Legendary Item suggestion: Tyrael's Might

Items and Crafting
12/22/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Kikaha
and still 3 times less powerful than gen monk

no.
I just compared crashing rain belt + tyrael's + CoE + LoN vs. LoN + CoE + LGF + FoK.
I didn't math in channeling shoulders, hexing pants and all that other stuff that is a constant factor for both builds.
You mathed with everything in 13 slots , i with 5 slots, ofc does gen monk look stronger, because you're making a very flawed comparison here (13 items equiped vs. 5 items equiped comparison).

What is?
RIP -> moved to items and crafting section...
That's basically what I wanted to see, but note I wouldn't use this with LoN.

This affix is begging to be used with shenlong's / Inna's, as with the two of them you get:

x11 (Inna / Crudest boots)
x2.5 (Shenlong's)
Ring bonuses

LoN's x14 with no rings can't hope to compete with that level of power.

So I would make a WotHF FoF build, stack DoT's and let Mirinae work its magic with those lovely proc coefficients.
12/22/2016 01:38 PMPosted by Alukat

no.
I just compared crashing rain belt + tyrael's + CoE + LoN vs. LoN + CoE + LGF + FoK.
I didn't math in channeling shoulders, hexing pants and all that other stuff that is a constant factor for both builds.
You mathed with everything in 13 slots , i with 5 slots, ofc does gen monk look stronger, because you're making a very flawed comparison here (13 items equiped vs. 5 items equiped comparison).

There's still lots of flaws in your own comparison. LoN FoK revolves around timing CoE to get a huge damage buff as well as gathering as much density as possible during the 30 seconds down time. You get crazy amount of area damage due to that, way more than the build you're laying around can hope to do (for the simple reason it has to kill things every 4 seconds instead of every 30).
Also, add everything you want in those slots I don't think it will ever matter.
2200*1.25 (shoulders)*2 (if you can find 100% skill dmg) * 1.4 (vengeance) = 7700, you still need a 25% damage multiplier to get close to 1 hit per second gen monk. Gen monk hitting at least 3 to 5 times per second.
12/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Kikaha
There's still lots of flaws in your own comparison. LoN FoK revolves around timing CoE to get a huge damage buff as well as gathering as much density as possible during the 30 seconds down time. You get crazy amount of area damage due to that, way more than the build you're laying around can hope to do (for the simple reason it has to kill things every 4 seconds instead of every 30).

1.) with crashing rain you're constantly strafing forward, constantly gathering mobs
2.) ofc, LGFs damage number on AD is bigger, but with crashing rain belt you get more AD procs, about 7,5 times (30/4) more AD procs to be precise.

12/22/2016 05:19 PMPosted by Kikaha
Also, add everything you want in those slots I don't think it will ever matter.
2200*1.25 (shoulders)*2 (if you can find 100% skill dmg) * 1.4 (vengeance) = 7700, you still need a 25% damage multiplier to get close to 1 hit per second gen monk.

+30% skill damage from RoV-rolls (or is it +45%?)
+25% from hexing pants
and then there's shi-mizu ;)

crashing rain is a 360° AoE while gen is 160°, so the AoE is bigger, hitting more mobs than the gen does.
Tyrael's Might
Increase all stats(life, dmg, attackspeed, armor, resists, strenght...) by 10%.
12/21/2016 08:23 PMPosted by Alukat
Crashing rain with your suggestion:
4000% WD belt + 50% CoE (averaged) + 1300% LoN + 1100% tyraels every 4 seconds (CDR + Orotz).
4000*1,5*13*11/4=214500
so you're at an average of 214500% WD per second, which is nearly 2 times as much as with LGF-FoK

You do realize however that CR is not affected anyways... right?
12/23/2016 01:55 AMPosted by WalkinTall
12/21/2016 08:23 PMPosted by Alukat
Crashing rain with your suggestion:
4000% WD belt + 50% CoE (averaged) + 1300% LoN + 1100% tyraels every 4 seconds (CDR + Orotz).
4000*1,5*13*11/4=214500
so you're at an average of 214500% WD per second, which is nearly 2 times as much as with LGF-FoK

You do realize however that CR is not affected anyways... right?

why would it not be affected? it's a damage inflicting legendary.
12/21/2016 09:58 PMPosted by Ruined
Nothing wrong with the idea but explain me how this wouldn't be catastrophically overpowered? Imagine a GR90 LoN build and change the armor into a Tyrael's Might. GR90 build +1000% x 11 more damage??

He didn't said it has to be 1000% straight, or more or lesse mean more or less little inteligent guy. It's up to Blizzard to balance it.
12/22/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Alukat
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/corrupted-ashbringer
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/crashing-rain

and whatever else with high base WD is out there...

Also the new Manald Heal now that it's super buffed:

• Enemies stunned with Paralysis also take 3000-3500% 13,000-14,000% weapon damage as Lightning
  • Performance is GR90 viable now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvUH_UsIkjg

But with the suggested Tyrael's Might power we're going to see some huge discrepancies between these items... some which are a few hundred % weapon damage only the above 14,000% weapon damage.

I'm thinking Blizzard will need to rebalance these items that are based on weapon damage... maybe scale their damage with the equivalent GR level difficult you're playing at.
    Crashing Rain wouldnt work with this item.

Because CR actually is an addition to a skillcast, its not really an own attack like Shard of Hate or so.
    What ever the affix is, i would still love to have a use for Tyraels other than forgotten souls... lol there is a joke somewhere in there...sad isnt it
    This would work with Hack and Invoker too?

It's a good idea, now you have to make Mempho useful.