What would get you back to playing D3 again?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
make sets an optional build changing thing in the game and not mandatory gear to wear.
Make item finding hard again. People should be thrilled when they complete a build. There's no way that the developer could produce enough content at the rate that people chewed through them atm. This isn't wow where people paid monthly subscription to support content developing. We would be lucky if we can get a few new items every three month. Those new item need to last that long as least. The game only left with gem/paragon level grinding once you took out item hunt. Level grinding is exactly the reason GR is boring.

Also, they need to include the story line into current end game. The game felt like an arcade game without any lore attached.
12/31/2016 10:16 PMPosted by Neogeo
Make item finding hard again. People should be thrilled when they complete a build. There's no way that the developer could produce enough content at the rate that people chewed through them atm. This isn't wow where people paid monthly subscription to support content developing. We would be lucky if we can get a few new items every three month. Those new item need to last that long as least. The game only left with gem/paragon level grinding once you took out item hunt. Level grinding is exactly the reason GR is boring.

Also, they need to include the story line into current end game. The game felt like an arcade game without any lore attached.

I agree,

If sets are going to be the focal point, they should be hard to get.

On top of that, balance the Torment system. Make progression feel important in the mid game again. When you give away free sets, you remove that entire mid tier progression that is essential to feel a sense of accomplishment. Remove experience gains from Greater Rifts. Keeping progression in the Torment level, and competition in the Greater Rift level is essential if this game is ever going to rebound.

Furthermore, greatly reduce the drop rate of set pieces. Coupled with this, if sets are to be the best, make sure they always drop as an Ancient item. This gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you get that set item to drop. Only 4-5 more and you have a 6pc and can progress farther.

The last step is to make sure that each set actually has the power to compete within at least 10% of the strongest set that class has to offer.

If all of this was done, we would have balance and diversity again. We would also have a sense of accomplishment because of a loot hunt, not just an experience grind.
- A new end game. We have bounties and rifts. It would be nice to have a 3rd, viable option.

- Better solo play.

- Removal of bonus cache, further rework of the most annoying bounties.

- Better legendary design. Right now, it feels like to me, that Legendary items are created for specific builds for specific specs. And right now, there is only really one viable build for every class with only 1-2 sets of legendary items while everything else is useless. For an example, Wraps of Clarity: Hatred Generators Reduce Damage Taken by X% For 5 Seconds. So, it's good for only one class. How about: Resource Generators Reduce Damage Taken by X% For 5 Seconds?

"Oh, that would be OP for class X?"

Who cares? They keep moving the goal post anyway. What's OP today will under preform tomorrow. When D3 came out and M6 was pretty much the best set - that's what I was running and I was able to do Grift30 back when that was about as high as you could go. But early in RoS they nerfed it because it was "too powerful" then reworked it, and now every patch they keep buffing it again and again to keep up with UE.
01/01/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Eclipse
- A new end game. We have bounties and rifts. It would be nice to have a 3rd, viable option.

- Better solo play.

[/quote]

Agree with these parts. Let's do it.
Offline mode

And I would play hardcore only
I'll play seasons, but if you really want to make me happy, it's just one thing.

Deckard Cain
A new dev team that doesn't have WoW in their blood....
New item sets that actually expand on build choices
Make the sets take a step back while making some legendaries extra powerful and harder to obtain. Sets should be a stepping-stone to the endgame gear, not the actual endgame gear. I feel like we are just handed the endgame gear and all that's left is to grind paragon.

How about making us work to find those top legendary items. Lower the drop rate and make about the hunt for loot once again instead of paragons. All my interest is lost once I have maximized my gear and there is nothing else to look for.
I played this game since release, and after putting roughly 600 hours into it since then, I typically only played it for 10 or so hours a week for about a month or so between patches. I made my decision to quit playing completely after hearing the news from BlizzCon 2016.

Like many, I was pretty disgusted by Blizzard and the direction they're going in with this game - which quite arguably has no direction at all. I dont have the game-play hours of a dedicated player, but I do have a family, and I work 60 hours a week (5am - 5pm Monday through Friday), so I dont have a whole lot of time to play video games. Spending 600 hours on one game is a lot for me. That said, I was a dedicated player. I blindly supported the devs decisions over the years, and had a lot fun playing.

Unfortunately, it got to a point where there was no point. I was doing the same things over-and-over no matter which classes I played. I dont care much for the concept of seasons, so I only played 1 or 2 of those. I have a max level character of each class and have a ton of gold and gear. My favorite class is Demon Hunter. When I play, I usually spend my time with my character Strelgar (DH) - who is the very first character I created.

What would be bring me back is quite simple actually - thoughtful content. Dynamic content. Content with variety. Continuous content that pushes the world and the story further. Evolving content shaped by ideas nostalgic, traditional and progressive. But I know that this simple thing is a hopeless wish at this point. I am now a firm believer in the fact that Blizzard is likely never going to deliver on shaping this game accordingly.

I am not one to say that I know exactly what is best for this game going forward. I just know that the issues are glaringly obvious, and that Blizzard is not oblivious to them. The fact that Blizzard has done nothing to fulfill the legacy of this game title merely for the sake of satisfying the community that built their foundation as a video game giant makes me sick, and makes it also glaringly obvious that Blizzard does not care about anything we have say about it.

I will not be buying the new class, and I highly doubt that I will ever return to this game. I come back and check this forum maybe once a month hoping maybe something has begun to make sense to Blizzard and there is a big announcement, but sadly I am always disappointed because the forums remain a recycling bin of lost hope, deaf ears, and silent tongues all complaining in unison about the same problems this game has had and will continue to have.

