Horrible FPS still 32/64bit on a 1080gtx

Technical Support
Same problem here AMD Radeon r9 on 64bits
Same here. I7 6770k / GTX 1080
Weird lagg for me to, from 190 to 30 fps randomly.

i7-6700
16gb ddr4
970gtx

samsung 850 pro
I have been having the same issue. I tried starting in 32 bit mode but it is doing the same thing. Will run fine for a minute or so then get so laggy I can barely move my character around the screen. tried all of the "fixes" but nothing works. Hope Blizz can figure it out soon.
rx480 8gb fps goes up and down all time at 32 or 64bit. lags even at solo or party game. the problem is the patch cause gpu is update with latest amd driver. at other games pc works perfect. blizzard fix the games or go fishing
Can latency lag manifest as FPS lag/fps drops?

6700k/gtx 1060/16gb ram here all settings maxed including x8 multisample, & I can play on solid 130-200fps+ single player with the screen covered in mobs. Soon as I join a 3-4 player game I'll get drops to 30-60, even in town.

Single player example here: https://youtu.be/JB4am3802ds
Multiplayer: https://youtu.be/AIf5k2FQc98 @ 24:23(as soon as the other players are on the screen with me, drops to <50.
Same, running on i5 6600k (+32Gb RAM) with GTX1070.
try untick foregroud fps limit (or LimitForegroundFPS "0"),
this worked for me on 6700k and 1080.
After I turn it off I have a stable ~200fps (before 135max and drop to ~60 all the time)
Its the sound boys. When turning off the sounds the lags vanish instantly! Very few channels seems not to really solve it, but it is less often.
Tried onboard sound, Soundblaster x7 and a dragonfly black! Same issues!
For the tech guys:

Windows 10, 64 bit, 980 gtx.
12GB DDR Ram
Playing on SSD!

The sound problem is in the game for years now, was only on some reagions, and now os everywhere.

Ok, done some testing: Communities does nothing to solve the problem, 32, 64 bit! Nothing changes. Turning sound off, i have absolutely stable 160fps all the time! Turning it on means everything between 30 to 160! The more enemies you explode or see (and probably the sound they make), the problem gets worse.
It's not the sound for everyone. Some people fixed their problems by turning off the sounds or putting it a low but in my case this isn't the sounds because i don't play with sounds in the first place.
01/10/2017 04:48 AMPosted by never
After I turn it off I have a stable ~200fps (before 135max and drop to ~60 all the time)

Look at your GPU usage at the top when your FPS tank. It's the same here. My GPU goes from 20% to 50% to 80% and it's back to 20% in a matter of seconds.

The small update fixed the fps going down when walking in town and just not moving BUT i was in a rift earlier at 60 fps stable and the guardian spawned. It was alone with me and he casted 2 tornadoes. My FPS tanked to 20 just because of the 2 tornadoes or simply because of that guardian.

Edit : This is with the 64 bit client tho. The 32 bit is fine.

So i guess they still have a lot of stuff to fix and optimize. Some of the effects / spells destroys the FPS for nothing.
01/10/2017 04:31 PMPosted by Dragomir
It's not the sound for everyone. Some people fixed their problems by turning off the sounds or putting it a low but in my case this isn't the sounds because i don't play with sounds in the first place.

Turning the sound off is not really a solution, but at least i know where the problems come frome. Strange thing is it has nothing to do with the audio equipment, no matter onboard sound, USB DAC, internal soundcard, problem exists.
I don`t have your gpu problem though!
I get the same !@#$ as well...

Laggy graphics

GTX 1060 6Gb
Hotfix yesterday solved this for me. 64bit client running a smoothly as 32bit now. Thanks Blizz.

BTW @ OP... I am not sure exactly what you mean by "horrible FPS" but it may well be that you have problems with the game loading assets from a slow mechanical hard drive. Have you considered installing an SSD?

