Horrible FPS still 32/64bit on a 1080gtx

Technical Support
After sooo long of this games release a company like blizzard has failed to address FPS issue of this game.

Im not just talking about the new 64bit client, im talking about fps in general.

my fps ranges
@64 bit 90-5
@32 bit 120-30

No matter what settings. I just cannot understand how its acceptable to have such a huge flaw. Ill still play the game and ive learned to deal with it, but seeing a patch and 64 bit i thought " finally, 100 + fps always "

NOPE, still crap, what was the point of this 64 bit client then?

Ive had 3 different pc's while d3 was out and ALL of them had low fps issues.

and for the love of god, please dont tell me to update my drivers and wipe using the DDU.
leave all community channels
according to many people, a quick fix would be to leave all communities you are currently enrolled in.

i'm surprised you are getting sub 100 fps on a gtx 1080.

my gtx 1080 system is getting a steady 170~200 fps @ 1440p.
01/05/2017 08:23 AMPosted by Undisputedx
according to many people, a quick fix would be to leave all communities you are currently enrolled in

So far from what I am reading this does indeed help.
I dont have any communities to leave. As i have 0. During 4man party in 32bit i drop to 10 fps at times. Ive had this issue with 780ti, and sli 660's and now same issue with 1080.

I am very sceptical of your 170 + always fps.

Im running a rendering PC for work, 4930k i7 oc'ed with liquid cooling, 64gb ram and 1tb ssd.

I run bf1 @ 1440p on ultra preset with min 80 fps. Hovers around 100 always.
Have you tried turning down your sound settings in game? Switch it to a lower number of sound channels. That is, for some reason, something that can impact the game.
Yes, i just tried that with this update, switched to the lowest possible. This is a clean win 10 install also, dont have much stuff on the pc atm, so i am not sure why this is, but i cant stress enough that this has always been an issue since day of release, d3 always been running horribly, in fact its the worst game i play fps wise.
I too do not belong to any clans or communities and the fps on 64 or 32 bit is horrible. Worse on 64 bit. Is that all that tech support can come up with is to lower the sound and quit all communities? Come on guys, are you so excited about releasing a new game that you overlook or don't care about the gameplay?
01/05/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Aegis
I too do not belong to any clans or communities and the fps on 64 or 32 bit is horrible. Worse on 64 bit. Is that all that tech support can come up with is to lower the sound and quit all communities? Come on guys, are you so excited about releasing a new game that you overlook or don't care about the gameplay?

MVPs are regular players who do not have access to any of Blizzards tech info. We do the best we can to help out follow players by providing the common solutions to the issue. If a person wants in depth troubleshooting from Blizzard they can use the Support button at the top right to directly put in a support request.
People , People... Its the patch, its bad, bad , bad and you will need to wait until Blizzard fixes it or Nvidia , AMD releases a hotfix.

A buddy of mine just built the Rig to beat all rigs and it has the FPS lag just like the rest of minions.

Win 10 pro w/ latest drivers
Asus x99 Deluxe II
Intel I7 extreme (10 CORES :0 )
64 gigs of DDR4 3333
Samsung 950 pro NVMe
Titan X 12gig mem

If those specs lag below 4K res its the game! QA failed us here!

My rig:
MSI Gaming M7
Intel i7 6700K
3x 256SSD in Raid 0
AMD 390x
16gig DDR4 2666

Running @ 4K did not stutter before the patch. Now it does.
Enough with the stupid temporary fixes. Blizzard needs to understand something went wrong with the patch and it's not us.
01/05/2017 08:35 AMPosted by worx
I dont have any communities to leave. As i have 0. During 4man party in 32bit i drop to 10 fps at times. Ive had this issue with 780ti, and sli 660's and now same issue with 1080.

I am very sceptical of your 170 + always fps.

Im running a rendering PC for work, 4930k i7 oc'ed with liquid cooling, 64gb ram and 1tb ssd.

I run bf1 @ 1440p on ultra preset with min 80 fps. Hovers around 100 always.

i'm not doubting your system, but before i was getting 60 fps in overwatch with a gtx 1080 @ 1440p. it turned out to be one of the many programs i was running in the background, since i installed win 10 clean i'm getting 150 fps in overwatch 1440p.

currently running this:

6700k @ 4.7
gtx 1080 @ 2150mhz
32gb ddr4-3000
samsung 960 pro 500gb nvme with just windows 10, diablo 3 and overwatch. so it has over 300gbs free (purposedly filled less than 50% to maximize drive efficiency).
but even running diablo 3 PTR on 2 x 850 evo 500gbs in raid 0 i still get 170+ fps steady in diablo 3.
i'm running all games @ 1440p on a asus rog swift with gsync enabled and vsync off in-game.

edit: by the way, it doesn't matter how many cores your CPU has, diablo 3 only runs of a single core. does not utilize more than 1 core EVER.
how leave all comunities???
For the users getting lag in 4 player games, or lag when a bunch of monsters are on the screen; press CTRL+S to disable the sound altogether. For some reason when the sounds get backed up to the client it slows down so the sound card can process rather than just ignore it. If you're still lagging with your sound set to 32 channels, and you really like all the sounds because D3 sounds are so epic, then upgrade your sound card to a higher end gaming card...IE: Not on board junk.
I don't know about the communties related problem as I'm not currently in any. I can confirm what a few others are saying about the 64 bit client though...It runs very smooth in single player (better than 2.42) but starts micro stuttering/frame dropping when playing with others. This is much worse than the occasional multiplayer frame drops in 2.42 32 bit. I'm guessing that it is similar/related to the communities problem.

Some specs...

Core i5 4400
8 gb ram
GTX 960
I have the same problem, 64-bit runs very poorly even with all graphic settings lowered, vsync on/off, etc.

I manually enabled SLI using the info from this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20752639729

and performance went up a little but still not very good.

that said the graphics on 64-bit look way better, but the only way I can get decent performance is to revert to using the 32-bit version.

My spec:
i7 3930k CPU (6 core)
x79 mainboard
16Gb RAM
2 x GTX680 SLI (nvidia 376.33 drivers)
Win7 x64

the game is running off an SSD so should not be any bottleneck there
Same thing for me with 970 gtx and i5 4460, 16gb ram. Game runs at 100-130 fps, and then suddenly drops to as low as 20s. When soloing i didn't have this issue if i remember right, but with even just 1 friend, game is unplayable.

Skipped few last seasons because of lack of new stuff, and probably gonna skip this because i can't play the game due to terrible fps....sighs.
same problems with a gtx 1080 on 64 bit. 32 bit is working fine thou...
Hey all,

It looks like we've got two different issues on this one thread. The first is people who suddenly started having problems with FPS / Stuttering after the most recent patch, mostly in 64 bit mode. If you're having this problem, please contribute to this thread where we're investigating the issue.

Meanwhile, it sound like Worx has been having this problem on all of their machines for quite a while. Worx, we'll need some more information from you to try to figure out why this is, as most players don't have this kind of problem. Can you post a DxDiag to this thread so I can check this out for you? Once you have that made, open the file. You'll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post using the "Code" button (</>). This will give me some more information which I can use to check out your specific issue.

Note that it may be a little difficult to see what's caused by the patch and what's your specific issue until we resolve the other problems, but we'll definitely do what we can to figure this out.
thank god.. i was in like 10 communities and i left all of them.. my fps went from 5-10ish to like 60... playable now