RED SOUL SHARD, WIRT'S LEG, ROYAL CALF PET

Community Creations
Made some videos of these 20th Anniversary event rewards.

Red Soul Shard legendary gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEdoFMblzys
It is dropped by the special event Diablo (not the normal Diablo in act 4) in the 4th video above.

Unlike other legendary gem, it can only be inserted in the helm slot. Doing also gives you a special transmog. (Obviously a reference to the Diablo 1 ending that the hero plunged the soulstone into his own head.) Its AoE damage is decent. However, the proc rate is quite low. Also, every time it procs, the player character is stunned briefly.

Wirt's Leg (for transmog) and Royal Calf pet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzeMIUnW_ww

Wirt's Leg:
- Check the corpses in Tristam for hints (optional)
- Find the Black Mushroom in labyrinth level 9 (0:36) and get the Rotten Mushroom.
- With the Rotten Mushroom in your inventory, go back to Tristram, then go east and find Adria's hut. Click the cauldron to get the Witch's Brew.
- Go back to Tristram and click on the corpses one by one according to the hints. Finally Griswold's corpse drops the plan for Wirt's Leg.
- Learn the plan at the blacksmith. Craft the Wirt's Leg (it is a mace) and you get the new transmog.

Royal Calf:
- Salvage the Wirt's Leg to get Map of the Stars.
- Go to Tristam, follow the east road and find the corpses of three cows.
- Click the corpses in order according to the hint of the Map of the Stars: 2, 1, 3: which means middle, left, then right. The entrance to Abandoned Farmstead appears.
- Enter the Abandoned Farmstead. A chest is in the center of the area containing the Royal Calf pet. Right click the Royal Calf pet to add it to your pet collections.

Enjoy!
Game difficulty does not matter if your objective is to get the Wirt's Leg and cow pet, or other anniversary achievement. Though crafting Wirt's Leg costs 1 mil gold.
Change

- Learn the plan at the blacksmith. Craft the Wirt's Leg (it is a mace) and you get the new transmog.

to

- Learn the plan at the dead blacksmith. Craft the Wirt's Leg (it is a mace) and you get the new transmog.
i had clicked on the cows before i even started the dungeon. i didnt know they were a thing. its diablo, you click on everything. so now that ive finished it and gotten the map of the stars i can't go any further. well that was fun... :/
well, reloading the game does work after all. i was just a little too pessimistic to think that wouldnt change even though everything else always does.
If you clicked a cow in error, or in the wrong order and haven't salvaged Wirt's leg yet, simply leave it in your stash, have another character grab it from stash, salvage it to get map and enter special Tristram event area with a fresh set of cows for that other toon to click in correct order. Access to farmstead granted and pet calf is your's, enjoy!
Useful note... have the map on you, or portal doesnt open. Not enough just to know the order of clicking cows, but have to have the map in inventory, not stash.
Restarting a new game didn't work for me with my demon hunter. I have map in my inventory, go to Adria's Hut area and ... no cow corpses. I'm so disappointed. Tried with a fresh new Crusader & ... no cow corpses. :(
I'm having an issue where once Writ's Leg is crafted it shows as a 'Magic" item, not "Legendary'. Salvaging it only gives me Arcane Dust and not the Map. Any ideas?
01/03/2018 05:56 PMPosted by Synapse
I'm having an issue where once Writ's Leg is crafted it shows as a 'Magic" item, not "Legendary'. Salvaging it only gives me Arcane Dust and not the Map. Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem. I've restarted the game to see if it would fix after I first tanked 1mil for 2 Arcane Dust. After reading stuff about the leg, I once again made a new one and salvaged it and received nothing but Arcane Dust - never realized it was suppose to be a Legendary not a Magic quality.

I'm having the same problem. I followed the instructions, salvaged the leg, but I only got arcane dust - no map.
Having the same problem as described above.
No Royal Calf for thee, those were only meant for "true anniversary participants" last year.

Either that or Blizzard screwed the loot table.

Blue post anyone?

Same same, looks like they didnt port over the whole event sure it will be fixed at some point
Same issue here
01/03/2018 07:34 PMPosted by pfcblack

Same same, looks like they didnt port over the whole event sure it will be fixed at some point

Same. Hope they fix glitch.
01/03/2018 07:56 PMPosted by Woodey
01/03/2018 07:34 PMPosted by pfcblack

Same. Hope they fix glitch.

Also the same problem. Blue instead of orange.
Yup arcane dust for me too. Hope they fix it.
and to chime in as well.... made 5 of the leg in case I was doing something wrong.... then saw this....

oh geez Bliz... come one!
@ Wakeman Dude this link is outdated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzeMIUnW_ww you can't get the Royal Cow Pet

Everyone tried alright the pet is unobtainble for 2018 Darkening Event