Will D3 get another expansion?

General Discussion
WoW has got like, 2-3 xpacs in 2 years? We get only 1, patch after patch is not enough to keep the game alive, 70% of my FL has gone offline - please tell me you're working on another expansion..

It's a great sin to let this game die so early..
It looks like they're content to take would be expansions and give them to us in bits and pieces over time. Like the new zones, new rifts, armory and Necromancer.

I'm not holding my breath.
Except the Necro will not be a free addition like those others your listed.
Will D3 get another exspanion:
Hopeful answer: Yes! and I would gladly get it.
Realistic answer: probably not :(
At this point, I'd be very surprised to see a second expansion announced.
12/27/2016 04:57 AMPosted by smiLey
WoW has got like, 2-3 xpacs in 2 years? We get only 1, patch after patch is not enough to keep the game alive, 70% of my FL has gone offline - please tell me you're working on another expansion..

WoW gets an expansion every year and a half to 2 years, and they get them because WoW is a constant revenue generator.

D3 has no such revenue generation, and while I agree they made more than enough money from it to finance another expansion the fact is that D3 is a dead game. It's a dead game because it killed too many RPG aspects, went off the scale with item power, never adds anything new, and never fixes anything that went wrong.
Yeah, D3 will get another expansion. Airlines will go bankrupt because of everyone mounting those flying pigs. Yeeeehaaaw!
The Necromancer class is being added in 2017 sometime but there is almost no new content being added to the current D3 game which tells me that there are no short term or long term plans for the D3 game engine we play on now.

Sure it's being upgraded to 64 bits and the latest Direct X release but those are not really new content they will just make playing this game a little better for most people graphics wise and hopefully reduce some lag at high Grift levels.

When they said they were adding a new class I wasn't excited at all, not when you consider this game has been around for 5 years now, ROS for about 4 years and there are still so many things that could be improved that will never get done it's kind of sad. So instead of really tuning up all the classes/items/sets/builds to give some sort of level playing field where every class would be able to offer something to a group run we get another new class that will most likely take years to debug if going by the history of D3 so far.

Not the developers fault, I don't doubt they have a passion for D3 even if I disagree with a lot of their philosophy the blame for not fully developing D3 into the game it could have/should have been falls squarely on the people in charge and their lack of coherent vision for this franchise.

what does this really mean? over 4 years, and the game is dieing early?

this isn't D2...just so you know.

ENOUGH!

what does this really mean? over 4 years, and the game is dying early? how many games are out there that you play for over 4 years continuously? not many.

this isn't D2...just so you know.

ENOUGH!

edit: lol disliking this post means you're a crybaby too, congratulations!
12/27/2016 08:05 AMPosted by Orrion

WoW gets an expansion every year and a half to 2 years, and they get them because WoW is a constant revenue generator.

D3 has no such revenue generation, and while I agree they made more than enough money from it to finance another expansion the fact is that D3 is a dead game. It's a dead game because it killed too many RPG aspects, went off the scale with item power, never adds anything new, and never fixes anything that went wrong.

I see, but yea, they need to redesign alot of things.. especially the skill system, and throw the class specific set items straight into the trash. But 1 more xpac with new end-game content could keep the game alive for another year or so,
I agree it would be nice. They said they were still working on the necromancer content and it would be here around the middle of 2017. It would be nice if they would keep the players updated on what they are working on instead of treating us like mushrooms. I am hoping that The Realm of Evil is a hint to a larger scaled item than a standalone necro pack.
Time to move on already.

D3 has been a trainwreck since launch day and adding more content won't do anything unless the developers actually sit down and give the players more things to do than running stupid rifts.

Seriously, rifts, then GRifts, then Challenge rifts... who the @#$% is in charge over there?

Just scrap this abomination and make D4 so I can see if Blizzard has finally learned from their failures or not.
We do know that they are working on a new Diablo game. That's the only reason that there could be a 2nd expansion at all.

But I would prefer that new game to be D4 - start again, clean slate, do it right.

Yeah lets conveniently forget all the extra areas and content that they added in the patches during that time that you got for free, and complain that they should of added it as an expansion and paid for it. Personally I prefer the free content over having to pay for it
12/27/2016 06:59 PMPosted by Hypersonic
We do know that they are working on a new Diablo game. That's the only reason that there could be a 2nd expansion at all.

But I would prefer that new game to be D4 - start again, clean slate, do it right.

source of the new diablo game or are you talking about the necromancer, I would not call the character pack an expansion
12/27/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Steve

Yeah lets conveniently forget all the extra areas and content that they added in the patches during that time that you got for free, and complain that they should of added it as an expansion and paid for it. Personally I prefer the free content over having to pay for it

Except they dole it out over years and everyone forgets quickly. Necromancer won't even be here until sometime in the later half of 2017, meaning we could see another Blizzcon before we see Necromancer

And I'm not sure about anyone else but adding content that should have been in the game at launch (since most of it is some rehashing from D2 anyway) doesn't count as adding content to me. I'd have been a lottt happier with this game if rifts were already added, and while I was happy with the game when they did get added I realized the fundamental problem of D3 is there's no end. This is fine for WoW but in a game where you're supposed to play a character with new builds and ideas then get bored and start over, it fails.
12/27/2016 07:56 PMPosted by Steve
12/27/2016 06:59 PMPosted by Hypersonic

source of the new diablo game or are you talking about the necromancer, I would not call the character pack an expansion

There were a number of job openings listed under "Diablo - Unannounced Project" that used the phrase "next hit game" in the Blizzard careers section.

There's one job now - Art Manager - listed under Diablo that says "next great game".

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o6Jp4fw2
12/28/2016 05:38 AMPosted by Hypersonic
12/27/2016 07:56 PMPosted by Steve

There were a number of job openings listed under "Diablo - Unannounced Project" that used the phrase "next hit game" in the Blizzard careers section.

There's one job now - Art Manager - listed under Diablo that says "next great game".

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/o6Jp4fw2

And if memory serves they turned up the same time as the talk of a D2 HD or into the D3 engine and figured it was for that