Characters Missing or Logging Into The Wrong Region - 3/21/17

Bug Report
1 2 3 8 Next
Hey folks,

We've recently seen some reports of people logging in and noticing that all of their characters are missing. This mainly happens when logging into the wrong region. For example, if your characters are on the US servers and you happen to log into the EU servers, no characters are going to show up because they are saved on the US servers, and not on the EU servers.

To resolve this, you would normally just log out and verify that you are logging into the correct region. However, the reports we've been seeing state that setting the client to the correct region in the Blizzard app has not been working. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating the cause of it.

In the meantime, if you have verified that your app and game are set to the correct region, and you are still missing your characters, please try the launching D3 manually, since that workaround seems to work.

Here's how to do that:

1. Navigate to the Diablo III folder.
2. Locate the Diablo III.exe, right click on it and select Create shortcut.
3. Move the newly created shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
5. In the Target field, leave a space after the last quotation mark and add -launch

The target line should now look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe" -launch
6. Click on the Apply button and use the shortcut to launch the game.

When the game loads up, you should see the old login screen which you can now use to log in. Before doing that, check that the correct region is selected. You can seen the region in small font below the login button.

If the wrong region is selected, click on Options > Account, and change the region in the Server Region Selection drop down menu.

For Mac users please try the steps here: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753695395#1
This didnt work :/
not work for me to
work for me :)
didnt work 4 me either
change Diablo III.exe add -launch and not change to Battle.net Launcher.exe for good performance
Thank you very much :) it worked :D for the first time i was thinking that nothing happend but than i could switch region :3 thx again. Btw guys if you switch the region also restart game cya :)
Dont work for me.
me too cant even chenge the region!! this is !@#$t!!
01/13/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Zinoa
Not work for me.. well maby it works on next season.. would be nice to start playing soon.......
hi it just worked 4 me after the last quotation mark leave a space then - another space the launch click apply n ok
Is this an issue on Xbox360 as well?
We don't get the option to select regions AFAIK anyways. been about 5 months since we played last.
Wifes character has gone MIA, whilst mine is still sitting there.
I cant even find the Diablo III.exe file at all :/
cant change serveur
01/14/2017 10:19 AMPosted by balldeep1991
I cant even find the Diablo III.exe file at all :/

Go to the Battle.Net App (also called the launcher), click on the blue Blizzard logo and select Settings. The Settings window will open.

Click "Game Install/Update" on the left column. Search for "Diablo III:Reaper of Souls" in the right column. Make sure it does not say PTR. The path under is the path to your Diablo iii.exe file. Highlight it and hit Ctrl-C to copy it. Go to the windows Search bar, just to the right of the Windows logo or start button. Click in Search bar and hit Ctrl-V to paste path. Press Enter. The folder containing Diablo iii.exe will pop up.

For those who want to play 64-bit Diablo.... the path on my PC is C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64; I haven't tried this but I assume if you make a shortcut to the Diablo III64.exe file in there, and modify it as suggested by Blizzard, it will launch the 64-bit client instead of the 32-bit.
01/14/2017 02:25 PMPosted by simwong
cant change serveur

simwong: pls go to the very first post of this conversation, and try workaround proposed by Blizzard.
Just empty,
its like i have never played the game,
no accomplishments at all.
I can see them on my online profile but in game is empty
My game says Europe but i think its on US

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beetlegoo-2203/hero/36273399
Beetlegoo: pls go to the very first post of this conversation, and try workaround proposed by Blizzard.
I played a few days ago for the first time in over a year. When I logged back in today I have all my old characters but my new Seasonal character is gone. I tried all 3 regions and can't find it.