Maybe someone will read what I have typed here and thumbs-up, maybe someone will read it and then thumbs-down. All I know is that Blizzard will never read what I say, or what anyone else says, and address all of our concerns.

So, nuff said, right?

-J
01/01/2017 04:07 PMPosted by Jianyu
I played this game since release, and after putting roughly 600 hours into it since then, I typically only played it for 10 or so hours a week for about a month or so between patches. I made my decision to quit playing completely after hearing the news from BlizzCon 2016.

Like many, I was pretty disgusted by Blizzard and the direction they're going in with this game - which quite arguably has no direction at all. I dont have the game-play hours of a dedicated player, but I do have a family, and I work 60 hours a week (5am - 5pm Monday through Friday), so I dont have a whole lot of time to play video games. Spending 600 hours on one game is a lot for me. That said, I was a dedicated player. I blindly supported the devs decisions over the years, and had a lot fun playing.

Unfortunately, it got to a point where there was no point. I was doing the same things over-and-over no matter which classes I played. I dont care much for the concept of seasons, so I only played 1 or 2 of those. I have a max level character of each class and have a ton of gold and gear. My favorite class is Demon Hunter. When I play, I usually spend my time with my character Strelgar (DH) - who is the very first character I created.

What would be bring me back is quite simple actually - thoughtful content. Dynamic content. Content with variety. Continuous content that pushes the world and the story further. Evolving content shaped by ideas nostalgic, traditional and progressive. But I know that this simple thing is a hopeless wish at this point. I am now a firm believer in the fact that Blizzard is likely never going to deliver on shaping this game accordingly.

I am not one to say that I know exactly what is best for this game going forward. I just know that the issues are glaringly obvious, and that Blizzard is not oblivious to them. The fact that Blizzard has done nothing to fulfill the legacy of this game title merely for the sake of satisfying the community that built their foundation as a video game giant makes me sick, and makes it also glaringly obvious that Blizzard does not care about anything we have say about it.

I will not be buying the new class, and I highly doubt that I will ever return to this game. I come back and check this forum maybe once a month hoping maybe something has begun to make sense to Blizzard and there is a big announcement, but sadly I am always disappointed because the forums remain a recycling bin of lost hope, deaf ears, and silent tongues all complaining in unison about the same problems this game has had and will continue to have.

Maybe someone will read what I have typed here and thumbs-up, maybe someone will read it and then thumbs-down. All I know is that Blizzard will never read what I say, or what anyone else says, and address all of our concerns.

So, nuff said, right?

-J

Feel exactly the same way.
01/01/2017 12:18 PMPosted by sammich

WoW dev get money every month so they hire who they want for a closed job or for some monthes. Are you willing to pay for new devs member at D3 ?

WoW employee a lot of devs because it raise a lot of money. For D3 renew it would need new devs with new ideas the current devs will not bring new ideas outside their boxes it's needed new fresh meat.
01/01/2017 06:22 PMPosted by PardalBR

WoW dev get money every month so they hire who they want for a closed job or for some monthes. Are you willing to pay for new devs member at D3 ?

WoW employee a lot of devs because it raise a lot of money. For D3 renew it would need new devs with new ideas the current devs will not bring new ideas outside their boxes it's needed new fresh meat.

Pretty sure they made plenty of money off the hype the game got and if they need more they could always introduce Microtransactions.

And this is why we need a D4 or D2 remake right. They can't just radically change the foundation of the game without pissing legions of people off.

Pretty sure they made plenty of money off the hype the game got and if they need more they could always introduce Microtransactions.

The money always get over. Do you really want to compare WoW with D3 ? All the D3 money got they get the same money each month with WoW.

It's a monstruous difference. Microtransactions would not help much. If they want to hire for a season work 2 Senior Designer, 2 Senior Game Engineer, 2 Senior Artist, 2 Senior Musicalist. Do you think microtransaction will pay them ? At WoW the month tax would pay all of them. It's just for that D3 development it is low.

The only way to try to change it. It was D3 optional VIP system (the player which want to support Game development would pay one amount) and for each season in change of these help they would start the new season 3 days before everyone. So it would be a way to raise funds to D3 development. Otherwise they would just cast Necro and don't ask money for it. They are selling because they need money to keep developing D3.
Just wish we had more to do. Grinding rifts to be able to grind the exact same rifts faster is not not where I want to be. I was one of the few people who enjoyed Set Dungeons because it actually broke up the monotony somewhat.
12/31/2016 03:46 AMPosted by Alukat
rollback to 1.08.
- add legy effects to the 1.08 legies,
- add new not overpowered legies & set
- add in adventure mode & bonuties
- add in rifts & GRs, vault and that other gimmicky stuff
- add in mystic, kadala, cube
- add in legy-gems
- leave the droprates and GAH untouched
- remove RMAH

[/quote]

- don't sell bli$$ard gold
- kill all the botters

Now you have a game worth checking out. Take note, kiddos.
12/17/2016 06:30 AMPosted by Northstar
What is the one thing that would get you back to playing?

Remove the timers from Greater Rifts for those who don't care about leaderboards.

By that I mean if I could take as long as I like and still be able to upgrade my gems, I'd enjoy the game a whole lot more. I could then play whatever build I wanted and not be forced into the typical cookie-cutter mandatory builds. I don't care one bit about the stupid leaderboards.

Go-go-go gotta go-go-go killed Diablo3 for me. Everybody is in such a rush, it just ruined the game. I see no downside--none whatsoever--in letting me take my time in a Greater Rift run and still upgrade my gems.
12/17/2016 06:30 AMPosted by Northstar
What is the one thing that would get you back to playing?

Give everyone the full available stash space as they should have done in the first place instead of gating it behind seasons, when seasons were a poor design fit for D3X in the first place.