I had similar issues and it wasn't FPS, it was loading of assets. Once I installed an SSD and ran Diablo off that, all of the stuttering completely went away. I think it is constantly trying to load assets as you run around playing. For me anyway this solved all of my frame spikes and it was nothing to do with my CPU or GPU hardware or drivers.
01/05/2017 07:56 AMPosted by worx
After sooo long of this games release a company like blizzard has failed to address FPS issue of this game.

Im not just talking about the new 64bit client, im talking about fps in general.

my fps ranges
@64 bit 90-5
@32 bit 120-30

No matter what settings. I just cannot understand how its acceptable to have such a huge flaw. Ill still play the game and ive learned to deal with it, but seeing a patch and 64 bit i thought " finally, 100 + fps always "

NOPE, still crap, what was the point of this 64 bit client then?

Ive had 3 different pc's while d3 was out and ALL of them had low fps issues.

and for the love of god, please dont tell me to update my drivers and wipe using the DDU.

Honestly this may sound stupid to you, but I noticed you said you were overclocking some stuff. Were you using the same software to OC your gpu on each system, and if so did you ever try turning off your OC/disabling the software temporarily to see if that fixed it?

Another random issue could be a firewall or some other similar software that could be screwing with it. I've experienced issues with both before and could just be something stupid like that.
also have this issue. since release, three computers ago. gave up a looong time ago trying to solve it.

fps is like 250 in some places, but in 4 player rift it goes down to sub 20.

settings doesn't matter one single bit.
sound can be 128 channels or off. same thing.

gpu usage and cpu usage goes DOWN when this happens.

identical issue in hots too. 250 fps in spawn down to like 30 in fights.

meanwhile i play overwatch at 138 steady fps in 1440p, 100% render.

fx6300, gtx 970, games on ssd
I'm not sure if this will help others but it has helped me. This has been tested on two separate systems with excellent results so far. Your mileage may vary. Here are some details. Both systems had massive FPS drops mostly only in multiplayer. Note, these changes are not my own and were discovered in the troubleshooting section of the Diablo Fans forums.

System #1
i7-5820k @ 4.2Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX 1070

System #2
i5-6600k @ 4.4Ghz
32GB RAM
GTX 1080

Edit your D3Prefs.txt file. The file is located under your "Documents\Diablo III" folder. Find the line with DisableTrilinearFiltering and change the value to 1. Find the line with HardwareClass and change the value to 1. Find the line with ChannelsToUse and change the value to 16. I didn't make the last change myself but, it has helped others.

Hopefully this helps some until Blizzard can find a better solution.
yeah the above settings really does improve fps but it's not really a fix tbh. but I suppose it's the only thing that's ever going to help..

they really screwed the pooch when coding the engine for d3..
a. it doesn't use multiple cores
b. it doesn't max out your hardware when needed.
i mean what's the point of 250 fps and 99% gpu usage in quiet area if it will drop down to 40 fps and 20% usage when screen is full of action.

i don't think I've ever seen such a poorly optimized aaa game ever.
in contrast to overwatch which is beautifully optimized..
:((
Nothing fixes these fps drops and stutter even at high fps. It remind me when I had problems with overwatch and pretty much had to do a system reinstall to get it to work. Diablo is installed on an ssd.

Sound disabled, with the changes made to the settings file and shadows disalbed on 32 or 64 bit issue is the same. What driver are you guys using that the game is working? Iam on the 376.33 driver reinstalling it didnt help.
01/10/2017 04:33 PMPosted by Dragomir
01/10/2017 04:48 AMPosted by never

Look at your GPU usage at the top when your FPS tank. It's the same here. My GPU goes from 20% to 50% to 80% and it's back to 20% in a matter of seconds.

The small update fixed the fps going down when walking in town and just not moving BUT i was in a rift earlier at 60 fps stable and the guardian spawned. It was alone with me and he casted 2 tornadoes. My FPS tanked to 20 just because of the 2 tornadoes or simply because of that guardian.

Edit : This is with the 64 bit client tho. The 32 bit is fine.

So i guess they still have a lot of stuff to fix and optimize. Some of the effects / spells destroys the FPS for nothing.

same, tornado is the only thing that wrecks my FPS now. everything works great, including being in party. i play with sounds disabled for the record.