Necro won't make it to season 9?

General Discussion
I thought I can start season 9 with necro and get Haedrig’s Gift set for him
Please provide your source for this news that that class won't be available for the upcoming season.
The necro is set to be released mid to late 2017. This is stated in many articles and even from the devs at blizcon when the necro was announced. We will be extremely lucky to see this in season 10. More probable for season 11 or even 12. If they hold to 3 month seasons, 11 will be in June, where 12 is closer to fall.
01/02/2017 04:07 AMPosted by kwittstruck
The necro is set to be released mid to late 2017. This is stated in many articles and even from the devs at blizcon when the necro was announced. We will be extremely lucky to see this in season 10. More probable for season 11 or even 12. If they hold to 3 month seasons, 11 will be in June, where 12 is closer to fall.

I see, thanks for your info. I guess I just stick to WD in season 9 then.
Season 9: 1/6- Approx 3/31
Season 10: Approx 4/7-6/30
Season 11: Approx 7/7-10/6
Season 12: Approx 10/13-?

Necro should arrive Season 11. These are the 12 week breakdowns of the seasons. Notice I put approx before the dates (these are Fridays) because there are going to be changes along the way that break this cycle. Add in that I don't make the schedules up, as they are done internally by the D3 team. I just happen to be really good with a calendar and, if given the chance, could schedule future seasons...

Pipe dream, but anything can happen.
My bet is on season 12.
There will probably be a precursor event prior to the necro beta after season 10. Season 10 will be the kanai event again.
01/02/2017 07:07 PMPosted by WitchesStone
There will probably be a precursor event prior to the necro beta after season 10. Season 10 will be the kanai event again.

Probably not, as Kanai's event is in March. So it would be late Season 9. Next PTR would probably have the improved crafting material UI, which I am looking forward to, as well as possible new zones. However, the zones may wait until the Necromancer patch PTR in July/August.

Again, speculation based on info at Blizzcon and other sources.
Remind me again what the "kanai event" is?
soon delayed to 2018
u heard it first here !
01/03/2017 01:56 AMPosted by Archaedius
Remind me again what the "kanai event" is?

Kanais Stomping Grounds that happens in March. (Will also be the first time we can get the Skorn transmog if that is your thing.)
01/02/2017 07:27 PMPosted by DiabloVern
Next PTR would probably have the improved crafting material UI, which I am looking forward to

Yeah, I sure hope it comes with patch 2.4.4 or whatever the next one is. This one feature will free up a whole stash tab for me.