanics go.

If you guys think the amount of work to do that at this point is feasible, you don't know jack.

Invest your time asking for something the DEVs actually can accomplish, like adding more variation and options in end-game builds (cause even this they seem unable to adress).

And if you really want somewhat decent PvP in a game of this style, cross fingers while waiting for Lineage Eternal or Lost Ark wich are supposed to be MMOs (and we can't influence the design process since the forums are all in Korean or whatever damn language that is, so again we're getting games fubared due to shortsighted prima donna airs and graces DEVs).

PvP made D2 exciting (the tolerated spinn-off)

this is the legit DIABLO 3, with PvE as main concept
don't make claims based on nothing

leave the PvE alone or ask for a seperate PvP version
They would need to balance the game. It is as simple as that.

It won't ever happen though. They abandoned PvP with ROS. Unlimited paragon, legendary gems, massive set and legendary bonuses have rendered PvP unviable.
I don't see how it can work they way the game is now.

Brawling was a lot of fun in vanilla but it had zero features and was never given any balancing attention. It was still pretty well balanced and playable despite having quite a few overpowered abilities and item synergies. It was a placeholder for a promised Team Deathmatch replacement that never happened. It had great potential but it never got a patch.