Quick way to unlock Torment?

General Discussion
Hi.

I originaly bought Diablo 3 about ayear ago and quickely realised that Expert mode is far to easy. I stoped playing at about level 20 since the game didn't do anything for me.
I recently however saw what the game is like on the higher Torment Difficulties and rifts, so I decided to start again and aim for level 60 to unlock Torment.
I only just got to level 40 and I can't take it anymore.

I got to the end boss of act II only to spend the entire fight holding down the left mouse button hovering it above the boss while resting my head in my other hand, not bothering wiht anything else. I didn't even need to use a potion...

This isn't a game it's a chore, and it's killing me.

Is there an easier way to unlock Torment Difficulty without my brain going numb?
I didn't know it was locked... leveling a character to 70 solo doesn't take too long. (maybe you don't have the xpac?) The game doesn't really start until after the campiagn is over. Normal-master is incredible easy and pointless IMO. They completely remade 90% of how the game is played a few years back. Everyone spends all of their time in adventure mode, post level 70, grinding out paragon levels, Greater rifts, and farming mats for gear.
Easiest way is to get someone to power level you of course
It unlocked for me once I finished Act IV.

And holy cow is it noticeably harder. I'm forced to use my brain and skills now. :D
01/01/2017 01:16 PMPosted by Redfeather75

And holy cow is it noticeably harder. I'm forced to use my brain and skills now. :D

lvl 40 on act 2 ? man something wrong.

Yes, it unlocks once you beat the campaign. Adventure Mode (Reaper of Souls expansion pack) unlocks globally once you beat Act V.
Get boosted.
01/01/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Eyals

They made it so that it's possible to kill with relative ease even on expert at level 1. Since the progression of the campaign was originally designed to be played on Normal difficulty, new comers are now leveling faster than the original design, because there is no longer any need to run any content on Normal.
It's not even possible to die on normal is it? I remember bringing a new toon and letting him sit there taking hits for ever and his health bulb didn't move..
01/01/2017 12:51 PMPosted by DuckBread
I got to the end boss of act II only to spend the entire fight holding down the left mouse button hovering it above the boss while resting my head in my other hand, not bothering wiht anything else. I didn't even need to use a potion...

Interesting.According to your profile,you have not even finished act 2.

Add me,I´d like to see that you finish Belial easily on expert with that gear.

btw,there´s still a mode called "Hardcore" if "Softcore is "too easy" for you ;)

lol.Not everyone leeches like you do

With the Cane's set and the Skeleton King's helmet and Hellfire rings you can get like +200 to +250% XP and on top of that you can play on Masters or Torment difficulty and get even more XP bonuses. This allows you to easily get to level 70 before beating the first Act of the campaign for example. Afaik Set recipes and Set items don't drop unless you're playing a Level 70 character? So this info is mostly only useful to someone who has a level 70 character and wants to make a new character and quickly get them to the end-game.
It's ridiculous that new-comer can't choose the difficulty he/she desires. I remember starting D3 back in 2012 and was so bored after the tutorialish first playthrough that didn't play until RoS. Luckily things got better and now I'll start Season 9 with Torment 1 or Master.
01/01/2017 10:47 PMPosted by Ruined
It's ridiculous that new-comer can't choose the difficulty he/she desires. I remember starting D3 back in 2012 and was so bored after the tutorialish first playthrough that didn't play until RoS. Luckily things got better and now I'll start Season 9 with Torment 1 or Master.
A new comer can choose up to Expert I believe, after Act 2 or 3 I think they unlock Master and completing Act 4 unlocks Torment difficulties.
Yes, it IS incredibly stupid that new players are so limited in terms of choosing a difficulty level. Same thing as making Elective mode an option rather than the default behaviour. It really does say something about how Blizzard views their customers.
01/01/2017 11:23 PMPosted by TimberWolf
Yes, it IS incredibly stupid that new players are so limited in terms of choosing a difficulty level.

Nah,it´s incredibly stupid that Players can buy/craft their items at a level below 60/70,instead of finding it.
If this game were Self-Found,the most Players would complain that the game is too hard.
01/02/2017 12:05 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
01/01/2017 11:23 PMPosted by TimberWolf
Yes, it IS incredibly stupid that new players are so limited in terms of choosing a difficulty level.

Nah,it´s incredibly stupid that Players can buy/craft their items at a level below 60/70,instead of finding it.
If this game were Self-Found,the most Players would complain that the game is too hard.
True. It's really not self found so much as it is self grind and then make stuff(gambling with mats).
Best way to get powerlevel is to join a community and aks for a waypoint to Mathael. Kill it and it opens up Adventure mode, then get plvl in less than 10 min to 70.
01/02/2017 01:41 AMPosted by ChaosLeech
01/02/2017 12:05 AMPosted by DEATHWISH

True. It's really not self found so much as it is self grind and then make stuff(gambling with mats).
Originally the items from the Blacksmith were a lot less likely to be useful/perfect for your character. Maybe they should bring back the old blacksmith!?