Portal for anniversary event is not appearing

General Discussion
01/01/2018 02:07 AMPosted by c3rebral
Yeah, we were trying to get one character all 7 pages - since they're account bound I don't think you can give them to anyone else.

It's account-bound on Seasonal, but it's not account-bound on Non-Seasonal.

But once we started getting the same pages over and over again when we only needed two more, we decided to call it quits after over an hour of the repeats. Especially since we aren't even sure if getting all 7 will even do anything.

That was my gripe last year. In spite of having the pages on that character, you will get repeated pages from the cultists. They still didn't do anything to rectify this. I mean, it's not impossible to include that in the programming, much like how the same legendary gem is not dropped if it is equipped on your character or there's at least one of it in the stash.

I'd hope that they'd open the portal once you got all of them, but I also won't be surprised if they don't do anything at all and we still have to wait til the 4th like most people are saying on the forums.

Not sure why Blizzard thought this was a good idea.

What I recalled last year was that the Darkening of Tristram's portal had nothing to do with these cultist, and it was also delayed. I'd assumed that someone from the server side has to activate this manually.
Yeah I just logged back in and got the last pages.. just a portrait frame.. and it's not even that great of a frame. I hope you're right that they just forgot to activate it, because this is really silly if this was the "pre" event and we now have to wait 2-3 days for the portal to open (if what people are saying, the 4th, is correct)
I hope you're right that they just forgot to activate it...

lol
Same thing as everyone else. No portal. Tried Seasonal non seasonal, lvl 1, 35, 70. Any official word from blizz?
Lets see if this speeds things up aye ladies and gents.

Interesting ... Under American law, false advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer.

So as above at the Blizzard website, it states that, the Darkening of Tristram event will start as of January 1st midnight Pacific Standard Time, it has not so this under American law this is Untruthful, so there for false advertising.

Remember guy and gals you do have legal rights, and the law is the law and no user agreement can stop that.

What you choose to do about it ... well that's completely up to you.
The event is not here for some reason, and blizzard are not even writing a word about this issue?
01/01/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Centipede
The event is not here for some reason, and blizzard are not even writing a word about this issue?

Are you sure about that...
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20760667805?page=2#post-36
01/01/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Akroma
. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using.

You are not paying for the Event so advertising law does not apply. Further, they made it clear LAST YEAR that the cultist pre- event would last from Jan 1-3 before the portal spawns. https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/2-4-3#general

Please note that future anniversary events will feature a pre-cursor event available from January 1-3

So yes, the Event started on Jan one which included the previously announced precursor event. Confirmed by Blizzard.

01/01/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Nevalistis
01/01/2018 07:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
Correction! As has been pointed out to me below - The few hours delay was only for the first year. This year and other years the Cultists will be there first for Jan 1-3. Portal opens after that so probably the 4th.

Saw the confusion pop up and wanted to hop in to reaffirm this! Apologies for not reiterating this information in the blog; we'll get that updated as soon as the rest of us are back in office.

Again, just to be clear: only the pre-cursor event (roaming cultists in Adventure Mode) is currently available. The portal to Old Tristram will open on January 4th.
That was disappointing , I stayed up for it to start, then I thought by the time I got up the postal would be up. 24 hours later, no portal, no red soul shard gem , just cultist and papers until the forth. Unless the finish line is moved again.
01/01/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Akroma
Lets see if this speeds things up aye ladies and gents.

Interesting ... Under American law, false advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer.

So as above at the Blizzard website, it states that, the Darkening of Tristram event will start as of January 1st midnight Pacific Standard Time, it has not so this under American law this is Untruthful, so there for false advertising.

Remember guy and gals you do have legal rights, and the law is the law and no user agreement can stop that.

What you choose to do about it ... well that's completely up to you.

This is what happens when idiots try to sound smart.
1. Read the user Agreement that you clicked you agree with.
2. You are not purchasing the event...
3. Read the user agreement.
4. They said the event started on the first, they didnt say all the parts of the event were gonna be available then...
5. Read the user agreement.......
and last but not least....
6. READ THE FKING USER AGREEMENT... XD
I have a question since I am new to D3. IN this event, to get the Achievement where you start with a level 1 character and Kill the Dark Lord. Do you need to do that in campaign mode or adventure mode? I see the pentagram and portal in ADV mode but not campaign mode so am not sure on the specifics. Does anyone know?
01/03/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Enigma
I have a question since I am new to D3. IN this event, to get the Achievement where you start with a level 1 character and Kill the Dark Lord. Do you need to do that in campaign mode or adventure mode? I see the pentagram and portal in ADV mode but not campaign mode so am not sure on the specifics. Does anyone know?
Last year, I did it in Adventure mode....

There is no portal in Campaign mode.
So many whiners about the event start-times. Good god.
btw .. why its called anniversary event? Its wrong time. Probably reasons for this cuz they were really super lazy with this one ..
02/01/2018 05:01 AMPosted by sh3riff
why its called anniversary event?

The "Darkening of Tristram" event first ran in January 2017 which was as a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Diablo game which occurred on 31st December 1996. Because people enjoyed it last year, they asked Blizzard if it would be coming back, and Blizzard agreed to make it an annual event.
hm .. misunderstood the words there .. i kinda thought that it will be one time event .. i miss old events ..

its like hearing one joke all over again .. its not so funny ..

Did you play Far Cry 3? So you know what insanity is right?
I like Diablo .. but .. its getting more dull every year.
Still no portal for me.
01/11/2019 11:39 AMPosted by Deadwish
Still no portal for me.

You need to go back from the Old Ruins waypoint. Not forward.