DH Season 9 Viability

Demon Hunter
It's been a while since I've dived head first into seasons, but are DH's finally viable again for pushing grifts in the next season?

Which build would be the strongest? Impale, Multi, m6?

If they are- what are their comps usually consist of, especially 2's?
everyone can push hi gr for quite some time now since season 4 and up i believe, dh are still not 4 man meta viable and that been going on since the beginning of seasons
Viable for group? No. Unless you want to do low grifts with friends. In solo some builds are ok but we are still behind other classes unless you use LoN shi mizu.

If you want to do 2s then marauder grenades might work nice with something that can pull and aoe.
01/01/2017 03:56 PMPosted by ironvalor
everyone can push hi gr for quite some time now since season 4 and up i believe, dh are still not 4 man meta viable and that been going on since the beginning of seasons

The first part is true. The second part is not true. If you didn't have 2 DH shooting Blue Balls, you just didn't have any DPS. Season three, DH was even stronger with UE. You couldn't get trials done without a DH. Without trials, DH just isn't needed. DH is class that kills off the entire map. GRs have moved away from that. You just kill to get the most progression, now.

To answer the OP question. The reworked Hellcat Waistguard will now allow grenade skills to be viable. Cluster Arrow is viable and so is even trying out a Depth Digger build. The fact that DH isn't in the 4 player meta means again that DH can't push as high as the other classes. You simply can't level your gems to 100 without it being your alt class. But, DH will push higher with bonus upgrade chance for clearing without dying. I stopped pushing at 80 in S8 with UE. With the new gem leveling scheme I expect that I should be able to clear at least 3 tiers higher in S9. Mind you, the biggest time you spend is augmenting gear. Gear will be much easier to augment in S9. You should be able to level gems much faster. Personally I play D3 to kill monsters. I play DH to kill ALL THE MONSTERS. DH is no longer a glass cannon class. With either Visage of Gunes or Elusive Ring, you actually have a lot of damage mitigation. With good gear, you can get to 200M toughness with buffs. You can't stand in Arcane, but you easily move through it without instantly dying.
01/01/2017 03:56 PMPosted by ironvalor

Except for they were the only group DPS spec in Season 1 and 2, before classes/sets got balanced much closer together. In Season 1 a DH was literally doing 2-3x the damage any other class could put out. It is nowhere near as dramatic now.

Unless you are trying to rank top 10 in four player, you can use any class as one of the DPS in the group (with in reason). This seasons meta, (just like last season) is DPS- FB WD, Gen Monk . Support- zBarb, zMonk. You don't have to follow the meta exactly. You know how the meta changes mid season (like is has almost every season)? It is because people don't blindly follow the meta and decide to try something different.

Play what you enjoy (use your brain) and see how it works.

http://www.d3planner.com/

Is a great tool to experiment with different classes / specs.